The Temple Bar - Rockin' The Joint...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

A man after my own heart :sigh:

:wink:

Although some might judge :killintheface:

I think you guys should swing by London :yes:

Do you think Billy Joel is worth seeing?

who might judge? his parents? (who dont know about the alcohol) my parents ( who dont know either)

:angel:

dont think we'll be swinging by london, not together anyway. i may leave him for a evening and go out of TO though.:wink:

:shifty:

i like some of billy joels stuff,but i dunno whether he's worth seeing now or not...:shrug:

snowbunny00774 said:
I just got home from work a while ago....the usual.

How is your night?

Been working on the text for a power point presentation I have to finish tomorrow. Fun times.

I used to like Billy Joel but living in NY all those years, he got played out for me, and now I cannot really listen to him too often. A few songs, like "Only the Good Die Young" are still listenable for me, but that's about it. Still, if you like him, screw it, go see him. Few things beat live music.

the rockin edge said:

dont have anything to do tonight, and i dont have to get up early tomorrow.:up:

I actually meant Snow, but, it could apply to you, too.

With her, I knew the reply would be "I just got home from work" but I wanted to make sure. :)

the rockin edge said:

who might judge? his parents? (who dont know about the alcohol) my parents ( who dont know either)

:angel:

dont think we'll be swinging by london, not together anyway. i may leave him for a evening and go out of TO though.:wink:

:shifty:

i like some of billy joels stuff,but i dunno whether he's worth seeing now or not...:shrug:

I didn't mean parents :shifty:

You should visit here...maybe we can get some others here too, a mini event perhaps (very mini, but very fun)

He's coming here in May...I can get really good thix if I decide by tmw. My brain is so fried from work I can't remember anything he's done and if I want to go!

No spoken words said:

I actually meant Snow, but, it could apply to you, too.

With her, I knew the reply would be "I just got home from work" but I wanted to make sure. :)

:angry: I need to break this rut!!

Only The Good Die Young!! Thank you - I also just thought of Uptown girl...I think I'll get some tix :up:

No spoken words said:
If you don't know if you want to go, Snow, then you don't really want to go. You know?

No - it wasn't that - I really have been sooo focused all day at one point I had to think what my last name was...you know those days?

snowbunny00774 said:

I didn't mean parents :shifty:

You should visit here...maybe we can get some others here too, a mini event perhaps (very mini, but very fun)

stupid laws :tsk:

:hmm: if someone can find me an open mic night in the GTA or nearby where there is alreadya guitar there i could be quite easily persuaded to appear.:rockon:

snowbunny00774 said:

No - it wasn't that - I really have been sooo focused all day at one point I had to think what my last name was...you know those days?

Yeah, of course I do.

We'll have to trade war stories one of these days, I'm interested to hear what you do...and not a concise surface answer, but the actual mechanics of your job. If time allows and you feel like it, of course. :)

the rockin edge said:
you catholic girls start much too late!

Completely over my head :slideoverheadsmiley:

I'll try and find you something. Do you have a particular night open in your agenda or it's still early days and all nights are open?

NSW - we should. I have a 360 coming up in a few months and I'm still waiting to hear about yours.

I've just spent the last hour in my PJ's sending reports :nerd:

No spoken words said:
I think you switched artists. :)

stepping up in the world.:wink:

snowbunny00774 said:

I'll try and find you something. Do you have a particular night open in your agenda or it's still early days and all nights are open?

Cool! well not the 11th cos we're flying in the evening, but 12th -14th there's no plans yet.:up:

ok guys, ive got to get to bed now :wave:

snowbunny00774 said:

NSW - we should. I have a 360 coming up in a few months and I'm still waiting to hear about yours.

I've just spent the last hour in my PJ's sending reports :nerd:

He was quoting "Only the Good Die Young".

I keep meaning to tell you about the 360 and everytime I get started I don't know how in-depth to go. I have a tendency to ramble via text and I don't want to innundate you with meaningless crap. That being said, it's hard to really give a brief synopsis of the damned thing.

I'm in gym shorts and a WWSD (What Would Skeletor Do) T-shirt typing up part of a report that will help determine if we spend 4million dollars on a particular show or not, kind of a pet project of mine. 4 mill is peanuts in the TV world, but for my network, it's significant....and I am dressed like the biggest dork on earth while doing this. I love it. :)

ETA - Yeah, Tre, Floyd are a step up, for sure. Sleep well! (sleep late)

Night Tre - I'll see what I can find :wave:

I have time to in-depth skim...so write it like that:yes: I'll be having it done so what should I beware of and expect?

Mine are direct reports coaching summaries - the nice ones. The ugly ones I'm doing over the next few days one on one. Then I will throw me or them on a pitchfork. I use the pitchfork and sticking a needle in my eye descriptions a lot. They are my visualization when I want to :killintheface:

For me, when I picture the attacking of a perceived (I say perceived because the reality is I get along with just about everyone but I still want an enemy at work!) :)......it usually involves a sword, and that's as far as I'll go in describing that.

My 360 was from 10 people, my boss, 3 direct reports, 3 peers and 3 "customers". 66 questions. Pretty thorough report given back. I promise to get around to telling you about it this week, you can skim it from time to time if ever bored. :)

My only advice is keep an open mind. Don't dismiss anything outright. And, do not lose sight of all the positive feedback that will be in your 360. Some of the people in my group freaked about the negative stuff, and I was like "But it's largely positive stuff, your obviously well liked and respected, this is just some honest feedback on where and how you might want to improve".

Ok, gonna go read for a bit. Good talking to you, hope your week allows for some measure of free time. :)

No spoken words said:

Ok, gonna go read for a bit. Good talking to you, hope your week allows for some measure of free time. :)

Nice - mock me why don't you :angry:

:wink:

I use the pitchfork thing mostly for my own misery....but every now and then I want other people to suffer too :D

I'm torn about the 360 as I naturally seek the negative so I can correct it ASAP, and I rarely pay attention to the positive except to build my continuation action plans. I feel the 360 may be a pitchfork moment for me :fearformyselffrommyself:

I'm off to bed - long day tmw. Enjoy your reading. :wave:

Have a good day everyone - I'll try to check tmw to see if we have Uber Baby pics.

:cheers:

Lila64 said:

BTW, does... the mailman have red hair :whistle: :wink:
black :ohmy:

Actually, yeah, She does. Son of a bitch.

No spoken words said:
Beav, congratulations!!!!

For the record, my Mom has black hair, my Dad's is now grey but it was brown....but my hair is red. Like out mailman's hair. No joke. :)

Everyone's really happy for you!

WTF? You son of a bitch.

snowbunny00774 said:

Just read back a couple of posts - my brother is the milkman's child also :yikes:

Was he in NY 9 months ago? Son of a bitch.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support. :D You're nice people.

snow - Billy Joel owns Long Island. Don't slander him when you're here, they'll kill you. See how NSW has been out in Cali for a decade? He, he spoke bad about "River of Dreams" = EXILE. Bad form right there. (Also - there's no need to bring the baby a gift. Thanks though. :D Nice people = win.)

I've actually never seen him live, but I'd like to. I feel like a Muslim that's never been to Mecca. I would totally phail Long Island 101.

NSW/snow, before the 360 why don't you two synch up, maybe just synergize, do a deep dive. This way you can get a sense of how sure your footing is before you puts all your oars in water. Make sure the swirl is churned out. You'll both definitely want all your ducks in a row for the 360. Corporate is VERY interested in this.

Tre - are you going to see a Leafs game? I'd like to go to Toronto just to see a Leafs game. It's like the hockey mecca. In fact, one day my ultimate hockey goal is to see the Leafs play the Canadians in both cities. I don't think it's possible to get tickets for that though. See what you can do for me while you're up there, k? Enjoy!

No spoken words said:

No, he retired like 5 years ago. Was hard to look at him knowing he was my real Dad when I still lived back in The Bronx.

That's how I feel about Chuck Norris. I still can't watch Delta Force without welling up. When the music kicks in, and he rides the motorcycle, and shoots the missle then gets in close and does some awesome karate moves on that terrorist, I see myself in that. It hurts.

UberBeaver said:
My daughter can kick your daughter's asses. For realz, yo.

She was born just before 8:00. 7lbs 9oz and she has fat cheeks and reddish hair which is fucked up cause both my wife and I have brown hair.

I'm pretty sure that last night's episode of BSG was so kick ass the kid was like, "Yo, I'm tired of just listening to this shit. I got to get out into the world and see it. Yo moms, make way. BAM."

VP - Good luck to your mom.

:hyper:YAY! redheaded girl beav you've got your work cut out for you

by the way neither of my parents have red hair

UberBeaver said:

That's how I feel about Chuck Norris. I still can't watch Delta Force without welling up. When the music kicks in, and he rides the motorcycle, and shoots the missle then gets in close and does some awesome karate moves on that terrorist, I see myself in that. It hurts.

You can see that Fatherhood has already changed Beav, he's a totally different guy now.

:)

Beav, hope all is well today with baby and Mom. My 360 already went down, just getting Snow prepared for hers. She'll not be able to read it because she'll have poked both eyes out with a pitchfork, but still.

I had 2 chances to meet Chuck Norris and turned both of them down.

LMPA - put that baby to work. Have it work a copy machine or fetch water or something.

:wave:

It was a restless night for me, waking up every hour looking at the phone and coming to the realization that it hadn't rung before going back to sleep. I called my mom's room a while ago, and she's doing very well, thank goodness, and had a good night. Hopefully the worst is over. :)

Me? Not so good. I slipped on ice and fell really hard in my driveway this morning, and just missed smashing the back of my head off a brick wall by about two inches. :angry: A little sore now, but I'm sure that by tonight, moving at all will be an effort.

And, I'm awaiting the blizzard that's supposed to start any time now. We're supposed to get 12 to 20 inches of snow between today and tomorrow morning.

Never a dull moment around here. :happy:

Red-headed babyBeav :cute:

No spoken words said:

You can see that Fatherhood has already changed Beav, he's a totally different guy now.

:)

Beav, hope all is well today with baby and Mom. My 360 already went down, just getting Snow prepared for hers. She'll not be able to read it because she'll have poked both eyes out with a pitchfork, but still.

I had 2 chances to meet Chuck Norris and turned both of them down.

LMPA - put that baby to work. Have it work a copy machine or fetch water or something.

:lol:

I did just drop a pile of papers, and rather than bend over to get them myself, I could just have her crawl around and get them for me. :hmm:

Hey VP :hug:

Sorry about the incident with the ice :yikes: but glad mom's doing well. :up:

Back
Top Bottom