The Temple Bar...Over/Underthinking UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Panic in Detroit::HMTMKMKM

WTF?

I'm not going a lie, I started a thread in EYKIW asking that question a while ago. They sounded similar to me at the time, but listening to them again tonight after Screw's assertion, I've seen the light.

Lemon - interesting sig... Rear Window?

Yep, and the dream sequence from Vertigo for my av. Found them on my computer and just had to put them in there.

Of the Hitchcock flicks I've seen:

Vertigo *****
Rear Window *****
North by Northwest ****1/2
Psycho ****1/2
The Birds ***
Marnie **1/2

Haven't seen either movie, but having seen a few stills from the movie and the pic you have there... that's the first movie that came to mind :wink:

Earlier in the day you guys mentioned Coldplay in here. So I tried to go over and see what you were talking about, starting at about page 10. Got as far as 16, and had to leave. I come home and it's almost on page 30. I gave up. I just don't care for the band, and never really listened to anything by them, except for a couple of songs that pop up now & then on the radio. Watched them on The Daily Show last night. Didn't care for the first song, but the second was slightly better (Lost?). I don't get the mass appeal, but that's just me. I basically don't ever read any of the threads involving Coldplay, or Radiohead for that matter, but that's just me :shrug:

On another topic... went to Maddy's summer basketball league game tonight. Each parent has to pay a certain amount (I think it's $80-$90) to play. Anyways, we get there, and on top of that, they want to charge each person $5.00 to get in. WTF? She has 3-4 a week, and most involve little to some travel. Why the f**k do I have to pay to watch her game? I already pay for her to be on the team. :angry:
I told hubby there was a side door open, so he came near the end of the game and walked in for free :up:

Last edited:
On another topic... went to Maddy's summer basketball league game tonight. Each parent has to pay a certain amount (I think it's $80-$90) to play. Anyways, we get there, and on top of that, they want to charge each person $5.00 to get in. WTF? She has 3-4 a week, and most involve little to some travel. Why the f**k do I have to pay to watch her game? I already pay for her to be on the team. :angry:
I told hubby there was a side door open, so he came near the end of the game and walked in for free :up:

That's insane. Why don't they just add that into the annual fees if they need to make more money? :huh:

Our only experience with a higher level of sport was when Sarah was on the precision figure skating team (sorta like synchronized swimming on ice, for those of you not familiar with it) for her figure skating club, and they were crazy with the fees. Several hundred to be on the team for a season, plus costumes for each competition, plus a fee for their off-ice workouts, plus their individual coaching fees. On top of that, each family had to raise a certain amount via fundraising each season, and if you didn't meet your goal, you had to pay more fees. And that doesn't even take into account the travel costs for away competitions (which was every one that season but one) - motels, food, etc. That was a *really* expensive year. Fortunately, she didn't like it that much, and after that one season, went back to only individual skating (the year she was on the team she did both the team and individual - you have to do it that way, you can't just be on the team). Every time you turned around, those fuckers were asking for money. :|

I know - the "money" part of it is insane. In her middle school league, there would always be raffle tickets, and either you sold them or you bought them. I don't know if we wrangled out of it last year. On top of that, I never saw them offer the grand prize to anyone at the end of the season, motherf**kers. Who the hell is taking, I mean getting my money :angry:

What kind of mom am I? Tonight HBO, in tribute, was airing several George Carlin specials back to back to back that he'd done over the past (there's 14 in all I believe). We were watching for 2-3 hours. I let Maddy stay in the room and watch, adult language and all. I'm really saddened by his death :sad He was, as others had said, the Mt. Rushmore of comedians. I couldn't not let her see who he was and what he was about. Here's a clip from one the specials we watched. :lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_UFZ5NQX88 ← enjoy! (If you don't have time for the whole thing, go to 9:15 of the clip)

It continues at the beginning of this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy5EnOFknkk&feature=related

(Why did they split it where they did? :scratch: )

What's so special about Keane, he asks!.... :angry:

:wink:

btw.. I meant to tell after reading the insanity in the Coldplay thread that I :heart: Keane!!
Did u see them last year (may 07) at the 930 Club in DC? I did...:D had front row dead center. It was a INCREDIBLE SHOW...SO MUCH ENERGY! Met all three of them after the show too..:love:

btw.. I meant to tell after reading the insanity in the Coldplay thread that I :heart: Keane!!
Did u see them last year (may 07) at the 930 Club in DC? I did...:D had front row dead center. It was a INCREDIBLE SHOW...SO MUCH ENERGY! Met all three of them after the show too..:love:

Wow you met them too? :lol: How do you get the time and money to go to so many concerts? :crack: lol.

I want to see them live but it's still early days yet. Release the 3rd album already, guys! :waiting:

Back
Top Bottom