The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

I don't think I even know that name. There's whole sections of this place I don't know about. It's like the ocean, every once in a while a new species of fish shows up, you know? That's how I see this place. The whole Blue Room and Pleba, it's a foreign land for me.

Me too!! Some of it frightens me...

UberBeaver said:

I don't think I even know that name. There's whole sections of this place I don't know about. It's like the ocean, every once in a while a new species of fish shows up, you know? That's how I see this place. The whole Blue Room and Pleba, it's a foreign land for me.

Night April :wave:

I avoid the U2 discussion forums entirely now, I don't think I've posted in one in months. Maybe a year or more. They make my head hurt. I only come to Lemonade Stand, FYM to read (and rarely post), and the NYC thread in the Gatherings forum.

If I'm really bored, I'll check out the Banned Members thread in Inside Broadcast, to see who's been banned lately.

DaveC said:

He is half of what I believe is the only Interference marriage. Him and Tara met in the Octagon Bar threads, I think.

Is that the really good looking girl with short hair?

I'm trying but I really don't know much about more than
a small % of this place.

snowbunny00774 said:

Well congrats on it...that is great.

Tell them you want to be moved away from that woman as a reward.

No way. She's a good part of my entertainment. She has not said anything about the baby yet. People keep stopping by like, "Hey, Mike, congrats." and they bring little gifts and shit. Her, nothing. I love it. And I still say Good Morning every day. Bitch ain't bringing me down.

redkat said:
you should give us your speech and post each word in a separate post :wink:

OK, I'll work on it for you.

snowbunny00774 said:

Is that the really good looking girl with short hair?

I'm trying but I really don't know much about more than
a small % of this place.

Tara's a cutie, and had short hair the last time I saw her (outside the back of the Wachovia Center in Philly, actually), she had short hair. We're probably thinking of the same person.

Last I heard, they were moving in together in Virginia. Or maybe Oregon...? :shrug:

UberBeaver said:

No way. She's a good part of my entertainment. She has not said anything about the baby yet. People keep stopping by like, "Hey, Mike, congrats." and they bring little gifts and shit. Her, nothing. I love it. And I still say Good Morning every day. Bitch ain't bringing me down.

This reminds me of Drew Carey vs. Mimi. :hmm:

UberBeaver said:
Who's Tara?

I pretty much just stay in here now. I'll venture to IO and the music/movie threads. But mostly here.

Tara's old username was u2bonogirl (I think). She was one of the first regulars of the Octagon Bar, and that's how her and Tim met. By the time Philly came around, they were engaged, and got married that summer.

redkat said:

There are other interference marriages. At least one for sure

wow, really?

Kind of cool.

Start bringing her coffee Beav. I love fucking with people like that. Except my actual friend coworkers get pissed I'm not as nice to them!!

Mimi acknowledge Drew Carey's existence. This woman is a universe in and of herself.

There's a thread in IO called ashley is a 7 or something like that. I believe I've collected some of her quotes in there. I should add more. i like remembering them.

snowbunny00774 said:

wow, really?

Kind of cool.

Start bringing her coffee Beav. I love fucking with people like that. Except my actual friend coworkers get pissed I'm not as nice to them!!

Yeah, she sits right next to my friend, and one day I was running to get lunch and I offered to get her something, and she was absolutely shocked. I loved it. Cause she knows I abhor her, but I'm above that. I'm all New Testament with this whore.

redkat said:
that's what that thread is about :lol:

is her name ashley?

lol, no. Ashley is the kid of some woman that works around the corner from my desk. HAHA. She stood outside my desk and had this loud conversation (she talks like Rosie Perez) with someone else and she said "Ashely is a 7" about 15 times in 45 seconds. Like she wasn't heard the first 14 times. It just rang in my head so I wrote it down in IO. Let them feast on my brains with sporks or whatever they do in there.

WE DID IT!

snowbunny00774 said:

Can I borrow that? It's so applicable to most of my upcoming week.

Sure. I just made that up, but I really liked it. I wanted to say "I'm all Christ like" and even though I haven't been to a mass in .... 14 years, I still have the Catholic paranoia, like why risk damnation on silly blasphemy? You know? So I altered it to New Testament, and dammit, i like it.

UberBeaver said:
WE DID IT!

Sure. I just made that up, but I really liked it. I wanted to say "I'm all Christ like" and even though I haven't been to a mass in .... 14 years, I still have the Catholic paranoia, like why risk damnation on silly blasphemy? You know? So I altered it to New Testament, and dammit, i like it.

Me too - so much more original.

We did do it - you sneaked in under the wire at 1.08 with 500 :applaud:

Great teamwork everyone :hug:

and with that I'm out.

Goodnight all :wave: I'll try to pop back this week :drool:

1st post: U2Girl1978

View Journal
New Post 02-25-2007 01:09 PM - The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

500th post:
UberBeaver

New Post 02-26-2007 01:08 AM

PHOTO FINISH!!!

And I'm off to bed. Sleep well, people. Good work. Someone slap my butt!

Back
Top Bottom