The Temple Bar...Ripping off U2 one song at a time(Canada Day edition) UYMFA!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I answer in the first place (I usually don't, I screen, which sometimes results in me missing calls I should have gotten, dammit), I almost always just say "take me off your call list" and then I hang up. I don't feel badly at all about it. They're calling uninvited, and they're invading my time and space. They're the rude ones, IMO.

I have caller ID, but some calls come in as 'unknown' (which we usually don't answer) and some are 'private caller', which can be friends or family. So there's never any real way to know if they've removed you from the list, though we always say so before we slam down the phone whilst cursing :angel:

I have caller ID, but some calls come in as 'unknown' (which we usually don't answer) and some are 'private caller', which can be friends or family. So there's never any real way to know if they've removed you from the list, though we always say so before we slam down the phone whilst cursing :angel:

There used to be a 1-800 # that you could call and it would take you off all those call lists.
I think there might be a website too.

Yeah, I have caller ID too, but like you said, a lot of the calls come up private or unknown name. Basically what I do is, if it's a long distance call, I don't answer...most of the people I know who do call long distance show up on my caller ID....what I have trouble with missing though are calls from cell numbers, they usually don't show up.

GG, we don't have a central do not call list the way you guys do, although I've heard we're getting one. But legally, if you ask that they take you off their list, they're supposed to within a few weeks.

There's one good thing about the telemarketing calls. My last name is misspelled in all the telephone directories, for some reason. I don't know how that happened, as my bill comes to me in the correct spelling. So whenever a telemarketer calls and asks for me by the misspelled last name, I tell them that that person doesn't live here anymore and to take the name off the list. :lol:

When I first discovered the mistake, I was tempted to call and have them change it, but I never got around to it, and won't, because it's very convenient. :D

ETA - I have caller ID too, but like VP said, it's hard to know...

Junk Email/Spam is way more annoying and out of control for me than telemarketing calls! And there's no way to unsubscribe from most of those! :crazy:

SPAM TXT
Jott from EAS Team .,
Msg: Kirk here x1234. Want to review new opportunities in real time? Check your email to learm how!
Received:
Mon Jul 7, 2:59pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom