The Temple Bar: Put On Your Business Socks Cause It's Time For Business, Oh Yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:

The first one sounds interesting. Can you get cliff notes (or whatever they are called nowadays) for the second? :shifty:

Nah, they do the Sparknotes (that's it now) for novels, not biographies, so I'm sort of screwed. I'm half ready to just find someone who did read it to give me a summary.

I'm specifically not getting into Space Moon cause then I'm just hopping on a bandwagon at this point. Kind of like the whole support for U2Man thing.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm specifically not getting into Space Moon cause then I'm just hopping on a bandwagon at this point. Kind of like the whole support for U2Man thing.

Everyone is welcome on Space Moon: The Moon in Space. I do agree with you though, it'd be a blatant bandwagon hop.

One thing I dislike about school reading is that it leaves little time to read what I want. Between that and other school work and trying to have somewhat of a social life, The Dark Tower series will have to wait. I highly suggest Kite Runner, though.

I've never read Lord of the Rings for that reason. Not enough time.

Before I get into any other music related thing, I'm seeing how my Symphonic Album fares in that game. I'm interested to see if my tastes are worth anything.

Here's a fun trick I'm playing: I have a $50 gift card to Target. I'm gonna buy a $50 iTunes card with it so I can expand some of my tastes. I'm getting into DMB, John Lennon, and more into Led Zeppelin and Springsteen.

Don't worry too much about the Symphonic Album thing, you'll probably do just fine.

Zeppelin isn't on iTunes, which is a shame. DMB, Lennon, and Springsteen all have some sweet remasters up though, which are probably worth the buys.

All I have from Zeppelin is the Early and Later Days greatest hits and a couple random songs from some mixes my buddies gave me (one of which is in my Symphonic Album). In fact, I think the genre listed on that file may be the name of the guy who made the mix for me by mistake (my brother for some reason does this with all of the mixes, I don't know why).

I wish that I could dry myself off with the awesomeness of Space Moon ... whatever it is.

phillyfan26 said:
All I have from Zeppelin is the Early and Later Days greatest hits and a couple random songs from some mixes my buddies gave me (one of which is in my Symphonic Album). In fact, I think the genre listed on that file may be the name of the guy who made the mix for me by mistake (my brother for some reason does this with all of the mixes, I don't know why).

Cool. Houses of the Holy is probably my favorite Zeppelin album besides the immortal IV.

I understand Space Moon to the point where it penetrates me and makes me question my sound understanding in my posts.

Over the Hills and Far Away massages my soul and rocks my balls at the same time.

Is that even possible?

No spoken words said:
Best lines in a bad movie ever:

"I come in peace"

"And you go in pieces"

What movie is that, you fucking Lemon Bar piece of shit?

I just watched the professional, that's a good fucking movie. I didn't dig the first half, but the last half was dope. Gary Oldman is the shit.

will there be a Led Zep appreciation thread too?
The Supertramp thread reminded me that I lacked certain CDs, which I ordered & arrived today! Might be time for crime of the century. You know, the cover reminds me of something in outer space. :happy:

UberBeaver said:

I just watched the professional, that's a good fucking movie. I didn't dig the first half, but the last half was dope. Gary Oldman is the shit.

The very beginning is fantastic, but it does slow down in the middle.

Gary Oldman deserved a Best Supporting Fucking Crazy Guy Oscar that year.

UberBeaver said:

Oldman's fantastic. Mastered so many different accents for various films. Reno's great, too. Good film.

I think the movie I quoted starred Dolph Lundgren, and might have been called "They Come in Peace", not sure. Should go IMDB it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom