The Temple Bar - Remaster This UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I've only managed to find season 1 available for rent at a local video store. I didn't exactly look forward to the prospect of seeing only season 1, and being left hanging.

Dalton - Six Feet Under.

You should have use Mikeflix, you silly Canadian.

What's MOT mean, anyway? Speaking of other threads in other parts of the forum ... which we weren't really doing.

No spoken words said:

You should have use Mikeflix, you silly Canadian.

I'm about ready to give in. Yes, I'm that easy.

Six Feet Under was just so exceptionally well written. At various times during the series, I hated and loved all the characters, and what I appreciated about that is that the varying degrees of goodness and assholishness they all exhibited felt organic. It wasn't like most tv where, oh, character X does one bad thing, so that casts them in the role of the bad person....the changes they went through, their evolution, felt real and organic, like real people.

It's hard to articulate. Just...Alan Ball is a genius. Also, I didn't realize till after the series was over that he's gay. Maybe that's why he was able to write the most realistic gay couple I've ever seen on television.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks.

Can anyone tell me what the point is of the IO part of the forum? Why is that different than half the random shit in Lemonade Stand? Just because someone bothered to type "It's Official" in front of it?

corianderstem said:
Ah, thanks.

Can anyone tell me what the point is of the IO part of the forum? Why is that different than half the random shit in Lemonade Stand? Just because someone bothered to type "It's Official" in front of it?

I don't know. That's like the one area of the forum I don't post in. I feel like I need a special membership, or something. Maybe I just need to become more adept at preceeding my statements with "It's official."

Hey Jules :wave: How's the little one?

VintagePunk said:
Awww. Is she sleeping through the night now? And how are you doing?

Yep! Once in a while she will wake up during the night. She sleeps from 9pm-6am! Sometimes to 8am. WOOHOO!

I am doing pretty good. Trying to find a venue for my wedding next year. It's so expensive! :huh:

Wow, that's awesome! At least it gives you a few hours at night to wind down.

What do you have planned for your wedding, what type of ceremony/reception are you looking at?

Hi Thora :wave: I saw you had a massage earlier. :jealous:

That's great to hear she's getting lots of sleep, Jules! Must be a relief for you. :)

VP - yes, it was wonderful. I'm also getting an hour long one on Friday night at a spa. I shouldn't really be spending the money, but what the hell. :D

I'm thinking of an outdoor wedding. Something really simple. It's just a bit hard to plan a wedding with so many other things going on. Blah. I hope I can get something together really soon.

ThoraSEB said:
That's great to hear she's getting lots of sleep, Jules! Must be a relief for you. :)

VP - yes, it was wonderful. I'm also getting an hour long one on Friday night at a spa. I shouldn't really be spending the money, but what the hell. :D

Rub it in, why doncha? :madspit:

Kafrun keeps making promises to me, but...sigh. :(

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm thinking of an outdoor wedding. Something really simple. It's just a bit hard to plan a wedding with so many other things going on. Blah. I hope I can get something together really soon.

Yeah, booking is the important thing, the details seem to take care of themselves later.

Are you running into problems? Have you called desirable outdoor places, and they're booked?

If I were to ever get married again (highly unlikely, I'm not a fan), I think I'd do the go to Vegas route, or something.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Yeah, booking is the important thing, the details seem to take care of themselves later.

Are you running into problems? Have you called desirable outdoor places, and they're booked?

If I were to ever get married again (highly unlikely, I'm not a fan), I think I'd do the go to Vegas route, or something.

The problem is I'm not good at planning things. lol.. If my fiance and I had it our way we would go to Vegas and elope. But, there would be some very irate parents!

Yeah, there are always pressures from various sides, in planning a wedding.

Is there anyone who can help you plan it, like, an older sibling who's been through it, on either side? Most importantly, stick with your gut, and do what you want, within the bounds of letting family and friends celebrate with you. :)

Back
Top Bottom