The Temple Bar: Setting Fire To The Third Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kat - I'm so sorry to hear that :( I hope things improve quickly.

VP - I'll take it, I can't listen to it till later though

NSW - I know I owe you a PM, I will get it to you.

OH - WAIT - she just said "About" all Canada like. HAHA, the interviewer just did it too. But it's not real bad like "Abooot." lol, she just said it again.

ETA - When I was her age the closest I ever got to activism was bitching about building a canopy because I was tired of getting wet when I went out to smoke a cigarette.

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
Sure thing!

You don't mind if I just find an article to copy and paste do you? :tongue:

5 pages double spaced?
so what, 1500 words?

as long as they cant tell you copied and pasted :tongue:

yeah, 5P dbl spaced. there was no word count, she just said make it just about fill 5 pages.

Pft, I'll use a Canadian article. They'll never know....

Mm...yeah, that's about 1500 words. Not too bad. Worse come to worse you adjust the margins :shifty:

The paper I just finished was just over 9 pages, ~1.5 spacing...

At lil longer than required :shh:

Mwah ha ha, poor TA made the mistake of telling me he didn't care if it went over...

~BrightestStar~ said:
Pft, I'll use a Canadian article. They'll never know....

Mm...yeah, that's about 1500 words. Not too bad. Worse come to worse you adjust the margins :shifty:

The paper I just finished was just over 9 pages, ~1.5 spacing...

At lil longer than required :shh:

Mwah ha ha, poor TA made the mistake of telling me he didn't care if it went over...

the part that's gonna kill me is "2 pages of informed descriptions of the musical piece" :uhoh:

well im not worried so much about the length of the whole thing exactly, it's just i have no idea what im going to write for a description, im bad enough with that listening to music ive known for year, let along beethoven sonatas ive only been listening to for a few weeks.:shifty:

UberBeaver said:

Lila - I'm sorry, but you're going to have to ground Maddy for a while. She voted against "Everybody's Got Something To Hide 'Cept for Me and My Monkey." :mad:

:lol:

There's 30 something songs there - don't think it was gonna last too long. I need to play my copy of the CD in order to vote. I can't remember all the song titles and such.

<off to pick up lunch, come back & wait for cable guy. Take off if he's not here by 2:45-3:00pm and get my hair done

UberBeaver said:
Just go with. Write about the instruments, the crecendo, the imagery and shit. Bullshit your way through it.

This will make page 25 of
"how to have a fantastic life - follow Beavs advice"

snowbunny00774 said:

This will make page 25 of
"how to have a fantastic life - follow Beavs advice"

:mad: I have an English degree and I could probably count on one hand how many books I read in college. I got an A- on the Henriad - I've never read it. Gothic Literature? Couldn't name an author other than Walpole and Poe - but I passed that class. Arthurian Lit and Beowulf - that shit wasn't even in English and I passed. Bullshit goes a looong way. :D

I haven't figured out a topic yet...
So you're free to go hog wild...

It just has to relate to and use examples from any of these..

Frankenstien
Beloved
100 years of Solitude
Kafka's Metamorphsis
Crime and Punishment
Obasan
some Kliest stuff..
Life of Galileo..
or of course the Illiad, or Odyssey, or Dante's Inferno...or sigh, what else have I not finished reading...:hmm:

:help:

Stupid papers. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom