The Temple Bar: Saving the World and Falling off Barstools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
No longer must you wander aimlessly in search of free drinks.

That's right folks! While the Octagon may be long gone or simply dormant in the darkest depths of the Lemonade Stand, there's a new club on the scene. We have some fresh competition in the neighbourhood!

It may or may not be a giant lemon.

It's the cool new place everyone is talking about...

The Temple bar.....Would you join us?

~ Bri, Zootle n' Friends

temple-bar-2.jpg

Mia - but you're probably going to eat your salad, aren't you? I brought a salad, but did I eat it? No. I walked downstairs and picked me up some sushi, that's what I did. :tsk: This diet is starting to kill me. :mad:

ThoraSEB said:
Mia - but you're probably going to eat your salad, aren't you? I brought a salad, but did I eat it? No. I walked downstairs and picked me up some sushi, that's what I did. :tsk: This diet is starting to kill me. :mad:

Sushi :drool: What kind?

ThoraSEB said:

Oh me too! I mean, I'm eating it now...but that doesn't mean I've been good. But...I stepped on the scale today...just 10lbs to go :hyper:

Thanks Mia. If you go on the basic premise that examination of a prospective employee should positively correlate with the responsibility/skill level of the job, it boggles the mind the hoops that people have to jump through for crap jobs.

Yay Mia! :applaud:

I can't step on a scale. Either I get too encouraged by my results and think "Oh, I can cheat," which leads to me gaining weight, or I get discouraged and say "Screw this," and gain more weight. :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:
Yay Mia! :applaud:

I can't step on a scale. Either I get too encouraged by my results and think "Oh, I can cheat," which leads to me gaining weight, or I get discouraged and say "Screw this," and gain more weight. :lol:

Thanks DG! :hug: Yeah...I've cheated a bit too...this weekend I was craving pizza, so I went for it. But I've started running now instead of walking the dog, A) because it is colder out and B) because I need to compensate ;)

Its tough, and I've been doing this on and off since summer. Hang in there! It takes time, but, even being so close to my goal, I feel it was worth the pain.

VintagePunk said:
Thanks Mia. If you go on the basic premise that examination of a prospective employee should positively correlate with the responsibility/skill level of the job, it boggles the mind the hoops that people have to jump through for crap jobs.

Nobody should take a crap job, unless they have to, I'd never disagree with that premise. I just feel that if you've agreed to an interview, and nobody put a gun to your head to go on the interview, that you do yourself a disservice if you don't take it seriously, for myriad reasons. I'll shut up now, because I don't want to seem unsupportive of you VP, because you know that I am. Or so I hope.

VintagePunk said:

You know what, VP? thank you. I really needed to hear that. I'm gonna stop applying for these crap jobs. I've worked my ass off to get this degree, and I didn't go through all the blood sweat and tears so I can get another lousy job, I'm in it to reach my dreams!

You totally inspired me today :) I owe you one.

redhotswami said:
not at all??? dude! go get some sushi!

I've tried Sushi in 2 different states and 2 different countries, and just do not like it. I'm lacking something. Something inside of me is dead, disallowing me from enjoying this. Crap.

I might go to the cafe and get a sandwich, when the lunch crowd thins out. Take it up here and read at my desk, see how many people bother me dispite the presence of food and a book on my fucking desk.

UberBeaver said:
We totally dominated that last bar. You could say we set fire to the 3rd bar. Right? GET IT!

I'll hang my coat up in this bar. There is no peace when you're Jack Beaver.

:yay:

Does this mean I have to carry my whip, :angel: and wear stilettos all during this one?

*waits for Reggie to see his Reggie signal*

Hopping into the topic of crap jobs, in the economy I'm currently living in, no job is a crap job. A lot of us are lucky we just have them. :happy:

Which is part of the reason I'm back in school.

No spoken words said:

I've tried Sushi in 2 different states and 2 different countries, and just do not like it. I'm lacking something. Something inside of me is dead, disallowing me from enjoying this. Crap.

I might go to the cafe and get a sandwich, when the lunch crowd thins out. Take it up here and read at my desk, see how many people bother me dispite the presence of food and a book on my fucking desk.

Last week I had my soc textbook and a salad on my desk and no less than three people came up to talk to me.

:killintheface:

redhotswami said:

Thanks DG! :hug: Yeah...I've cheated a bit too...this weekend I was craving pizza, so I went for it. But I've started running now instead of walking the dog, A) because it is colder out and B) because I need to compensate ;)

Its tough, and I've been doing this on and off since summer. Hang in there! It takes time, but, even being so close to my goal, I feel it was worth the pain.

I actually lost 50 lbs between summer '05 and late winter '06. Unfortunately, I think it was helped along by the fact that I had diabetes and didn't know it. :( And after going on insulin, it caused a 25-30 lb weight gain. :down: My doctors told me that often with good blood sugar control unfortunately comes a bit of weight gain. But I've lost 10 lbs of it so far. :up:

No spoken words said:

You can make a sign that says "Lunchin. Fuck off."

No spoken words said:

Sushi is the type of food that you either love or hate. There's no in between.

daygloeyes2 said:

I actually lost 50 lbs between summer '05 and late winter '06. Unfortunately, I think it was helped along by the fact that I had diabetes and didn't know it. :( And after going on insulin, it caused a 25-30 lb weight gain. :down: My doctors told me that often with good blood sugar control unfortunately comes a bit of weight gain. But I've lost 10 lbs of it so far. :up:

As you know, DG, weight loss for no good reason is one of the symptoms of Diabetes, so that does account for some of your loss. Once you get your blood sugars to where they should be, and get into a nutritional routine, it gets easier to lose weight again...but between that, and the initial loss of weight, you do tend to put some back. Keep up the good work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom