The Temple Bar - SF Here We Come...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone's a Foo Fighters' fan, I have a ton of alternate/live versions of their songs. I highly recommend their cover of Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street. :drool: :drool: Sarah can actually play the sax part of that song. :)

Ashley, what do you play? :)

My Evanescence obsessed friend is online right now but is currently away, as soon as she comes back, I'll see what I can do

What do you mean what do I play?

I mean...you mentioned that you were associated with your hs band, and I remember seeing you posting about travelling with a band, I think? I was asking what instrument you play.

thanks. :drool: :bow: Those versions have been played on radio around here, and I wasn't sure how hard they'd be to get. they're gorgeous though, esp, the string section one. :)

I play first and formost the alto sax, but in high school band I played the bassoon for three years, one year of marching band I played the baritone, and in middle and junior high I played the flute. I also know how to play some trumpet and the other three sax's, some oboe, and....no wait, I think that's it :hmm:

And yeah, I went with the TCU marching band and the football team to Waco, TX, Albuquerque NM, and San Diego

GASP!

GENESIS SINGS THAT'S ALL!??!?!!?!?

I don't know how I didn't notice that was Phil, but tehre you go

Just starting to upload to ysi. Apparently, they turned out to be zip files, not rars. :huh:

Wow. :bow: She played mainly alto sax (just like I did in hs :cute: ) although in a pinch she can also play any of the others...although bari would be easiest, given that it's the same...and she also learned to play trombone. When she was in senior band, she was asked to play percussion in jr band, because they didn't have a percussionist, so she did that for a year. She was also in the jazz band. they rocked, they were SO tight, and played awesome music...while the old band director was there. That band was reserved for the very best, you had to audition to be in it, and they were amazing. :drool: But then this last term, they let anyone join, and they kinda sucked after that. :(

Oh I forgot about Trombone, I played that in Jazz Band.

God our Jazz band was so good for the first two years of high school...then it sorta fell apart :sigh:

bono_212 said:
Oh I forgot about Trombone, I played that in Jazz Band.

God our Jazz band was so good for the first two years of high school...then it sorta fell apart :sigh:

that sucks. :( I can't even begin to tell you how good their jazz band was, it was the highlight of their winter and spring concerts. I used to snooze through the rest. :reject: it's really a shame how their music dept. seems to have deteriorated. :( sounds like your school was pretty much the same. :( She'd love to continue playing in some way, but the uni she's going to, you can really only play if you're majoring in music...and she's not.

The more I think about it,, it's creepy how similar things are between your daughter and me VP :lol:

Yeah, our marching band and jazz band used to be HIGHLY respected, then things went to hell. And at my university, I'm in Marching band, but that's about it. I could do more, but I just don't have the time.

bono_212 said:
The more I think about it,, it's creepy how similar things are between your daughter and me VP :lol:

Yeah, our marching band and jazz band used to be HIGHLY respected, then things went to hell. And at my university, I'm in Marching band, but that's about it. I could do more, but I just don't have the time.

It IS. Did your mom and I have sex with the same man in the late 80's, by any chance? :eyebrow: :lol:

Just sent the first link, uploading the second to ysi...plus, you need Shaking the Tree (the song)?

I don't like the studio version of shaking the tree :no: I'll stick with the live :wink:

And it depends VP...do you know a man named Dennis?

bono_212 said:
:lmao: are you telling me you're divorced because so are my parents :lmao:

Good lord yes, I turfed that bastard years ago. :up: :lol:

Is your dad an asshole and largely neglectful? :twilighzonetheme: :lol: For your sake I hope not, but given the theme, it would fit.... :uhoh:

:hmm: that's hard to say....I wish he spent more time with me than he does but...well there you go :lmao:...for the most part though, no. He does take care of everything for me as far as college is concerned.

:hmm: How tall is your daught :lol:

bono_212 said:
:hmm: that's hard to say....I wish he spent more time with me than he does but...well there you go :lmao:...for the most part though, no. He does take care of everything for me as far as college is concerned.

:hmm: How tall is your daught :lol:

:hug:

Her's lives up to his financial obligations, but that's about it. :|

Sarah is like 5'6" or 5'7". That was a subject of great consternation for years, she claimed she was taller than me...I'm 5'5". But I give...I think she is an inch or two taller, at this point.

I'll find a pic of her for you...

This is her, with a Canadian celebrity, from 3rd leg Toronto :drool:

DSC00580.jpg

This is her and I, we're the two on the right:

DSC00583.jpg

Did you have to pull out *that* picture? :lol:

I'm the one in the middle who looks :drunk: - but I'm completely sober! VP can vouch for me not having any alcohol that night *g*

Drea said:
Did you have to pull out *that* picture? :lol:

I'm the one in the middle who looks :drunk: - but I'm completely sober! VP can vouch for me not having any alcohol that night *g*

You didn't have any? :eyebrow: :wink: I can't remember, I just know I didn't have much...one or two? And given my tolerance, I may as well have been drinking water. :wink: I only once reached the point of tipsy on that tour, and that was one night in chicago...GG can attest to that. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
You didn't have any? :eyebrow: :wink: I can't remember, I just know I didn't have much...one or two? And given my tolerance, I may as well have been drinking water. :wink: I only once reached the point of tipsy on that tour, and that was one night in chicago...GG can attest to that. :lol:

I didn't dare, remember? I had to work the next morning, plus all the nights I'd already been up till 3am or so and worked already that week... :wink: Might not've made it to work the next day if I'd had *anything*, high tolerance or not :lol:

Back
Top Bottom