The Temple Bar - Pina Coladas and Pipettes...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
Vertigo is the bastard son of NS. NS came first, and was nixed because the lyrical content was too much of a downer. Steve Lillywhite wanted something more upbeat, so Bono went back and re-did the lyrics. Again, I like both versions, just prefer Native Son.

Ah, you're right...and I agree with Larry...the lyrics are a downer, and they just don't every mesh with the music for me. I can't explain it...

As for a possible reason you like NS better, now, it's not or ever has been played ad naseum like Vertigo. Even I had to take a break from that song for about 6 months or so.

As far as the outakes are concerned (Xanax and Wine/Native Son/All Because of You) I agree with Lillywhite, they all are lacking something...especially the first version of ABOY...they all sound like B-sides to me.

NSW...I will never tell you what to like or not...I just get passionate about things sometimes...heterosexualman:hug:

No spoken words said:

From out of nowhere, Philbert does the job.

Well done Phil!!!!

2.gif

word up

Oh, I would be upset if this exchange were devoid of passion....and not for one second did I think you were telling me what to like. I agree with the other outtakes not being done.

I have this song stuck in my head, and I don't know the title or who it's by. :grumpy: It's an upbeat/dance song (probably more recent, being the last few years), and part of the lyrics are "don't matter" (I think). It's not Akon. Anyone place it? Thanks!

And congrats to mini fah, fah :applaud:
We have to attend Maddy's school tonite for some sort of awards thing. She said a lot of kids are getting them. Could they all be that smart? She doesn't have perfect attendance (one of the awards categories I think), but she does have all "A"'s. Another proud mom moment, brought to you by the blue crack :wink: :hi5:

Lila64 said:
And congrats to mini fah, fah :applaud:
We have to attend Maddy's school tonite for some sort of awards thing. She said a lot of kids are getting them. Could they all be that smart? She doesn't have perfect attendance (one of the awards categories I think), but she does have all "A"'s. Another proud mom moment, brought to you by the blue crack :wink: :hi5:

And yes, she could be that smart ~ just like her Mom :yes:

Blue Crack Moms :heart:

Congrats proud moms and their winning offspring :applaud:

Reg wtf? why would NSW want to kick my ass :sad:

New Beasties coming soon :love:

I think we've more than enough U2 talk in here for today - are you guys trying to drive Beav out altogether?

I'm going to kick one of my guy's asses....I really am :mad:

it's not Akon! And not the Donavon Frankenreiter either! It's an upbeat song, and 'don't matter' is just part of the lyrics. No idea what the song is called. It's more in a DANCE vain, like Outkast or something. :help:

and Phil, my original post said 'it's not Akon' :angry:

congrats bono_212 :hi5:

Ok, the hipster police will be after my hide, but my friend brought me her Carrie Underwood cd today and told me to take it home.

I like (most) of it. Except the syrupy love songs :happy: it's not bad.

Today's been rough. I deserve to enjoy some harmless pop music. M I RITE???? :angry:

I'm eating mac and cheese now since it's soft and my throat is still killing me. :(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm eating mac and cheese now since it's soft and my throat is still killing me. :(

I'm all about soft food these days.

Mac and Cheese :drool:

What the hell is Akon? Never heard of them. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom