The Temple Bar: PF2 to the Mother Flippin' 6 Starts His First TB Thread UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nikki Sixx = Legend. Funny thing about him, he's actually ridiculously intelligent. He's one of those guys that could have been anything, but went his own road, probably out of boredom and spite. That he's alive is amazing.

Another great quote from the Crue Behind the Music:

"It got so bad that we were mainlining Jack Daniels right into our veins, and I was like 'why don't we just drink it"?

phillyfan26 said:
Isn't that sort of like John Frusciante in the mid-90s?

Frusciante, wow. His story is remarkable...that Swedish or whatever it is documentary that he pops up in shows a man on the brink of death.....then, wow, the guy cleans up and just lives this amazing life now. I like stories like that.

Yeah.

They have video on YouTube of him during his heroin stage playing. It's fuckin' scary.

Frisciante is a once in a generation type of guy, which is ironic cause he's in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who, while good, kinda suck. He's the closest thing to Hendrix that rock has ever seen, and I think, maybe, better. He's an artist in every sense. But he also just likes to lay back and gi wth it. he's the kind of guy I just want to hang out with on a Wednesday night. He seems like a nice guy too. Totally unimpressed with himself. If I could play guitar like that, I'd be the biggest fuckgin egomaniac in the world. You'd see me on C-Span trying to ban the sale of guitars to people that sucked - ie, everyone that is NOT me.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah.

They have video on YouTube of him during his heroin stage playing. It's fuckin' scary.

Find him playing Maybe by the Chantels. The first time I saw it I thought it was awful, but after a few times watching it (it's like 1:30 long) I damn near wan to cry.

Yeah, he goes really underappreciated because of those two things: his band and his lack of ego.

No spoken words said:

Oh, well fucking said, that nails it.

Yeah, Frusciante could explain why life needs to travel off earth in order to find a hospitable region in which to flourish, albeit human or otherwise. Perhaps we can load organic materials onto robotic ships and send them looking for such places within the universe. Nikki Sixx would show up with a flux capacitor and say, "I made this. It goes fast." That's how life will continue. I will watch.

UberBeaver said:

Find him playing Maybe by the Chantels. The first time I saw it I thought it was awful, but after a few times watching it (it's like 1:30 long) I damn near wan to cry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nfH5lxp6Y7Q

If he wasn't in RHCP he'd be giving guitar lessons for $20 an hour. I have a man-crush on him. Same with Ronaldinho. They seem like pure souls.

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, Frusciante could explain why life needs to travel off earth in order to find a hospitable region in which to flourish, albeit human or otherwise. Perhaps we can load organic materials onto robotic ships and send them looking for such places within the universe. Nikki Sixx would show up with a flux capacitor and say, "I made this. It goes fast." That's how life will continue. I will watch.

And then humankind would arrive on another planet, and Unicron would promptly eat it.

Humankind.

Pwned.

UberBeaver said:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nfH5lxp6Y7Q

If he wasn't in RHCP he'd be giving guitar lessons for $20 an hour. I have a man-crush on him. Same with Ronaldinho. They seem like pure souls.

Ronaldihino is hard not to like. He plays with such passion, and is so fucking creative.

I am sad that Zidane's career ended like it did....he was a joy to watch, too, but in a different way.

No spoken words said:
I just listened to his cover of "How Deep is Your Love", which I never am afraid to admit is a song that I love.....very nice rendition.

Yeah, that was awesome. I just watched it. He's the kind of guy that would never understand why something is "not cool" just because people say it is. :(

I liked Zidane, but I wasn't too surprised. He played like a tank. He had an attitude. Sucks to go out like that, but cest la vie. He should have known better.

Ronaldinho just loves the game. He loves the ball. I don't know anyone in the soccer that shows that same joy when he plays. I was going to say Bartez, but he's just a little work horse. He's in love with proving himself. Ronaldinho doesn't care, he just plays.

When I saw Brazil/Mexico - the players all come out with these little kids. Ronaldhino's kid took off, just started running around, and Ronaldinho got this big smile and just started following him around, happy as shit. It was awesome. I think most of those guys, at that level, would have been annoyed.

I just liked Zidane's vision....it was preternatural....even if you knew nothing of futbol, you could watch him and see he saw the game differently than most people.....and, yeah, I like watching anyone, be it musician, athlete, etc, who do what they do with unbridled joy.

No spoken words said:
I just liked Zidane's vision....it was preternatural....even if you knew nothing of futbol, you could watch him and see he saw the game differently than most people.....and, yeah, I like watching anyone, be it musician, athlete, etc, who do what they do with unbridled joy.

That's a great point. He was like a general out there. Which is all the more reason that he should have seen he was being led into a place he didn't need to be. Though, in truth, that headbutt to the chest was pure pwnage.

phillyfan26 said:
Isn't Frusciante's "Maybe" the official song of CoNJ?

No, not really. Maybe is what I sing every night in the hope that the CT pulls back into the station. Shockingly, it hasn't worked. I don't know if CoNJ has a theme.

NSW - did I get your cover @ the saloon, cause I meant to. But I'm not sure if I did. If not, we'll tkae the train to the City, go to the saloon, I'll pay your cover, then we'll leave, but at least we'll be even and you can GFY.

You did not get my cover, no, but not for lack of trying. Thanks.

When I come home for Thanksgiving, let's try to go to an Islander game....you can buy me a hot dog and a Sprite (Snow, I'll know the Sprite is mine this time).

Not for lack of trying? What do you mean? You wouldn't take my money? WTF? Or I was just too drunk to say, "Two, please"? Cause int hose pictures, I look it.

If I were a billionaire I would buy a place for Frusciante to just live and create music. Like a philanthropist. :( That'd be awesome.

Oh, ok. GFY then. I don't owe you shit. Stop blackmailing me with those pictures of me and that....what is that thing, a pekingese or a maltese - I can never tell the difference. Whatever it is, enough, man. Seriously.

If Frusciante and Gilmour were to meet in a space--time continuum and I had to choose which path was better for the human race's future, life as we know it would cease to exist.

Actually, I'd probably choose Frusciante. But I'd weep. A lot.

Thought I think Jimmy Page is a better songwriter. Yeah, but Frusciante....he's just rules.

Back
Top Bottom