The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ThoraSEB said:
This NYC gathering sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to visit the city some time.

I think I finally figured out how to set up last.fm. :lol: [/random]

NYC is a very cool place. You should totally check it out.

Snow - there's a bunch of real cool Irish bars up in the 80s over on 2nd and/or 3rd. We used to go there for St. Patty's day. Always a good time.

UberBeaver said:

Snow - there's a bunch of real cool Irish bars up in the 80s over on 2nd and/or 3rd. We used to go there for St. Patty's day. Always a good time.

I'm making some maps right now, and I'm working up to the 80's. I'll get some names and put them on. I'm all about real cool Irish bars :drool:

LMPA - I think hitting Sephora real quick on the Friday evening would be good - too messy on the day and no time on Sunday. I'm running low on Benetint (sp) and need to make it last

20 days

snowbunny00774 said:

I'm making some maps right now, and I'm working up to the 80's. I'll get some names and put them on. I'm all about real cool Irish bars :drool:

LMPA - I think hitting Sephora real quick on the Friday evening would be good - too messy on the day and no time on Sunday. I'm running low on Benetint (sp) and need to make it last

20 days

Quickie Sephora trip Friday, then. :love:

I need to buy that Sugar fresh lipgloss. :drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Quickie Sephora trip Friday, then. :love:

I need to buy that Sugar fresh lipgloss. :drool:

I haven't tried that yet :hmm:

The Sephora is fairly near my hotel :up:

I wonder if you can buy actual Shamrock in NYC on the day?

When we lived in Ireland the routine was - up, dress, shower, pin shamrock and our large badge on, mass, parade, bar with dad, annoy dad, get dropped off at nana's, get picked up by drunk dad, home, eat curly kale, find money wrapped in foil in dinner, mom and dad leave for pub, manipulate babysitter and then bed. Good Times.

snowbunny00774 said:

When we lived in Ireland the routine was - up, dress, shower, pin shamrock and our large badge on, mass, parade, bar with dad, annoy dad, get dropped off at nana's, get picked up by drunk dad, home, eat curly kale, find money wrapped in foil in dinner, mom and dad leave for pub, manipulate babysitter and then bed. Good Times.

Replace kale with lasange and you have my perfect day. :drool:

What is Shamrock? Like a clover?

snowbunny00774 said:

I haven't tried that yet :hmm:

The Sephora is fairly near my hotel :up:

Sounds like an awesome day. :love:

It's super sexy and tastes yummy. I LOVE it. :drool:

I've never seen the whole movie. My house is freezing and I'm in one of those lazy moods where I'm too lazy to go down and turn the heat up (although it is already high).

snowbunny00774 said:

Should I concentrate on this list rather than the more randomness of the other? Are these one's more in the area we want?

Well, that depends on where you guys want to be. If you want to stay close to BB Kings (which is in Times Square and will probably be insanely crowded) use the 14th to 59th section of the list.

If it were up to me I'd want to hang out on the upper east side. The bars are nice little Irish joints, and they are less touristy, though still packed. It's a hike from Times Square, but if you take it one bar at a time, it's a nice walk. :happy:

snowbunny00774 said:
I've never seen the whole movie. My house is freezing and I'm in one of those lazy moods where I'm too lazy to go down and turn the heat up (although it is already high).

Same here. I'm cold, but it's not gotten to the point where I'm desperate to turn the fireplace up yet.

Lazy days :drool:

UberBeaver said:

If it were up to me I'd want to hang out on the upper east side. The bars are nice little Irish joints, and they are less touristy, though still packed. It's a hike from Times Square, but if you take it one bar at a time, it's a nice walk. :happy:

We'll probably be in the area around Times Square on the Friday and then again on the Sat night, so a hike during the day is fine with me to check out some other places. I might have to buy another flask to cover the distance between bars :wink: The parlour that Ewen mentioned in on the second list. The parade goes down that far anyway so that's cool.

snowbunny00774 said:

I've seen it a million times. I usually watch it all the way through at least once a year, but really haven't the past couple. Just haven't made the time. I saw it in the theatre when it had its 60th anniversary.

I don't eat shamrock but I just found this

http://www.avocado.org/recipes/view.php/Beer-Battered/Fried/Avocado/Wedges?recipe_id=1005 and I want to try it.

snowbunny00774 said:

We'll probably be in the area around Times Square on the Friday and then again on the Sat night, so a hike during the day is fine with me to check out some other places. I might have to buy another flask to cover the distance between bars :wink: The parlour that Ewen mentioned in on the second list. The parade goes down that far anyway so that's cool.

All of a sudden I feel quite underprepared. :lol:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

All of a sudden I feel quite underprepared. :lol:

LOL - no worries...I have everything under control!!

Another good spot to watch the parade is supposed to be the upper steps at the Metropolitan Museum of Art , which is up at 80th, so this is all shaping up quite nicely :rubshandstogether:

The Upper East side is a little generic, but, there are a decent amount of bars up there. Bit of a hike from Times Square area, though.

Oh, and, hello.

snowbunny00774 said:

LOL - no worries...I have everything under control!!

Another good spot to watch the parade is supposed to be the upper stpes at the Metropolitan Museum of Art , which is up at 80th, so this is all shaping up quite nicely :rubshandstogether:

That's a good spot in general. The Museum is amazing, and it's right on Central Park. But, you have to understand that the parade gets crowded so if you want to watch from those steps, you need to get there early or be prepared to throw elbows and such to clear some space out.

Hey NSW

Are avocados good or bad carbs? I never remember that stuff.

flasks > the mini bottles

I usually pack both though on outings like this.

Back
Top Bottom