The Temple Bar - Putting Staplers in Jello and Bringing Sexyback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cd036856.gif

snowbunny00774 said:

Remember the global warming winter we were having VP? Good times :sigh:

It was nice and warm here today. 45 degrees! :love:

Better than the 9 degree high on Friday. :|

I'm off the phone with the guy, and I'm off to bed. :yawn: Goodnight bar! :wave:

VintagePunk said:

I've obviously been underusing aerosol cans of late. :( I'll be sure to let my car idle extra long tomorrow.

Good action plans.

I'll take some stuff out of the blue box and put it in the regular garbage. I was going to walk somewhere tmw but I'll drive. No one can say I'm not doing my part to bring the nice, lovely winter back :drool:

Night DG!

Snow, I've been thinking about this little soirée you're having. What was I thinking? I'm glad you asked.

If we get a big enough list of attendees, it may be possible to stake out a location for a Saturday night gathering - are there any Irish pubs/bars in London? - and perhaps we could request that Elevation play there.

Oooh...look at you with your big picture thinking...fancy girl:drool:

I like the way it plays in my mind. There are a few places that would suit - all within walking distance from me. I think you and April need to come on an advance scouting mission. I wonder how much Elevation charges?

Beav :bow:

snowbunny00774 said:
Oooh...look at you with your big picture thinking...fancy girl:drool:

I like the way it plays in my mind. There are a few places that would suit - all within walking distance from me. I think you and April need to come on an advance scouting mission. I wonder how much Elevation charges?

Beav :bow:

If you ever want anyone to overreach or over-complicate things, I'm your girl. :up:

Brady from Elevation posts here from time to time. In fact, I think he has a thread in the gatherings thread right now. Gabe (who posts here and went to many, many U2 shows this tour) also has a band in the Toronto area, October, but I don't think they've been playing much in the past year.

I was thinking that if we find a bar, mention what we're doing to the owner, and then talk to Brady, maybe it can be arranged without us having to do anything financially. Just the promise of a roomful of crazy, drunken U2 fans spending money for the night ought to be incentive enough, I would think.

No spoken words said:
I would do a few haiku reading gratis, not sure why you need to hire a band. Whatever.

Would you compose and read some more FUCK YOU poems? :love:

We should incorporate some sort of talent contest into this. For real.

I have a talent. :shifty: :flirt:

I have no actual talent, but, I have zeal for being an idiot, so of course I'd compose some FUCK YOU poems.

I'd read haiku.

I'd present some original e-mails as well.

VintagePunk said:

If you ever want anyone to overreach or over-complicate things, I'm your girl. :up:

Brady from Elevation posts here from time to time. In fact, I think he has a thread in the gatherings thread right now. Gabe (who posts here and went to many, many U2 shows this tour) also has a band in the Toronto area, October, but I don't think they've been playing much in the past year.

I was thinking that if we find a bar, mention what we're doing to the owner, and then talk to Brady, maybe it can be arranged without us having to do anything financially. Just the promise of a roomful of crazy, drunken U2 fans spending money for the night ought to be incentive enough, I would think.

I think we have to get the date locked down first, but I like the way you are thinking with this. I'll ask around about the possibility of what you are suggesting. I think the band would want something though for travelling etc. That's what we need to find out.

I have no idea how that would work re: travelling expenses. I do know that they play all over North America, though. And I would guess that they probably have dates open still, this far ahead of time.

Instead of guessing, maybe someone should PM or e-mail Brady. ;)

I wonder how many people you'll have in attendance. Seems like there's a decent amount of interest. Hopefully you'll lock the date down soon, so people can start to actually plan for it.

That would be awesome if we could get Elevation to come! :up: I agree with NSW - the sooner we pick a date, the easier it will be to make this work (for me at least :wink: ).

Although I do plan on seeing them @ the end of March, when they're here in Vancouver.

VintagePunk said:

Instead of guessing, maybe someone should PM or e-mail Brady. ;)

You're right, you should ;)

And then when we have everything worked out we should keep the date a secret till about a week before :D

Wow - private dates in the middle east?!?! That's pretty cool. They may just be out of our range VP :yikes:

snowbunny00774 said:

You're right, you should ;)

And then when we have everything worked out we should keep the date a secret till about a week before :D

Wow - private dates in the middle east?!?! That's pretty cool. They may just be out of our range VP :yikes:

I'm envisioning some crazy-rich oil tycoon flying them over there for a command performance. Craziness!

Back
Top Bottom