The Temple Bar...Over/Underthinking UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my digital camera does video and I know how to upload that...my asking for help is more on advice for the content of the video. I mean I could go on a laundry list of all the politicians I've met and mention that I anchored my elementary school's news program in 5th grade and was on my high school's newspaper senior year, but how should I go about that in a way that really grabs people and make them vote for me?

oh sorry, my bad :reject:

saw the word technical and thought that was part of what u meant..:nerd:

:lol: No, I figure all I can do is sit/stand in front of the camera and say something smart and witty and hope that I'm good enough on my own without flashy stuff to grab people's attention.

Is this the shirt?
image_1_15.jpg
:wink:

How'd you know? :wink:

April's been strangely missing today. :hmm:

She's resting up. I wore her out last night. :yes:

:lol: No, I figure all I can do is sit/stand in front of the camera and say something smart and witty and hope that I'm good enough on my own without flashy stuff to grab people's attention.

Well....I think I speak for all of us—especially Reg—when I say that boobies are great attention grabbers.

Just my .02 cents.

As you were. :)

:sad:

Unfortunately I read in the rules that the only music I can use has to be originally written.

I've got a tenative script...the first one I've written so I would imagine by the time this is done it'll be changed dramatically:

Hey y’all! My name is Laura Harrison, and this is my video.
First of all, I want to thank MSNBC and Myspace for giving folks like me a chance to not only witness history, but to be a part of history.
So, how would I get the scoop? Well, first of all, I love politicians. I love to grip and grin, I’m comfortable around them and they’re comfortable around me. I won’t bore you with the list of all the politicians I’ve met, but I will say it includes Barack Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Joe Biden…and that’s just scratching the surface. What does all this mean? I can cut through the robot that only speaks in talking points and get to the man or woman behind the title of their elected office. Despite the bad rap that politicians get, these folks sacrifice a great deal when they run for office. They can sense my respect as I speak with them, and someone like me could give MSNBC and Myspace unprecedented access to the human being behind the elected official.
Now you may be wondering how little ol’ me could stand out. I’ve got the Brian Williams glasses off thing down *takes off glasses and raises eyebrow*, the only problem is I can’t really see without them. *glasses back on* I love being in front of the camera and making people smile. I’ve got the passion and enthusiasm, and if you pick me, I’ll grant NBC exclusive access to the first interview when I run for office in 20 years. How can you resist that?

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch this video. It wasn’t flashy or gimmicky but it’s me, and I hope you can see that I’m willing and able to be a fantastic citizen journalist.

:sad:

Unfortunately I read in the rules that the only music I can use has to be originally written.

I've got a tenative script...the first one I've written so I would imagine by the time this is done it'll be changed dramatically:

Yeah, yeah...mine is a silent movie...damn...this sux!!! It was perfect...Oh well I'll edit out the music and re-upload...:sigh:

Last edited:
I love it! :applaud:

Here's a practice run I did. Should I tweak it some, or totally scrap it and come up with something new? Be honest.

YouTube - Practice run

:applaud: Bravo...

Not bad for a dry run...:up:

You have a cute voice....:sexywink:

OK, so my suggestions:

Instead of "Well, first of all, I love politicians." makes you sound like a groupie...try "Well, first of all, my passion is politics and discovering more about the people who hold elected or appointed positions"

Also instead of "I can cut through the robot that only speaks in talking points" try "My personable approach allows me to cut through the robot..."

Only suggestions, you can toss them out and stamp all over them if you want...I won't be hurt...:sad:

:applaud: Bravo...

Not bad for a dry run...:up:

You have a cute voice....:sexywink:

OK, so my suggestions:

Instead of "Well, first of all, I love politicians." makes you sound like a groupie...try "Well, first of all, my passion is politics and discovering more about the people who hold elected or appointed positions"

Also instead of "I can cut through the robot that only speaks in talking points" try "My personable approach allows me to cut through the robot..."

Only suggestions, you can toss them out and stamp all over them if you want...I won't be hurt...:sad:

Those were two parts I was really struggling with and those are great suggestions, thanks! :D

:lmao: Nice!

I love it! :applaud:

Here's a practice run I did. Should I tweak it some, or totally scrap it and come up with something new? Be honest.

YouTube - Practice run

Great job! I love your accent! :cute: I like what Reg suggested. I would add that I think practicing what you'll say a few more times will help make it look and sound a little more natural. I know it's a dry run, but it's looking great so far. :)

Thanks Carlos :D

I need to make the video memorable. I may be passionate and have connections, but where does that get me in a contest like this?

The script/video I have now is good, but I don't think it's great or memorable :hmm:

Yeah I definitely want to keep that...and maybe the part about granting NBC an exclusive interview...but the rest is ultimately forgettable, IMO. Or maybe I'm way overestimating the competition :shrug:

:hmm:

How about a camera shot that follows you around while you talk? Instead of just sitting down?.....I'm just brain storming....:hmm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom