The Temple Bar - RavenBlue's Classy Pub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
I wonder if redkat will read this in the morning... It appears The Pogues are playing the Roseland Ballroom in NYC on St. Patty's Day. Tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10:00am EST :shifty:

and though I know nothing of Muse :reject: - they will be playing the Great Western Forum in Los Angeles on 4/10

:scream:

I don't think I can do both :hmm: Plus I've seen them twice this year and the tickets aren't cheap. There are always some available last minute at the box office :shifty:

They are playing on the 14th too, not that I'll be there but you could go.

Not many of you will care about this, but, today I not only go to the UCLA/Arizona basketball game....but, I get to meet Coach Wooden before the game, the guy I'm going to the game with is a good friend and works with me, and knows the SID at UCLA, so, yeah. I'm excited. After the game? Yeah, back to my world of insanity....might watch 2 DVDs tonight, I'm just not sure how hard I'm willing to push my lifestyle. Actually, I do have an option or two for tonight but likely will choose neither. Tomorrow is football. Who exactly am I typing this to right now? Am I typing just to hear myself type. :)

I just got 4 tix for St. Patricks. Probably end up reselling them, but who knows? I've never seen them.

Shane is singing, right?

NSW - John Wooden? That guy still coaches? He's gotta be like 107 years old.

He does not coach, and he is in his late 80's, I think. He merely attends all the home games and such. I normally don't care about meeting players or coaches, because it comes with the job and such, and they're just people....but Coach Wooden is a little different for me, and so I'm looking forward to it.

Well this is a good sign that they're all working together

The Pogues Might Return With New Album This Year
Tuesday January 16, 2007 @ 10:30 AM
ChartAttack.com
By Jason MacNeil (ChartAttack Staff)
Full URL

The Pogues have done a series of brief reunion shows in Britain and North America in recent years, but expect to see some new material from the Celtic rock band on the horizon. According to an interview posted on lead singer Shane MacGowan's website, there's talk of the group hitting the studio again.

"I'm better than ever, and so is everyone actually, and that's old age," MacGowan says. "But I will be doing my own stuff with various remnants of The Popes and there will be some new Pogues stuff coming out, but at the moment the only definite thing is that The Pogues are playing live."

MacGowan says there's a backlog of Pogues material that hasn't been released and he believes that "new material could easily be done."

The Pogues released their last album, Pogue Mahone, in 1996. Their last album with MacGowan at the helm was 1990's Hell's Ditch. In recent years the band have seen some of their back catalogue reissued and various compilations released. Rhino put out the first five studio albums in expanded versions last September.

MacGowan, who turns 50 this year, also commented on the demise of The Popes, his supporting cast for a few of his post-Pogues albums — including his 1995 debut, The Snake. The Popes founding member and banjo player Tommy MacManaman passed away in December.

"He was undoubtedly one of the nicest guys, he was always brilliant, but there was a high emotional price to pay, that sort of genius comes with a price, and he drank too much basically," MacGowan (who's well-known for his own prodigious alcohol intake) says of MacManaman. "Tommy took a sabbatical, to try and get healthy, cause the last thing I wanted was for another person to die, for the sake of us playing gigs."

Kat, my gambling days are long behind me, but, like you, I know some folks with some $$$ on the game....and I know alumni from both schools that will be glued to their TVs today...I have to text like 10 people to let them know where I'm sitting, some will be there, some will look for me on TV. :)

No spoken words said:
Kat, my gambling days are long behind me, but, like you, I know some folks with some $$$ on the game....and I know alumni from both schools that will be glued to their TVs today...I have to text like 10 people to let them know where I'm sitting, some will be there, some will look for me on TV. :)

Same here Arizona has a lot of alumni out here. I've never bet on sports that part of vegas intimidates me

We used to be on sports a lot in Vegas....bet a game, then watch it, kept us from losing too much at the felt....but, now, I maybe make some futures bets now and then, but that's about it.....I'm pretty jealous that you're off to Vegas next weekend, it has been about 8 months since I've been....I have the itch. :)

sorta here reg :wave:

I'm gonna bet on a game now :hmm: You have to be there to collect on super bowl bets? Probably not a good game to bet on anyways....

You do not have to be there.....you can place a bet on...let's say...the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.....and if they win, you have a year to collect...it's just that right now, your odds are not good, because there are only 4 teams left...but, next weekend, you can go bet on the Dodgers to win the WS, and get decent odds....so, you can bet on games, or, you can bet on teams to win their respective leagues....and more, of course, but those are some basics. And on that note, gotta go get ready, talk to you guys later...and if you're home and bored, put FSN (Fox Sports Net) on and watch Arizona/UCLA at 4pmET/1pmPT!!! :):) Later.

No spoken words said:
You do not have to be there.....you can place a bet on...let's say...the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.....and if they win, you have a year to collect...it's just that right now, your odds are not good, because there are only 4 teams left...but, next weekend, you can go bet on the Dodgers to win the WS, and get decent odds....so, you can bet on games, or, you can bet on teams to win their respective leagues....and more, of course, but those are some basics. And on that note, gotta go get ready, talk to you guys later...and if you're home and bored, put FSN (Fox Sports Net) on and watch Arizona/UCLA at 4pmET/1pmPT!!! :):) Later.

OK I'm gonna do it. I just talked to a friend who' buddy is going to be there super bowl weekend and would collect for me If I asked. I want a bet that's a sure thing though and that I'll win lots of money on. if you think of one send me a pm :shifty: :wink:

have fun at the game :wave:

And Reggie starting late this morning. I'm going out you better be drunk posting when I get back :drool:

redkat said:
That's reallly cool nsw I know people with money on that game, of course they have money on all the games :wink:

beav here is the forum I go to http://www.pogues.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

I couldn't find anything specific. Since Shane was well enough to tour a few months ago I'm pretty sure it's still him.

With ticketmaster, I always feel like I'm in a race. So I click, click, click.....click, got the confirmation and realized I wasn't sure if Shane was even gonna be there. Thanks for the article, good news - well, not about the dead guy...but you know.

He's a very interesting drummer, however I'm not ready to call him the greatest, but he is very smart and takes great pride in his craft.

Fuck, I must buzzing to write something that stupid.

Bartender, Jobu needs a refill!!!!

UberBeaver said:
Neil Peart - I've seen people killed for not referring to him as the greatest drummer of all time. He's a cult leader I tell ya.

As someone wise once said to me, "having the biggest drum kit does not equate to being the best."

I suppose that line of thinking could be applied to other areas of the male domain. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom