The Temple Bar - Rockin' The Joint...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Californians Unite!
californiaflag.GIF

I should check to see if I won the lottery today :hmm:

VintagePunk said:
:yikes: Sorry to the CA people, I stand corrected. ;)

VP :hug:

It's just such a huge misperception...I hear it all the time from people who've never been here. When they think of Cali, they think of LA/Hollywood...and it's very cutthroat there, and very T&A, and hardbodies...but even LA has a lot of great place and people. Don't ever put off a trip here because you think it's superficial...you'd find it's a great place to visit and live...:yes:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

It's just such a huge misperception...I hear it all the time from people who've never been here. When they think of Cali, they think of LA/Hollywood...and it's very cutthroat there, and very T&A, and hardbodies...but even LA has a lot of great place and people. Don't ever put off a trip here because you think it's superficial...you'd find it's a great place to visit and live...:yes:

Oh, I wouldn't ever put off a trip....I'd just secretly sneer at you all. ;)

Reggie Thee Dog said:

True. I have lived in the LA area for almost 10 years, and, I am a lot of shitty things but superficial I am not....so, after time, I've found my niche here, in regards to people and to places. Lila, for example, lives not all that far from me, but, you'd never know you were close to LA if you were in her neck of the woods. So, sure, every single stereotype you can imagine applies to LA in some capacity, but, not to everyone living here and not to every square inch of the area. Then again, I'm the one who has vowed to move by year's end. :)

Speaking of trips, we have something HUGE in the works for Slutfest '07: London Edition. If we can get enough people. Tell your friends, neighbours and kids. Use peer pressure. Just do it. Whatever it takes. Bribes, intimidation...anything!

VintagePunk said:
Speaking of trips, we have something HUGE in the works for Slutfest '07: London Edition. If we can get enough people. Tell your friends, neighbours and kids. Use peer pressure. Just do it. Whatever it takes. Bribes, intimidation...anything!

I will be there, but, doubt I'll talk anyone else into attending.

Is a date locked down? Cos, at some point, I'll need to start looking at flights and hotel, etc.

VintagePunk said:

I wanna go so badly...but right now I'm not even on the fence about it...because I'm not ALLOWED to be on the fence about it.

Let's see when I broached the subject it was something about, people I don't know, she doesn't know, plane flight...money we don't have...kids, dogs, NSW might spoon me....oh I'm in bad shape here...:sad:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I wanna go so badly...but right now I'm not even on the fence about it...because I'm not ALLOWED to be on the fence about it.

Let's see when I broached the subject it was something about, people I don't know, she doesn't know, plane flight...money we don't have...kids, dogs, NSW might spoon me....oh I'm in bad shape here...:sad:

Might? :)

Ah, the one advantage of being single. Total fucking freedom. If I want to get my slut on in Canada with a pack of people I barely know, I can do that very thing with nary an explanation to anyone.

No spoken words said:

I will be there, but, doubt I'll talk anyone else into attending.

Is a date locked down? Cos, at some point, I'll need to start looking at flights and hotel, etc.

So far, it's looking like the weekend of the 14th.

Reg - :sad: You must use your powers of charms! What if she came with you?

That was a huge element of a conversation I had with someone, recently. I will NEVER ask someone's permission to do something. I'll be considerate and let them know what I'm doing - but I won't ask permission. I'm too old, and have been on my own too long for that shit.

Which might help to explain why I'm still single. ;)

Reggie Thee Dog said:

If she came with me, I'd be:

1) boring

2) castarated

3) not allowed to fraternize with the opposite team

No go, for now. Something about raising kids and saving for our nest egg...

That's not a final answer, is it? I'm seriously devastated. :sad:

Fuck asking permission. I could never do that, will never understand it.

Yeah, I think that may be an issue with some men.

nsw, night - hope you and Reg get some quality spooning in. :wink:

On that positive note, I'm going to bed. VP - am I in on this big thing, or is this a new bigger, sluttier thing?

Reggggggiiiie.... I'm looking at you with my big puppy dog eyes and I'm on my knees, begging you to come. :sad:

Ok, do NOT show your wife this post when presenting your evidence as to why it's imperative you come to Slutfest '07. :shh:

Seriously, I'm gonna be bummed out if you can't make it. :(

I could not see any married friend of mine, especially one with kids, being able to pick up and take a trip involving a lot of people that only the husband or wife knows. Unless it was driving distance and for like a day. I wish Reg attend but not for one second did it cross my mind that he actually would or could.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
[B VP - am I in on this big thing, or is this a new bigger, sluttier thing?
[/B]

check your e-mail in a few...

Night :kiss:

Actually, I'm headed to bed myself. Tired, and I have a shitload of things to do tomorrow. :night, all. :hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Reggggggiiiie.... I'm looking at you with my big puppy dog eyes and I'm on my knees, begging you to come. :sad:

I must say, that is motivation...:yes:

Indeed...

It's not a final answer...however it's an uphill battle.

G'night April...:wave:

In fact I need to scoot in a few myself.

Back
Top Bottom