The Temple Bar - SF Here We Come...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

I didn't dare, remember? I had to work the next morning, plus all the nights I'd already been up till 3am or so and worked already that week... :wink: Might not've made it to work the next day if I'd had *anything*, high tolerance or not :lol:

Oh, right. That's when we got to witness robot Drea, with no sleep for like a week and a half. :yikes: :lol:

bono_212 said:
Which show did you go to?

We went to both 3rd leg Chicago shows. That was BRUTAL. :huh: I can't believe I was physically capable of that kind of a schedule. :crack: We were in Toronto for all 4 shows, came home the day after the last Toronto show, did some laundry and repacked for Chi, left around midnight for the 3 hr drive to Port Huron MI to catch the 5 am train to Chi, then stayed in Chi till Thurs of that week? something like that. It was nuts. :crazy:

I was at 5/20...that was my first U2 show, and that was also the first time they'd ever played The First Time al lthe way through (one of my favorite songs) I like to think it was all for me :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Oh, right. That's when we got to witness robot Drea, with no sleep for like a week and a half. :yikes: :lol:

Well, I got a bit more sleep on the Sat and Sun before the shows, but yeah... by the end of the week I was running on caffeine and adrenaline and not much else :lol: The crash post-cousin's-wedding on the Sat night (of TO4 :sigh: ) was not pretty :wink:

bono_212 said:
I was at 5/20...that was my first U2 show, and that was also the first time they'd ever played The First Time al lthe way through (one of my favorite songs) I like to think it was all for me :wink:

Between the Tor/Chi shows, we got SO lucky, as far as the setlist goes. :drool: They played Discotheque, I Will Follow (with a band they brought onstage) The First Time (are you absolutely positive that they played it in May, cause I don't think so, I think it was in Sept, and there was a huge thing about it)...Walk On (where Bono forgot they lyrics :lol:), and they also played Wild Horses, and Original...we also saw them in Oct in Detroit , where they played most of MLK, for Rosa Parks :heart: And they played Crumbs, too.

Last edited:
05/10/2005 United Center - Chicago, Illinois, USA
City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet), Elevation, The Cry, The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet), An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Beautiful Day, New Year's Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet), Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet), Running To Stand Still, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Where The Streets Have No Name, One
encores: Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Party Girl, All Because Of You, Original Of The Species, Vertigo

05/12/2005 United Center - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Vertigo, All Because Of You, Elevation, Gloria, The Ocean, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet), Running To Stand Still, City Of Blinding Lights, Original Of The Species, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Where The Streets Have No Name, One
encores: Until The End Of The World, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With Or Without You / Strangers In The Night (snippet), Yahweh, Bad / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Sexual Healing (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

Haha, it was September...I'm tired, I didn't mean to type 5. it was 9/20, and an 18th birthday present from my dad

bono_212 said:
Haha, it was September...I'm tired, I didn't mean to type 5. it was 9/20, and an 18th birthday present from my dad

So you were there?? Dammit, it would have been cool to say hi. :) But OMG, I remember being SO excited about that song. :love:

Oh, Fast Cars also premiered in Toronto. :) There were maybe us and three other people in the entire arena excited about it. :|

I wasn't even a member of interference then so I didn't know how much better concerts are when you know everyone there :lol:

I think most of the U2 GTA group that was there was excited about it - we were all just spread out :lol: It kicked ass anyway *g*

Sam got Bono to add Fast Cars to the setlist he got from that night while he was signing it *snerk*

bono_212 said:
I wasn't even a member of interference then so I didn't know how much better concerts are when you know everyone there :lol:

I am SO looking forward to the next tour, and not being so shy. :lol:

Drea said:
I think most of the U2 GTA group that was there was excited about it - we were all just spread out :lol: It kicked ass anyway *g*

Sam got Bono to add Fast Cars to the setlist he got from that night while he was signing it *snerk*

Not that Sam doesn't deserve props, but they must have had that song in the wings, don't think they would have done it completely unrehearsed. :)

VintagePunk said:

I am SO looking forward to the next tour, and not being so shy. :lol:

:yes: It will be nice to actually know people next time around. Like 212 - I wasn't even aware of Interference at the time I went to my concert.

VintagePunk said:
Not that Sam doesn't deserve props, but they must have had that song in the wings, don't think they would have done it completely unrehearsed. :)

No no no... :lol: I meant add as in "write it down on the setlist while autographing it" :wink: If Sam had that kind of influence we'd've had MoFo in TO too :lol:

I was aware of Interference. I planned to go to two shows, and I thought that was a lot. It was mainly Ruff who changed my mind, and talked me into the rest. :lol: She's very persuasive. :madwife:

Drea said:

No no no... :lol: I meant add as in "write it down on the setlist while autographing it" :wink: If Sam had that kind of influence we'd've had MoFo in TO too :lol:

Seriously. :drool: I think us and the twins are the only people who even believe that Mofo was rehearsed. The five of us, that's all. :madwife:

VintagePunk said:
Seriously. :drool: I think us and the twins are the only people who even believe that Mofo was rehearsed. The five of us, that's all. :madwife:

I posted it to the GTA - and they all knew I wouldn't lie about a rehearsed song *G* Too bad more people couldn't've heard it though...

I wonder how that wouldv'e been...Pleba certainly would've spontaneously combusted that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom