The Temple Bar - Rockin' The Joint... - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #361
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Thanks April. I'm going to leave to see her in about an hour...in case it gets bad, and I can't get out later.

I went down so hard that if I'd hit the wall, I would have split my head open. That's me though, if there's a patch of ice, I'll find it, and I'll fall. It's like a universal rule.

I was lying on the ground, and my daughter was all "is there anything I can do??" I was all "yeah, go back in time 15 minutes, and put some salt down."

__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #362
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Wow, VP, sorry you had a night like that. Hopefully, as you say, the worst is over and your Mom is truly on the road to recovery.

As for you, I am glad you did not smack your head into brick, that's always good to avoid. Maybe you won't be as sore as you expect.

Good luck with the Snow.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #363
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Wow, VP, sorry you had a night like that. Hopefully, as you say, the worst is over and your Mom is truly on the road to recovery.

As for you, I am glad you did not smack your head into brick, that's always good to avoid. Maybe you won't be as sore as you expect.

Good luck with the Snow.
Thanks. I'd rather have a night like that, the the one like the night before where I actually did get a call...

I'm pretty sure I'll be spending tonight on a heating pad. I have a tendency toward back problems anyway, so sometimes it doesn't take much to get it going.

The amount of snow will depend on the direction and strength of the wind. We're nestled amongst the great lakes, and we get this thing called lake effect snow, where cold winds blow over the lakes, pick up moisture, and it turns into snow inland. That's why Buffalo gets alot, they're subject to it, too. And that's besides the storm system that's coming from the midwest US.

Geography/weather
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #364
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:44 AM
I really want to talk to somebody right now. But I won't.

Maybe I fell on some ice, too, and have amnesia as to why I shouldn't. I'll feel better in a bit.

Hopefully you beat the snow, VP - we're supposed to get upwards of six to eight inches by tomorrow morning, yay.

nsw, thanks to you, everytime I see Buchanan I laugh my ass off. I think I've said this to you before, but it bears repeating.

FYI - I think I'm gonna have some time to watch those dvds this weekend.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #365
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


The amount of snow will depend on the direction and strength of the wind. We're nestled amongst the great lakes, and we get this thing called lake effect snow, where cold winds blow over the lakes, pick up moisture, and it turns into snow inland. That's why Buffalo gets alot, they're subject to it, too. And that's besides the storm system that's coming from the midwest US.

Geography/weather
I did live in NY for 26 years, the phenomenon is not unknown to me.

Also took a GMO class in HS and college.

Hopefully the ferocity of the impending storm will not be too severe.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #366
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:44 AM
I wasn't sure if you would get it off the ocean, in NYC.


I just checked...this is coming off of Lake Ontario (sometimes we get it from other lakes), and till just a few minutes ago, the wind was NNE, meaning that it wouldn't get to us. Now it's switched to E, so yeah, it's headed here.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #367
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Good morning peeps.

Sorry to hear about your fall, VP. I'm like that with ice too - if it's around, I'm gonna slip on it and fall on my ass. I will never ever go ice skating!
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #368
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
I wasn't sure if you would get it off the ocean, in NYC.
We didn't, but, if you live in NYC and pay attention to the weather reports in the Winter, you of course hear about the goings on upstate and in Western NY. While a moron, yes, I'm not a total moron.

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #369
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB
Good morning peeps.

Sorry to hear about your fall, VP. I'm like that with ice too - if it's around, I'm gonna slip on it and fall on my ass. I will never ever go ice skating!
Thora, I'm pathetic. One winter when I was in school full time, I had to park in this one lot, and take a short cut through a wooded path to get to my building. It was all bumpy and had small, short hills, and with all the people walking on it, it would soon turn to pure ice. Those damn kids walked it just fine. Me? I would fall daily. Sometimes several times. It was embarassing.


NSW, I just thought that since NYC is the centre of the world, that you guys wouldn't concern yourselves with what wasn't in your immediate surroundings.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #370
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Thora, I'm pathetic. One winter when I was in school full time, I had to park in this one lot, and take a short cut through a wooded path to get to my building. It was all bumpy and had small, short hills, and with all the people walking on it, it would soon turn to pure ice. Those damn kids walked it just fine. Me? I would fall daily. Sometimes several times. It was embarassing.


NSW, I just thought that since NYC is the centre of the world, that you guys wouldn't concern yourselves with what wasn't in your immediate surroundings.
It is the center of the world, and most NY'ers probably don't care too much about what's going on elswhere....but, then again, I'm not most NY'ers. Or so I thought. Thanks for the lump in, though!
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #371
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Thora, I'm pathetic. One winter when I was in school full time, I had to park in this one lot, and take a short cut through a wooded path to get to my building. It was all bumpy and had small, short hills, and with all the people walking on it, it would soon turn to pure ice. Those damn kids walked it just fine. Me? I would fall daily. Sometimes several times. It was embarassing.
Oh my god. You totally win.
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #372
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


Thanks for the lump in, though!
The wink implies a joke.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #373
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 06:44 AM
I got that VP
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #374
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:44 AM
And here you missed my sarcasm, when you yourself extoll its vritues. That fall on the ice might have had more immediate impact than you thought.

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #375
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:44 AM
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com