The Temple Bar...Ripping off U2 one song at a time(Canada Day edition) UYMFA!!!!!!!! - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #571
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 08:03 AM
dessert
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #572
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Dude - 13 cars?! That's insane!
Yeah.. mostly Mercedes and Jaguars

But, you would never think that by looking at her and hanging out with her. She's not a 'snob'. She is the most down to earth, sweetest, most caring person I've ever met. I love her to death!
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #573
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Yeah.. mostly Mercedes and Jaguars

But, you would never think that by looking at her and hanging out with her. She's not a 'snob'. She is the most down to earth, sweetest, most caring person I've ever met. I love her to death!
Wow! What would you do with 13 cars? Drive a different one every day?!

That's cool that she's not snobby about it, though!
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #574
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 08:03 AM
think she'd mine loaning us one?
One of ours recently had some repairs (tires). Within a few days, it needed more work and cannot be driven. It really sucks to only have one car, and try to juggle a schedule around it
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #575
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Wow! What would you do with 13 cars?
Park them on your $7 million property


But yet I have seen her clipping coupons.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #576
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Wow! What would you do with 13 cars?
Watch them rot?
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #577
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
think she'd mine loaning us one?
One of ours recently had some repairs (tires). Within a few days, it needed more work and cannot be driven. It really sucks to only have one car, and try to juggle a schedule around it
If I knew my car would be in the shop for more than a day I would have to rent a car. I seriously cant live without a car. Very pathetic, I know.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #578
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Watch them rot?
She does drive a different one every now and then, and so does her husband. She mostly drives the Porsche Cayenne though. Where is the :jealous: smilie.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #579
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
If I knew my car would be in the shop for more than a day I would have to rent a car. I seriously cant live without a car. Very pathetic, I know.
You live in Southern Cal, do you not? I can't imagine having to get around without a car in Los Angeles. Now where I'm from we have good public transit, so a car isn't an absolute necessity.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #580
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy more than one car. Why? Might as well use that money somewhere more productive!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #581
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
You live in Southern Cal, do you not? I can't imagine having to get around without a car in Los Angeles. Now where I'm from we have good public transit, so a car isn't an absolute necessity.
I'm in Northern Cali. But yeah same thing, and public transit is not as accessible here.. like you cant just walk into the street and hail a taxi lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy more than one car. Why? Might as well use that money somewhere more productive!
Oh I agree. I might like 2 cars though.. maybe one sporty one and one efficient one. Some people like to collect cars as a hobby I guess.. and when you have millions of dollars, you can do it.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #582
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
If I knew my car would be in the shop for more than a day I would have to rent a car. I seriously cant live without a car. Very pathetic, I know.
Well, hubby and I don't generally need to be out at the same time since we work from home. But Maddy has certain things scheduled, so we need to have the car around for those things, and doctor's appointments, etc. But on the weekends, I feel a little guilty going out, not that he really cares. It's just... uncomfortable/inconvenient

You have to have a car in S.Calif. No ifs, ands or buts
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #583
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 10:03 AM
Ugh, I hate ...

To contribute to the conversation, I love driving, but if I never had to drive ever again and only use mass transit I'd freaking love it.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #584
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 08:03 AM
I wish that transit was an option around here - I'd totally use that all the time, if I could. Unfortunately it sucks in my area - there's a bus that comes near my house twice a day, if that. Gotta love being out in the middle of nowhere in suburb land!
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #585
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
I wish that transit was an option around here - I'd totally use that all the time, if I could. Unfortunately it sucks in my area - there's a bus that comes near my house twice a day, if that. Gotta love being out in the middle of nowhere in suburb land!
I was totally impressed with the mass transit in Vancouver. I absolutely loved the SkyTrain.

Mass transit here is great, but it could be better. To that end, the city is proposing to spend more than $8 billion to upgrade the infrastructure on the island of Montreal.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com