The Temple Bar - Postwhoring that ho...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
Isn't it fantastic? :happy:

Especially when the email starts off so innocently, a dictated note from grandma, who's visiting her son. And so he passes her hello out to the family ... but what's that below? Oh, it's an email forward about how ... oh, I'm not even going to start on the content of said forward.

U2democrat said:
NSW, have you heard anything about how Jim Edmonds is doing? That man sure has been injury prone lately.

Last I heard, he had spent the off season working out with an ex-military guy, and that he was in the best shape of his career. San Diego could have gotten a steal if that's true.

corianderstem said:

Especially when the email starts off so innocently, a dictated note from grandma, who's visiting her son. And so he passes her hello out to the family ... but what's that below? Oh, it's an email forward about how ... oh, I'm not even going to start on the content of said forward.

:tsk::sigh:

It was one of my uncles. But my parents are in the same boat.

But at least they don't do the fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd: thing!

I actually got off my dad's right wing/fundamentalist Christian fwds list after I called him out (copying everybody on the list :drool: ) on a completely hypocritical forward. I haven't received any since, and it's been going on 2 years now. :happy:

No spoken words said:
My parents just forward on to me lame-ass innuendo laced jokes. Sometimes they send copies of their bank account info, so those I keep.

I always get emails about Obama worshiping at an al Queda mosque while having sex with the pope and refusing to say the pledge of allegiance

Dalton said:

I thought they've already said he would move into the rotation later this year?

That's what they said...but they said in November that he'd be in the rotation from day one. So, who knows...the plan I read was bullpen for 3 months.....minors for one month to get some starts in on limited pitch counts, then back to the Bronx to join the rotation for the final 2 months...but trust me, if the pen is shaky, they'll leave him right there.

The Sandlot is a terrible movie that will make you wish you were a kid again.

In today's baseball it is much easier to find a 3,4, or 5 starter that will give you 150 - 200 innings than it is to find a shutdown presence at the end of a game. So, if Hughes and/or Kennedy can be consistent 6 to 7 inning pitchers, Joba will stay in the pen.

Dalton said:

In today's baseball it is much easier to find a 3,4, or 5 starter that will give you 150 - 200 innings than it is to find a shutdown presence at the end of a game. So, if Hughes and/or Kennedy can be consistent 6 to 7 inning pitchers, Joba will stay in the pen.

I hear you...but in 2009, Mussina and Pettitte will be gone.....and with the Yanks taking a pass on Johan and Haren, that leaves a few holes.....eh, we'll see.

Dalton said:

That's the one that has the ongoing thing with the dog in it, right? If that's the case, I love that movie. I saw it years ago, and remember being very entertained. :)

Dalton said:
Right, but Mo can't have much more in the tank either.

That's a good question. I watch a lot of their games, obviously, and I can honestly tell you that aside from starting off a little more slowly than normal, he was just as good as ever. His stats, command, velocity, etc, show no sign of demise (Though his era was 3.15 which for him is very high)....he's in amazing shape, starting pitching in his early 20's and his delivery is smooth as silk......so, he can't go too much longer, but, he's not done yet....plus, he just signed a 3-year extension.

I see both arguments, I think Joba's a potent weapon either way. Lord knows that when Rivera was setting Wetteland up in 1996, if the Yanks had a lead after 6 innings the game was over, so replicating that would be cool.

No spoken words said:

That's a good question. I watch a lot of their games, obviously, and I can honestly tell you that aside from starting off a little more slowly than normal, he was just as good as ever. His stats, command, velocity, etc, show no sign of demise (Though his era was 3.15 which for him is very high)....he's in amazing shape, starting pitching in his early 20's and his delivery is smooth as silk......so, he can't go too much longer, but, he's not done yet....plus, he just signed a 3-year extension.

I see both arguments, I think Joba's a potent weapon either way. Lord knows that when Rivera was setting Wetteland up in 1996, if the Yanks had a lead after 6 innings the game was over, so replicating that would be cool.

That'd be cool so long as the Tigers always have the lead after 6.

Mo is the one yankee that I have always liked.

Back
Top Bottom