The Temple Bar: Saving the World and Falling off Barstools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
daygloeyes2 said:

Sushi is the type of food that you either love or hate. There's no in between.

I'm kinda in between :freak:

I enjoyed it but I dont' think i'd ever crave it. If a friend really wanted to go I'd go back. But I've only had it the one time so maybe I'll grow to love it.

daygloeyes2 said:

I actually lost 50 lbs between summer '05 and late winter '06. Unfortunately, I think it was helped along by the fact that I had diabetes and didn't know it. :( And after going on insulin, it caused a 25-30 lb weight gain. :down: My doctors told me that often with good blood sugar control unfortunately comes a bit of weight gain. But I've lost 10 lbs of it so far. :up:

Yikes! Good thing you caught it when you did. And that's great that you're already losing some of it!

redhotswami said:

You can make a sign that says "Lunchin. Fuck off."

Or put up a poster of Buchanan on my door:

5-JamesMorrison.jpg

No spoken words said:

Nobody should take a crap job, unless they have to, I'd never disagree with that premise. I just feel that if you've agreed to an interview, and nobody put a gun to your head to go on the interview, that you do yourself a disservice if you don't take it seriously, for myriad reasons. I'll shut up now, because I don't want to seem unsupportive of you VP, because you know that I am. Or so I hope.

It's all good. :)

No spoken words said:

As you know, DG, weight loss for no good reason is one of the symptoms of Diabetes, so that does account for some of your loss. Once you get your blood sugars to where they should be, and get into a nutritional routine, it gets easier to lose weight again...but between that, and the initial loss of weight, you do tend to put some back. Keep up the good work!!!

From mid-February to late March(when I was dxd) last year I lost 20 lbs in that span of time. :ohmy: Everyone thought I had an eating disorder or something.

I'm finally starting to see the good work pay off in the past 2 months or so. :up:

And thanks. :)

redhotswami said:

You know what, VP? thank you. I really needed to hear that. I'm gonna stop applying for these crap jobs. I've worked my ass off to get this degree, and I didn't go through all the blood sweat and tears so I can get another lousy job, I'm in it to reach my dreams!

You totally inspired me today :) I owe you one.

I'm glad. :) I think that many people tend to undervalue themselves, especially coming out of school.

Long story short (NSW knows the full version), I was recently invited to apply for a position that I felt vastly underqualified for, as far as experience goes. The lady who works for the organization and who invited me to apply obviously thinks that my application won't be a waste of their time, that I've got a chance. I've talked to several people since then, including my advisor and people in the field who know me and my skills, and they're all confident that I can do it. The only one not confident was me. So...I learned something, and I'm now reaching a little higher than I would have a few weeks back.

You've worked damn hard for your education. don't sell yourself short. :up:

VintagePunk said:

I'm glad. :) I think that many people tend to undervalue themselves, especially coming out of school.

Long story short (NSW knows the full version), I was recently invited to apply for a position that I felt vastly underqualified for, as far as experience goes. The lady who works for the organization and who invited me to apply obviously thinks that my application won't be a waste of their time, that I've got a chance. I've talked to several people since then, including my advisor and people in the field who know me and my skills, and they're all confident that I can do it. The only one not confident was me. So...I learned something, and I'm now reaching a little higher than I would have a few weeks back.

NSW knows!!! :)

Now that is a post I can agree with. Don't sell yourselves short. Let someone else determine if you're underqualified, don't do it to yourself...because you never know who will see something in you that you maybe take for gratned or do not realize you even have. In some respects, we're our own worst judges, for good and bad traits.

aaand we have the next title for the bar, peoples

redhotswami said:

:lol: oh its just a certain time when everybody takes off their pants (usually 11pm or so). its fun b/c i purposely wear crazy boxers that day. i own the domain http://www.nopantsoclock.com/ it is the best time ever!!

Guys, are you thinking what I'm thinking? :hmm:

redhotswami said:

:lol: oh its just a certain time when everybody takes off their pants (usually 11pm or so). its fun b/c i purposely wear crazy boxers that day. i own the domain http://www.nopantsoclock.com/ it is the best time ever!!

:ohmy:

I have self-imposed no pants days! Seriously! I even call them that! They rock! :drool:

As you can tell, I'm quite enthusiastic about the entire thing. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom