The Temple Bar: Saving the World and Falling off Barstools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

Enjoy that, though, that's a nice thing and not all that common. Speaks well for you.

Not sure if you saw LMPA's post of a lifetime earlier today....paraphrasing:

"I have so much sex to give and nobody worthy enough to give it to".

Amen.

I will enjoy it...I hope so.

LMPA and I are living parallel lives. Ironic that while it's comforting to know we are not the only ones, it just contibutes to a much bigger picture of general denial, which really doesn't make you feel better.

Amen is right - she should be a preacher :bow:

daygloeyes2 said:

Elisa Cuthbert is waiting for you at home. No, wait she's a dog, that wouldn't make you want to leave.

Um. True.....but, maybe she just needs someone to talk to. A kind and generous soul. Like me. Sort of. I should make sure she is ok.

the rockin edge said:

i work at a restaurant, mostly in the kitchen but i have to deal with the public some. they always annoy me, always. on top of some of the dumbass people that work there.

i do like my boss though.:up:
:wink:

And you have to deal with all the drama with the waitstaff. :down:

This amuses me greatly that an ad campaign shut down parts of Boston today. It shouldn't, but it does.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/31/boston.bombscare/index.html

snowbunny00774 said:

I will enjoy it...I hope so.

LMPA and I are living parallel lives. Ironic that while it's comforting to know we are not the only ones, it just contibutes to a much bigger picture of general denial, which really doesn't make you feel better.

Amen is right - she should be a preacher :bow:

We're all in the same boat, it's not exclusive to you two in here! :)

You better enjoy it, you earned it. Respect from peers or subordinates is a nice thing.

No spoken words said:

We're all in the same boat, it's not exclusive to you two in here! :)

You better enjoy it, you earned it. Respect from peers or subordinates is a nice thing.

I was including you in the part after the parallel lives - you were part of the ironic big picture :)

See - more irony - good news: you're included, bad news: general denial.

I've only been with this team 3 months and this guy started off in a big hole. I had a big talk with him when I first started, and it's been awesome working with him to get him where he is now. Balances out the one I also worked hard with and had to let go this morning. I don't get people who get support and just don't want to work. I can understand crappy support and workplace disengagement, but when someone is going the distance with you and you just don't care - :down:

the rockin edge said:

:lmao:

i used to be a nice guy before i stated this job, now i dont take shit from people anymore.:whistle:

I worked in retail for 6 years, through HS and College....and, it took me all of 3 months to start calling the customers disgustomers. Not easy dealing with the public. But, cliche as this will sound, it taught me a lot about people and how to deal with/read them. Was interesting to work in that business while concurrently studying management classes, etc. Got the theory and reality all at once. Some days I'd walk around the floor with a hammer, just to see if the customers would be nicer or even react. Since this was Yonkers, by the NYC border, nobody gave a shit. :)

snowbunny00774 said:

I was including you in the part after the parallel lives - you were part of the ironic big picture :)

See - more irony - good news: you're included, bad news: general denial.

I've only been with this team 3 months and this guy started off in a big hole. I had a big talk with him when I first started, and it's been awesome working with him to get him where he is now. Balances out the one I also worked hard with and had to let go this morning. I don't get people who get support and just don't want to work. I can understand crappy support and workplace disengagement, but when someone is going the distance with you and you just don't care - :down:

I am too doltish to "get" irony, Snow, you know this.

Good to know that you directly impacted this guy and helped turn him around, that's rewarding. As for the other cat, sorry it did not work out. It's very frustrating when you go above and beyond what you're supposed to do as a manager and still get no response, I've been there.

I owe you a PM re: my exec management training classes, it dawns on me.

Hey guys :wave:

:shifty:

FYI, Reg just wanted you all to know he's "paying me back" for the whip play earlier today.

Hey Snow :kiss:

I should go into preaching... :hmm:

But then I have to do that whole "practice what I preach" shit, wouldn't I? Which means I'd need to find someone worthy of giving all my sex to...

Just thinking out loud here, carry on.

No spoken words said:

I am too doltish to "get" irony, Snow, you know this.

Good to know that you directly impacted this guy and helped turn him around, that's rewarding. As for the other cat, sorry it did not work out. It's very frustrating when you go above and beyond what you're supposed to do as a manager and still get no response, I've been there.

I owe you a PM re: my exec management training classes, it dawns on me.

Yes you do :madwife:

No spoken words said:

I worked in retail for 6 years, through HS and College....and, it took me all of 3 months to start calling the customers disgustomers. Not easy dealing with the public. But, cliche as this will sound, it taught me a lot about people and how to deal with/read them. Was interesting to work in that business while concurrently studying management classes, etc. Got the theory and reality all at once. Some days I'd walk around the floor with a hammer, just to see if the customers would be nicer or even react. Since this was Yonkers, by the NYC border, nobody gave a shit. :)

i should walk around the restaurant with a knife in my hand :hmm: i really dislike customers, and a good portion of the staff.

the rockin edge said:

i should walk around the restaurant with a knife in my hand :hmm: i really dislike customers, and a good portion of the staff.

Sadly, my first thought was "GREAT idea". Then I realized that it's a knife and all.

No spoken words said:

Sadly, my first thought was "GREAT idea". Then I realized that it's a knife and all.

it'd be great, the next time someone asked me for some kind of sauce, i'd just turn and look at them, hold the knife up and say "bitch, do i look like im gonna get that for you?"

:love:

the rockin edge said:

it'd be great, the next time someone asked me for some kind of sauce, i'd just turn and look at them, hold the knife up and say "bitch, do i look like im gonna get that for you?"

:love:

Oh, Tre, you need crazy lessons. If someone asks you for sauce, you turn around, and then put the knife near your ear for a few seconds...then nod a few times....then slowly fix your gaze on the sauce asker, and say "I'd love to get your sauce, sir/ma'am, but my knife says that it'd be a bad idea and when my knife gets angry things get ugly."

No spoken words said:

Oh, Tre, you need crazy lessons. If someone asks you for sauce, you turn around, and then put the knife near your ear for a few seconds...then nod a few times....then slowly fix your gaze on the sauce asker, and say "I'd love to get your sauce, sir/ma'am, but my knife says that it'd be a bad idea and when my knife gets angry things get ugly."
]\

:laugh:

we call the customers all sorts of things in the kitchen, one of the fun things about working there.:drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I think tre just knocked my best post ever out of the park. :drool:
:lol:
wow, what was that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: aaand we have the next title for the bar, peoples

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Ahhh, gotcha.

I like my tracksuits too much. Very loungy and stuff.

And I need someone to enjoy my easy access with, like, now.

I have so much sex to give and no one worthy enough to give it to.

And that's just sad. :tsk:

Tre, here it is, in original form. The 4th sentence in particular is worth reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom