The Temple Bar - Pina Coladas and Pipettes...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I worked in a deli and had to clean up some of the most unusual, foul smelling shit known to man. I'd come home smelling like a dead chicken that had been lying in grease in 90 degree heat near the Equator nightly. fun times. I was 14, working off the books.

No spoken words said:
I cannot listen to "Who Wants to Live Forever" without thinking to myself "There can be only one". I love that movie, and despise the sequels.

There should have been only one :yes:

I can never remember the title, but the song that's playing on Kurgan's car stereo when we first see him in 'modern' times is good too :D I am the one, the only one, I am the God of kingdom come... Give me the prize, just give me the prize...

That sucks Tre (welcome to management - and I'm not trying to be mean...you often get stuck with those responsibilities)

Yes Kat - I'm very excited...they're only here for 6 days though...and have a tonne of plans so I'm not sure how much I will see them :(

Drea said:

There should have been only one :yes:

I can never remember the title, but the song that's playing on Kurgan's car stereo when we first see him in 'modern' times is good too :D I am the one, the only one, I am the God of kingdom come... Give me the prize, just give me the prize...

Drea, how awesome are you for knowing that his name is Kurgan????

UberBeaver said:

Did I mention WEED helps thin the grease out? It also helps other things.

Do tell.

I was a mcpiglet for my first job and burned all the skin off half my hand in the nugget vat one night...good times :happy:

Glad I didn't have to clean up that grease :vomit:

Last edited:
snow, i made 2 other people stay and help clean it up, plus i had to call the owner in and he was fucking pissed at it.

UberBeaver said:

Tre- I used to work with food. I hated cleaning those fucking grease traps. Soda water, seltzer, cat litter - all those things help soak it up. And weed. It helps to smoke some of that and then slide on the grease for a bit. It thins it out, makes it easier to clean. I do not advocate weed, though, cause I am not a freedom hating terrorist.

maybe i should try some weed :hmm:

You have a scar?

I meant it helps mellow you out. You'd never see a stoner type "this is not funny dammit, my life suck". They'd type, "Dude, this is funny, but it really sucked, lol. Fucking, like, grease dude. I had to clean that shit up. Fucker. lols." I spoke like that for about 4 years. I miss it. :(

Never worked in the food industry :whew:
Worked in a record store. Oh the fun we had. When it would get really crowded/busy on Saturdays, we'd throw on the Arnold Schwarzenegger workout LP and get the strangest looks :happy:
lp.jpg

Who's on new thread duty? (not me :no: )

I worked as a barista once, that was about as close as I ever got to food, thankfully. I did burn myself pretty badly on one of the espresso machines, though. I still have the scar. :yikes:

UberBeaver said:

I meant it helps mellow you out. You'd never see a stoner type "this is not funny dammit, my life suck". They'd type, "Dude, this is funny, but it really sucked, lol. Fucking, like, grease dude. I had to clean that shit up. Fucker. lols." I spoke like that for about 4 years. I miss it. :(

:lol: that sounds so familiar. I think most of the people that worked there with me were high part of the time.

6 days is too short. Sorry you got mcfried :(

UberBeaver said:
You have a scar?

Come on over and help us paint and stuff. It'll suck dude lol.
bongsmi.gif
And besides snow is already whining :sigh: :wink:

You learn fast - delegation is a key factor in being a good manager - you just have to position everything as an "opportunity"

no scar...luckily I'm not someone who scars very much if at all...I'd be mess :yikes:

the rockin edge said:
where can i get weed beav?

Um...everywhere?

Opportunity is a way of saying, "Do this...but I'll let you save face and make it look like you're not a stooge."

The Pixies. :drool:

Kat - I had this image of California growing up that everyone was like Spicoli. It was like Awesomeland.

Lila64 said:

Come on over and help us paint and stuff. It'll suck dude lol.
bongsmi.gif
And besides snow is already whining :sigh: :wink:

Do I get aforementioned couch?

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 45 seconds. <--- I will desecrate your first born child and feed his remains to the rabid wolves! :mad: :mad: :mad: I FUCKING HATE THAT THING!

Back
Top Bottom