The Temple Bar - SF Here We Come...UYFA!!! - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #391
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:46 AM
Which show did you go to?

Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #392
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea

I didn't dare, remember? I had to work the next morning, plus all the nights I'd already been up till 3am or so and worked already that week... Might not've made it to work the next day if I'd had *anything*, high tolerance or not
Oh, right. That's when we got to witness robot Drea, with no sleep for like a week and a half.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #393
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
Which show did you go to?
We went to both 3rd leg Chicago shows. That was BRUTAL. I can't believe I was physically capable of that kind of a schedule. We were in Toronto for all 4 shows, came home the day after the last Toronto show, did some laundry and repacked for Chi, left around midnight for the 3 hr drive to Port Huron MI to catch the 5 am train to Chi, then stayed in Chi till Thurs of that week? something like that. It was nuts.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #394
Blue Crack Distributor

I was at 5/20...that was my first U2 show, and that was also the first time they'd ever played The First Time al lthe way through (one of my favorite songs) I like to think it was all for me
Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Oh, right. That's when we got to witness robot Drea, with no sleep for like a week and a half.

Well, I got a bit more sleep on the Sat and Sun before the shows, but yeah... by the end of the week I was running on caffeine and adrenaline and not much else The crash post-cousin's-wedding on the Sat night (of TO4 ) was not pretty

Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #396
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I was at 5/20...that was my first U2 show, and that was also the first time they'd ever played The First Time al lthe way through (one of my favorite songs) I like to think it was all for me
Between the Tor/Chi shows, we got SO lucky, as far as the setlist goes. They played Discotheque, I Will Follow (with a band they brought onstage) The First Time (are you absolutely positive that they played it in May, cause I don't think so, I think it was in Sept, and there was a huge thing about it)...Walk On (where Bono forgot they lyrics ), and they also played Wild Horses, and Original...we also saw them in Oct in Detroit , where they played most of MLK, for Rosa Parks And they played Crumbs, too.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #397
Blue Crack Distributor

05/10/2005 United Center - Chicago, Illinois, USA
City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet), Elevation, The Cry, The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet), An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Beautiful Day, New Year's Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet), Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet), Running To Stand Still, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Where The Streets Have No Name, One
encores: Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Party Girl, All Because Of You, Original Of The Species, Vertigo

05/12/2005 United Center - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Vertigo, All Because Of You, Elevation, Gloria, The Ocean, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet), Running To Stand Still, City Of Blinding Lights, Original Of The Species, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Where The Streets Have No Name, One
encores: Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With Or Without You / Strangers In The Night (snippet), Yahweh, Bad / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Sexual Healing (snippet) / 40 (snippet)
Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 PM   #398
Blue Crack Distributor

Haha, it was September...I'm tired, I didn't mean to type 5. it was 9/20, and an 18th birthday present from my dad
Old 07-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #399
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Haha, it was September...I'm tired, I didn't mean to type 5. it was 9/20, and an 18th birthday present from my dad
So you were there?? Dammit, it would have been cool to say hi. But OMG, I remember being SO excited about that song.

Oh, Fast Cars also premiered in Toronto. There were maybe us and three other people in the entire arena excited about it.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #400
Blue Crack Distributor

I wasn't even a member of interference then so I didn't know how much better concerts are when you know everyone there
Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

I think most of the U2 GTA group that was there was excited about it - we were all just spread out It kicked ass anyway *g*

Sam got Bono to add Fast Cars to the setlist he got from that night while he was signing it *snerk*

Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #402
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I wasn't even a member of interference then so I didn't know how much better concerts are when you know everyone there
I am SO looking forward to the next tour, and not being so shy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
I think most of the U2 GTA group that was there was excited about it - we were all just spread out It kicked ass anyway *g*

Sam got Bono to add Fast Cars to the setlist he got from that night while he was signing it *snerk*
Not that Sam doesn't deserve props, but they must have had that song in the wings, don't think they would have done it completely unrehearsed.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor

I am soooo excited for next tour...I wish they'd hurry up
Old 07-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:

I am SO looking forward to the next tour, and not being so shy.
It will be nice to actually know people next time around. Like 212 - I wasn't even aware of Interference at the time I went to my concert.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:23 PM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Not that Sam doesn't deserve props, but they must have had that song in the wings, don't think they would have done it completely unrehearsed.

No no no... I meant add as in "write it down on the setlist while autographing it" If Sam had that kind of influence we'd've had MoFo in TO too