The Temple Bar: Put On Your Business Socks Cause It's Time For Business, Oh Yeah - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #751
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Sounds good! I used to love swimming lessons when i was a kid.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #752
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I wonder if Kat got her lemon bar and what the damage was last night in CA

I did get a lemon bar, it wasn't that great, from Coffeebean. I'm going all out now in search of the best! I'll bring some to share if I ever make it to NY

I had the best dinner date tonight

My house is momentarily clean

I've got to get up so freakin early, straight to class and dont' get out till 9 after that so I should sleep now probably

Hi fah have you been gone a while?

Old 08-27-2007, 12:10 AM   #753
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:06 PM
I love swimming too...I sometimes wish we had an in-ground pool

~dreaming huge again~

On a more realistic note, one of the local movie theatres has toonie movies this week: Shrek3 and Nancy Drew

Time to go and do the mini fah/Mom stuff
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #754
Blue Crack Supplier

G'night fah!

Hi kat - that's great about the date!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #755
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat

I did get a lemon bar, it wasn't that great, from Coffeebean. I'm going all out now in search of the best! I'll bring some to share if I ever make it to NY

I had the best dinner date tonight

My house is momentarily clean

I've got to get up so freakin early, straight to class and dont' get out till 9 after that so I should sleep now probably

Hi fah have you been gone a while?
I've been around but just so busy with work/mini fahs that I haven't had the time for any of my 'quality' posts But luckily I am on holidays til September 2nd :up;

And speaking of lemon...my local Cobs Breads has stated making lemon tarts Last week Mr fah and I ate a package of 6 - the mini fahs didn't even get close to them

Really have to go but I'll back
Old 08-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #756
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 AM
fah - in-ground pools are far more work than you think, and can be a pain despite all the benefits... The house that we moved to when I was 7 - the house my parents still live in - had a pool and for years my parents kept it going, replaced the liner and everything else.. For the last five years they've been talking about filling it in, given that my sister and I are both moved out and Mom and Dad don't use it much - when I was home for Easter I was told to get a good look at the pool, because it would be gone the next time I was there

Reasons not to have an in-ground pool:

1)Opening it in late spring and closing it at the end of summer is a pain in the ass and somewhat time consuming - you have to empty (or fill) the water bags that hold down the winter cover, replace the water that may have evaporated from the pool over the fall and winter. vacuum and scoop out the pool (leaves, branches, etc), get the chemicals up to regular levels, etc.

2)Maintenance through the summer - chlorine and shock, testing the water to keep the chemical level where it's supposed to be, vacuuming, keeping an eye on the heater if you have one

3)Frogs find your pool (even with a solar blanket or some other cover on it). Squirrels find your pool. Birds find your pool. The neighbours' dog/cat/children want to get into your pool (and sometimes a neighbour doesn't care or even tries to help their kid climb your fence...)

Mind you, I'm not saying we didn't enjoy the pool - God knows we had enough pool parties between myself, my sister and my parents when I was growing up, and that's how I learned to swim - but they can be more work than they're worth!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 AM   #757
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 AM   #758
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
fah - in-ground pools are far more work than you think, and can be a pain despite all the benefits... The house that we moved to when I was 7 - the house my parents still live in - had a pool and for years my parents kept it going, replaced the liner and everything else.. For the last five years they've been talking about filling it in, given that my sister and I are both moved out and Mom and Dad don't use it much - when I was home for Easter I was told to get a good look at the pool, because it would be gone the next time I was there

Reasons not to have an in-ground pool:

1)Opening it in late spring and closing it at the end of summer is a pain in the ass and somewhat time consuming - you have to empty (or fill) the water bags that hold down the winter cover, replace the water that may have evaporated from the pool over the fall and winter. vacuum and scoop out the pool (leaves, branches, etc), get the chemicals up to regular levels, etc.

2)Maintenance through the summer - chlorine and shock, testing the water to keep the chemical level where it's supposed to be, vacuuming, keeping an eye on the heater if you have one

3)Frogs find your pool (even with a solar blanket or some other cover on it). Squirrels find your pool. Birds find your pool. The neighbours' dog/cat/children want to get into your pool (and sometimes a neighbour doesn't care or even tries to help their kid climb your fence...)

Mind you, I'm not saying we didn't enjoy the pool - God knows we had enough pool parties between myself, my sister and my parents when I was growing up, and that's how I learned to swim - but they can be more work than they're worth!
I have one, and it's the exact same. We, the children, find it fun. Not so much for my father.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:17 AM   #759
Blue Crack Distributor

ok, gonna attempt sleep again
Old 08-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #760
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Btw I finally heard that "hey there Delilah" song that's been talked about in here - once in the car and once at the wedding I was at... and I see how it could get very annoying very quickly

Old 08-27-2007, 02:20 AM   #761
Blue Crack Distributor

There's some excitement in the journal entries tonight!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:27 AM   #762
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
There's some excitement in the journal entries tonight!

The sugar I had earlier to keep me awake so I could work is working a little too well. :wideawake:
Old 08-27-2007, 04:03 AM   #763
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #764
Blue Crack Distributor

Still awake. Five more tests to do before I pack it in for the night. Then tomorrow, I can start writing.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:33 AM   #765
Blue Crack Distributor

5 more tests I'm afraid to even ask. Would you say you are halfway there?