The Temple Bar: Setting Fire To The Third Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I have a four day weekend next weekend. :drool:

I just got back from school. The counseler was on crack - he wanted me to take not one, but two math classes this fall and winter. I told him "yeah, we'll see about that", and got him to pencil in two paralegal courses instead. :muwahahah:

I'm registering Monday for spring and summer. Looks like I'm getting my one computer course out of the way, and taking Intro to Paralegal for spring. :hyper: :nerd:

Ok, now to make my way through this pile of work on my desk.

Are you still on for May? :hyper:

How many classes do you have to take till you're done?

snowbunny00774 said:

Are you still on for May? :hyper:

How many classes do you have to take till you're done?

No idea when the classes are - the stupid catalog isn't even available until Monday. :crack:

I'll let you know asap, though.

Oh, I have a loooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. Well, about another year or so until I get my Associate's if I work all year round. Then it'll be time to work on the Bachelor's. :drool:

No idea when the classes are - the stupid catalog isn't even available until Monday. :crack:

I'll let you know asap, though.

Oh, I have a loooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. Well, about another year or so until I get my Associate's if I work all year round. Then it'll be time to work on the Bachelor's. :drool:

You've already started whichis half the battle, and you seem very determined :up:

Beav -Han Solo - no drink for you!

UberBeaver said:

Cool. Why? What did she do?

It's a big, huge thing, long story. The short of it is that her high school is old and needs a lot of repairs. After years of political crap, it was decided to rebuild the school on its current site, as opposed to building a new one on a different site. Monday night, school trustees suddenly reversed the decision. The students have held walk outs/protests Tues, Wed and Thurs. They went back to class today. She was already interviewed in print earlier in the week. It's had regional tv news coverage, too.

Nice. She got interviewed for Fighting the Powers That Be. That's the greatest possible thing to be interviewed for. Did she say she was on a hunger strike? Always a good tactic when dealing with The Man.

UberBeaver said:
Nice. She got interviewed for Fighting the Powers That Be. That's the greatest possible thing to be interviewed for. Did she say she was on a hunger strike? Always a good tactic when dealing with The Man.

No, no hunger strike. They had a barbecue on the front lawn of the school yesterday, and she brought rice crispy squares. They were well-fed protesters.

Snow, it made the KW/CTV, the Hamilton/CH and Global news. CBC was on their way Wednesday, but would have arrived too late, so they turned back. :( She was hoping George Stromboulop-whatever would come. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

No, no hunger strike. They had a barbecue on the front lawn of the school yesterday, and she brought rice crispy squares. They were well-fed protesters.

Snow, it made the KW/CTV, the Hamilton/CH and Global news. CBC was on their way Wednesday, but would have arrived too late, so they turned back. :( She was hoping George Stromboulop-whatever would come. :lol:

That's awesome! :up:

Oh - I love George! :love: That would be so sweet if he did show up. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

You're not gonna get a new school by eating Rice Krispie Squares, VP. I suggest she get a big clock around her neck to symbolize the time running out on the school board. And get all up in the camera and say "Yeahhhhh Boyyyyy" a lot.

That's cool for her, but sucks overall. Are they not going to rebuild at all, or just building on a new site?

Once more some stellar advice from Beav with the hunger strike angle :up:

I may be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks VP - will you need a study break?

I'm suddenly a lot more comfortable going into the weekend, got a lot of shit sorted this morning, and can finally breathe and concentrate on work. I hate being the fixer of things for my family, but at the same time I'm a control freak :D

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

I haven't seen the news this week - give me a heads up if it's on again. George :drool:
They should cause more noise and lure him there!

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning. I seem to forget to eat a lot lately. :shifty:

That's a bad path :tsk:

:jealous: - I wish eating slipped my mind :grumpy:

I haven't been able to go for lunch in a while...maybe a patio lunch is in order next week with the good weather :hmm:

Our department does pizza and a movie for lunch once a month, and today's the day. :drool: Since we're the creative department at my company, our justification in doing this is that we're "getting inspiration." :lol: People in other departments always get pissed off, but at least HR approves it.

ThoraSEB said:
Our department does pizza and a movie for lunch once a month, and today's the day. :drool: Since we're the creative department at my company, our justification in doing this is that we're "getting inspiration." :lol: People in other departments always get pissed off, but at least HR approves it.

What movie are you watching today?

snowbunny00774 said:

That's a bad path :tsk:

:jealous: - I wish eating slipped my mind :grumpy:

I haven't been able to go for lunch in a while...maybe a patio lunch is in order next week with the good weather :hmm:

I've been out to lunch every day this week, so I'm eating, just not breakfast, lol.

Ok, lastfm is annoying me. Seems they're stuck on stuff I listened to almost two nights ago. :hmm:

ThoraSEB said:

Now that's a good deal :up:

snowbunny00774 said:

I'm just trying to help. :grumpy:

Let's see if you mock me next year when George whoever interviews Sarah from their brand new building.

"How you feeling, Sarah?"
"I'm :censored: starving, George, but other than that, good. How bout this building? Eh?"

snowbunny00774 said:
That's cool for her, but sucks overall. Are they not going to rebuild at all, or just building on a new site?

I may be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks VP - will you need a study break?

They were going to build on the new site, but now the entire city is in an uproar, and the city council and mayor are saying that they won't let them have the land they want to build on. It's craziness. The rebuilding of the old school, parts of it, were supposed to start as early as next month. :crazy:

I hate being the fixer of things for my family, but at the same time I'm a control freak :D

Hello, me. :wave: It's because, left to their own devices, they'd fuck everything up, right? They need us. :love:

What day are you coming here? :hyper:

Beav, the gangsta rap approach to activism - I like it. :hmm:

I'm not sure what the movie is. It's supposed to be this amazing surprise. A different person organizes the lunch each month, and the person doing it today is being a real tease about it.

UberBeaver said:

I'm just trying to help. :grumpy:

Let's see if you mock me next year when George whoever interviews Sarah from their brand new building.

"How you feeling, Sarah?"
"I'm :censored: starving, George, but other than that, good. How bout this building? Eh?"

:lol:

George and Sarah:

DSC00580.jpg

Back
Top Bottom