The Temple Bar - Rockin' The Joint...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:lol:

And you're reliable, too. Another good trait. :up:

I think good taste in music/pop culture, sense of humor but not sarcastic to where I want to throttle you, easygoing, nice to other people... I had a list here somewhere at some point. I shoukld go find it. :hmm:

It involved peanut butter.

Peanut buttah...:drool:

Yeah, sarcastic humor is OK in small doses...I like to point out things that no one would dare say about someone or something.

Like this lady in my office yesterday. Nice lady, we're working on putting together a new application in my office, but she's very overweight, and she was wearing a low cut tank top, with tight Angel Flight jeans, a tight black sweater thing with a huge, sorta furry collar, and stilletos. She looked like disgusting hooker, so I said "Hey Sally, that's a good look on you" and she thanked me.

Oh, I'm such a dickhead...:no:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Peanut buttah...:drool:

Yeah, sarcastic humor is OK in small doses...I like to point out things that no one would dare say about someone or something.

Like this lady in my office yesterday. Nice lady, we're working on putting together a new application in my office, but she's very overweight, and she was wearing a low cut tank top, with tight Angel Flight jeans, a tight black sweater thing with a huge, sorta furry collar, and stilletos. She looked like disgusting hooker, so I said "Hey Sally, that's a good look on you" and she thanked me.

Oh, I'm such a dickhead...:no:

Sarcasm, being cruel, synonymous, sure.

No spoken words said:

Would not take long to actually type these things down...they're not that insane and not all that revealing...you probably were looking for me to post some word document I had written out, though.

We were, but we'll settle for point form. ;)

Ok, drumroll please :p

This was written about 3 years ago but it's still pretty much what I'd like.

Whoever I deem worthy of being my next mate must meet the following requirements (in an oh-so-perfect world):

He will be...
Equal parts funny (as in bursting into fits of spontaneous laughter-we share the same weird humor funny, not "oh, you're SO funny, teehee" funny) and sweet (but not "over the top, kick my gag reflect into high gear" sweet). There is a delicate balance, peoples.
Handsome in a non-threatening way (think John Cusack, Fabrizio Morretti, Matthew Perry).
Someone who will go to all the little indie movies I want to go see.
Kind to animals, as well as to others around him. That goes for waitresses, clerks, and even the guy at the Gap who always looks at him "funny".

He will...
Stand behind me at many concerts, kissing the back of my neck as girls who used to be me look on, envious.
Let me be alone when I need to be. Take me out of the house when I need to get out.
Expect a lot of himself, but won't become a power hungry asshole in the process.
Have examples of healthy, strong relationships all around him, so that he can prove to me that some do exist.

Other requirements:
He will be able to appreciate good Italian cooking.
Have a good, but not scary, relationship with his mother.
Have a good group of friends who reflect the man he is.
Be able to read. And enjoy doing so.
And, while he's at it, it wouldn't kill him to appreciate at least one of the following tv shows: Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Most of all, he'll accept me, warts and all, and not be driven crazy by all of my neurotic behaviors. He'll also be willing to relinguish rights to any jar of peanut butter that enters the house. Of course, it goes without saying, that in return for all of this mind-numbing perfection, I would be the best chick any guy could ever hope for.

Ok, drumroll please :p

This was written about 3 years ago but it's still pretty much what I'd like.

Whoever I deem worthy of being my next mate must meet the following requirements (in an oh-so-perfect world):

He will be...
Equal parts funny (as in bursting into fits of spontaneous laughter-we share the same weird humor funny, not "oh, you're SO funny, teehee" funny) and sweet (but not "over the top, kick my gag reflect into high gear" sweet). There is a delicate balance, peoples.
Handsome in a non-threatening way (think John Cusack, Fabrizio Morretti, Matthew Perry).
Someone who will go to all the little indie movies I want to go see.
Kind to animals, as well as to others around him. That goes for waitresses, clerks, and even the guy at the Gap who always looks at him "funny".

He will...
Stand behind me at many concerts, kissing the back of my neck as girls who used to be me look on, envious.
Let me be alone when I need to be. Take me out of the house when I need to get out.
Expect a lot of himself, but won't become a power hungry asshole in the process.
Have examples of healthy, strong relationships all around him, so that he can prove to me that some do exist.

Other requirements:
He will be able to appreciate good Italian cooking.
Have a good, but not scary, relationship with his mother.
Have a good group of friends who reflect the man he is.
Be able to read. And enjoy doing so.
And, while he's at it, it wouldn't kill him to appreciate at least one of the following tv shows: Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Most of all, he'll accept me, warts and all, and not be driven crazy by all of my neurotic behaviors. He'll also be willing to relinguish rights to any jar of peanut butter that enters the house. Of course, it goes without saying, that in return for all of this mind-numbing perfection, I would be the best chick any guy could ever hope for.

OK, that could be me and my wife could have written that.

Must be the Italian gene...:whistle:

it's perfect April :up:

i keep messing up with the funny/ sweet thing. No balance and I enjoy sarcasm A LOT. Guys with fragile ego's dont

I'm falling asleep :yawn:

sweet dreams :hug:

Oh, a good job is a must, too. I'm way past the age where slacker boys are acceptable.

And they have to like cats. :wink:

Fastest boy to the pussy joke gets uh... well, the pats on the back from the other boys. :p

It'll be between Reg and Beav.

:)

Lila64 said:
very interesting list LMPA :hmm: If such a man exists... :shifty:

:madwife: I'm sure he does...I think...:eyebrow:

And I'm glad I don't have to make out one of these lists...and if ever my wife and I should separate and I wrote up a list, she saw it, she'd pick out all the traits that I seek in a woman that weren't related to her and tell me I didn't want that...seriously.

VintagePunk said:

I imagine (despite the evidence in this thread to the contrary) CA to be a superficial place.

Night Kat. :hug:

Unfair comment. Do not lump all of CA in with LA. I live in LA, and will be the first to admit that this city is insanely superficial. But, don't condemn a whole state for one city's shortcomings.

No spoken words said:

No. :(

I'm not kidding, though, the film I saw today is a German film and it was fantastic.

I'll have to look for your thread about it. :) Although if it's foreign, I doubt I'd find it here. If it doesn't have a car chase, it's not available in this area. :madwife:

Long story about my quest for wings of desire...

No spoken words said:

Unfair comment. Do not lump all of CA in with LA. I live in LA, and will be the first to admit that this city is insanely superficial. But, don't condemn a whole state for one city's shortcomings.

Back
Top Bottom