The Temple Bar - Remaster This UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the last few posts reminded me of Peter on the Brady Bunch :happy:

peter.jpg

Well I just did go in there and after reading about 5 posts I had to quit. I don't think I like anything that much that I get so deep into the details and whatnot. Shit, even my daughter doesn't get that much attention from me, and she's like the greatest thing ever (at least until I find a Wii - then I might have to revisit that statement :shifty: ) Like, I love music and I listen to it, but it just seems odd to second guess it. It's friggin music - and POP music at that. Just let it be.

I liked the topic that asked Bono to stop feedin the starvin childruns and make some music. lol. oh boy. You could sense a real desperation in there too.

FYM, to me, is like a sitcom. At the core of every single discussion you are given a premise, and then the characters in the sitcom approach and react to the premise. And like with sitcoms, you know exactly who is going to say what and what the resolution is going to be. THe difference is that sitcoms always have closure, FYM never does. But the fact that the arguments are always EXACTLY the same does, ironically, provide some sort of closure. Fucking weird.

:hmm: That's an interesting way to look at FYM, and I think you're right too.

My ankle feels like it's about to blow up again, and I'm all out of (good) drugs, too :scream:

elevated_u2_fan said:
but guyz, have you listened to Bono's voice when he sings "FEEEL" in vertigo from the #5 NYC show vs #8 Tulsa show?

It's clearly superior :yes:

No no no - he sings it with that extra "E" in the Tulsa version, which if you knew anything at all about music means that the versions in which he sings "FEEEEL" are far superior than those in which he sings it "FEEEL" :tsk:

elevated_u2_fan said:
but guyz, have you listened to Bono's voice when he sings "FEEEL" in vertigo from the #5 NYC show vs #8 Tulsa show?

It's clearly superior :yes:

That's true and that is EXACTLY why I wish he would use the 48 degree throat angle when he sings it. Did you notice at #3 Sydney and then AGAIN at #19 Los Angeles he went with the 72 degree throat angle? What is that all about? The "FEEEEL" never holds right. I think I'm going to cry. I was at the LA show, and I could see him leaning back 30 degrees, 40 degrees, and I was so excited I was sweating, and then he hit 45 degrees and I started to shake, but then I noticed he was slowing down, 48 degrees, 49 degrees, 50 degrees - "WHY BONO WHY", I shouted to him, and I think he heard me cause he paused, but then he went on 54 degrees, 60 degrees, "STOP BONO STOP," I implored him, but he kept going, 65, 70 - I thought my protractor was going to break - finally, mercifully, he stopped at 72, but by then, it was over. He was saying Hello Hello again. I just fell to the floor and wept until they played Bad (He did redeem himself somewhat when he nailed the 52 degree throat angle on the 4th passing of "....WAAAAAAAAAAKE"). Ruined the show for me. The next night was better though.

You know what really grinds my gears?

When two fat kids decide to start making out in the library's computer lab. Right fucking next to me.

:|

It's like that scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas during the DA's conference when "Know Your Dope Fiend" is showing.

Back
Top Bottom