The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

Natalie Merchant?

YES! :heart:

I cant keep up. I've broken down boxes (cutting my hands all up) :mad: put together the vacuum and picked up a gazillion boxes of girl scout cookies that I have no place to store.

redkat said:

YES! :heart:

I cant keep up. I've broken down boxes (cutting my hands all up) :mad: put together the vacuum and picked up a gazillion boxes of girl scout cookies that I have no place to store.

You can store those somoas in your bag and then leave them for me in NYC. I'll trade you fresh bagels which I'll bring from Long Island. :D

UberBeaver said:

You can store those somoas in your bag and then leave them for me in NYC. I'll trade you fresh bagels which I'll bring from Long Island. :D

I might have to find a Nova Scotia delicacy to trade for some of those bagels. :hmm:

UberBeaver said:

Beav is suckering you, Kat. No need to trade for bagels, you'll be in Manhattan, you don't need bagels from The Island. Hold out for a better deal.

Actually, I can't be eating those things anymore. I got to lose all this baby weight. My wife needs to lose 13 pounds, I got like 20+ to go. WTF?

I'll still bring bagels though. Who wants what? I like Onion or Garlic or everything. :drool:

Are all you guys staying in the same hotel? Is it in mid-town near Times Square?

No spoken words said:

Beav is suckering you, Kat. No need to trade for bagels, you'll be in Manhattan, you don't need bagels from The Island. Hold out for a better deal.

DUUUUUUDE! Hold the fuck up. You KNOW Long Island bagels are the pinnacle of Bageldom. I think most Manhattan places import their shit from the Strong Isle. It's all about the water, man. City water is better for drinking and pizza, but LI water is better for bagels. FACT.

:lol:

I normally go to an oscar party in fact I'm owed money in the death or divorce pool. I can't make it this year though :angry:

Not as much fun to watch without a group.

I like plain bagels :drool:

UberBeaver said:

Nova Scotia Lox. DO IT!

Surprisingly enough, you can't get it here unless you get it from a specialty store. There's only one place I've seen it sold by a fisherman, in a shack on the Eastern Shore.

UberBeaver said:

DUUUUUUDE! Hold the fuck up. You KNOW Long Island bagels are the pinnacle of Bageldom. I think most Manhattan places import their shit from the Strong Isle. It's all about the water, man. City water is better for drinking and pizza, but LI water is better for bagels. FACT.

I've lived on the Island and found many great bagel places, but, no, most good Manhattan bagel places make their own. Maybe they simply ship the LI water to their shops to make their bagels. Either way, you can't go wrong, the bagels in the NY area are great.

Last edited:
DaveC said:

Surprisingly enough, you can't get it here unless you get it from a specialty store. There's only one place I've seen it sold by a fisherman, in a shack on the Eastern Shore.

Then you must trek to the Eastern Shore, to see the shaman that lives in this shack, to barter with him and leave with a package....a package filled with Novia Scotia Lox. This is your mission....your quest....your mission quest.

Back
Top Bottom