The Temple Bar - Plagiate THIS! - UYMFA!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Sup bar. :wave:

April, is this philosophy something that you acquired after the Lions started 6-2 last year? :wink:

*ducks and runs* :uhoh:

:lol:

No, it's been my philosophy ever since I got big into the Wings, back in the 92-93 season, lol. I remember when Mr. Two Shutouts in a Row Osgood let that soft goal in against San Jose in the first round that year and now take every win one win at a time.

PS - The Lions are dead to me. :hi5:

:lol:
PS - The Lions are dead to me. :hi5:

As a diehard 49ers fan, I've had to endure my share of disappointments in recent years. But I have to say that this is the allure of sports: Victory tastes so much sweeter after having stuck with your team through thick and thin. No matter how bad things get, no matter how hopeless the situation appears, the cyclical nature of sports suggest that one day it will be your team's time to win. And I think you realize this, after having gone through the 'Dead Things' phase in the 80s.
[/preaching]

As a diehard 49ers fan, I've had to endure my share of disappointments in recent years. But I have to say that this is the allure of sports: Victory tastes so much sweeter after having stuck with your team through thick and thin. No matter how bad things get, no matter how hopeless the situation appears, the cyclical nature of sports suggest that one day it will be your team's time to win. And I think you realize this, after having gone through the 'Dead Things' phase in the 80s.
[/preaching]

Oh, I completely agree, especially having gone through the Wings dead periods and all. But when you see a tradition such as the Lions, where nothing ever seems to get done to improve things, you kind of chalk it up as a lost cause. I recall having a long discussion about this in the Super Bowl thread after the Giants won. And I was exonerated after much debate. :hi5:

Oh, I completely agree, especially having gone through the Wings dead periods and all. But when you see a tradition such as the Lions, where nothing ever seems to get done to improve things, you kind of chalk it up as a lost cause. I recall having a long discussion about this in the Super Bowl thread after the Giants won. And I was exonerated after much debate. :hi5:

I remember. But there's been examples of lost causes suddenly coming to life. Look at the current incarnation of the Tampa Bay Rays.

Anyway, no biggie....:deadhorse:

There IS a :beating a dead horse: smiley! Ask Lila.

Btw, I want to start a thread in the new album forum asking if the whole forum can be locked until the day the album is released.

There IS a :beating a dead horse: smiley! Ask Lila.

Btw, I want to start a thread in the new album forum asking if the whole forum can be locked until the day the album is released.

that's playing with fire dude... can you imagine what these people would do if they couldn't over analyze every new album detail and random Lanois/Eno quote?

that's playing with fire dude... can you imagine what these people would do if they couldn't over analyze every new album detail and random Lanois/Eno quote?

They should get a fucking life! Geez... have you seen all those recent posts and grumpy waiting smileys? :crazy: I want to go in and say "shit forum lock and ban!"

deadhorse.gif

[/preaching]

yes, well... 49er fans who complain about the recent bad period get about as much symapthy as "long suffering celtic fans." :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom