The Temple Bar - Remaster This UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I watched some NBA action last night. It totally sucked. It was like watching high school ball, but worse cause these guys get paid millions to suck. It made me angry that people actually watch this shit. It's so friggin boring.

NBA in the 90s used to be the shit. Now it is just shit :(

Of course, I'm completely speaking from my bias of time of existence. So I can't speak to the decades before then. I t hink pro-sports in general bore me. College sports are where it's at.

Well, I used to watch it in the 80s and 90s. I liked it back then, but then I pretty much stopped watching all sports in the mid-90s. But for some reason I tuned into the Knicks/Suns, and it was just bad. I know the Knicks suck, but the Suns are supposed to be good, but even they looked awful. These guys are pros?

All my cousins wanted brought home for the longest time was basketball stuff. I've got one of them into hockey now so he'll be alright. The other two just went back to celtic etc.

I'm afraid to light the pilot light in the water heater next door :shh: Sometimes I'm unreasonably scared of stupid things.

I detest that I'm gonna have to ask my dad for help with this :tsk: I hate not being able to do everything. But then I also hate having to do everything. I'm just a bitchy cow is what it all boils down to I think.

I just had that issue last month. At 4am. With a crying baby. I had to put the boor kid in a box while I lit the pilot light. And I couldn't get it to stay lit, so I had to google it to find out what I was doing wrong. Then go back, put the baby back in the box where she screamed, and then got the damn thing lit.

It's actually real easy. Just turn it off, wait a few minutes, move the switch to pilot, hold the button, light it - but continue to hold the button (count to 30 or 45) then switch to "on". Make sure the heat is turned on so it actually lights up. Then turn the heat back down, put the grill plate back on, viola!

^ the "lame" chick had to listen to a story about this?

see that's what I'm not sure of, am I also supposed to be lighting it myself with a lighter or do all the little mechanisms take care of that if I hold the button down while it's on pilot?

snowbunny00774 said:
^ the "lame" chick had to listen to a story about this?

see that's what I'm not sure of, am I also supposed to be lighting it myself with a lighter or do all the little mechanisms take care of that if I hold the button down while it's on pilot?

You need to light it with a lighter, yes - do you have one of those long BBQ lighter things? And after the pilot catches, remove the lighter, hold, count to 30 or so, switch to "on". At some point - I think it's after "on", the grills will light, but I'm paranoid and as soon as the pilot goes on, I back my head up just in case - but hold the button or else you need to do it all over again.

Yes she had to listen cause it was better than listening to her ramble about ...whatever she was on about. I wasn't listening.

I will ensure it never happens again. this may necessitate you moving to scotland though :(

So people. I have decided that this holiday season we will address the topic of Nutmeg, daily. Ideally we will have odes to its uselfulness, although there will be some leeway to cover the fact that sometimes it sits on a shelf for 11 months and does fuck all.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

but I'm paranoid and as soon as the pilot goes on, I back my head up just in case - but hold the button or else you need to do it all over again.

that part made me lose any interest in attempting this myself.

DAD :scream:

snowbunny00774 said:
I will ensure it never happens again. this may necessitate you moving to scotland though :(

So people. I have decided that this holiday season we will address the topic of Nutmeg, daily. Ideally we will have odes to it's uselfulness, although there will be some leeway to cover the fact that sometimes it sits on a shelf for 11 months and does fuck all.

yes, i agree, that might be the only course of action at this point. :(/:)

as for holiday season joys...this is the time of year when it sucks to be pseudo-lactose intolerant :(

unico said:

as for holiday season joys...this is the time of year when it sucks to be pseudo-lactose intolerant :(

Not when there is nutmeg in abundance though M I RITE?

Soy and nutmeg :drool:

For fucks sake, be more positive woman.

you're telling me to be positive? does your white kettle make nog too?

:shocked: OMG I HAD NO IDEA THIS EXISTED!!!!!!
nog.gif

snowbunny00774 said:
So people. I have decided that this holiday season we will address the topic of Nutmeg, daily. Ideally we will have odes to its uselfulness, although there will be some leeway to cover the fact that sometimes it sits on a shelf for 11 months and does fuck all.

Ugh, nutmeg. That's shit is bland. Does it serve any real purpose?

Angela's cousins had this little dog named nutmeg, and one day at Christmas dinner I started making fun of the dog and then everyone stopped and started looking at me funny and one of the cousins told me that the dog had died. No one tells me anything until it's too late. :grumpy: That's my nutmeg story. That and we used to get stoned and try to find the dryest substance in the house to eat and see how long we could go without drinking anything to wash it down. Nutmeg came in second to pancake mix for most painful. Pancake mix will fuck your shit up - true story.

We tried that too. Ritz crackers, saltines, flour...we tried it all. People used to say that straight nutmeg will get you high. However, that has not been my experience. At all. If anything, it's a downer.

Back
Top Bottom