The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
I got a random raise on Tuesday though so that's always good :up:

Awesome, congrats.

I just found out I won an award at work. That made me lolz a lot, cause at work, I'm sort of like I am here, which is to say an idiot, yet I won this award which includes a "gala" event presentation @ the Waldorf Astoria. I'm embarrassed that when people I work with find out they're gonna be like, "Are you fucking kidding me? He flings rubber bands at people! He comes in late and leaves early everyday. He disappears for an hour every day (I walk to the malls)! His standard answer is 'Uuuuh, I dunno, I'll find out', and of course he never follows through. And you're giving him an award?" And I really couldn't disagree with them, cause it's all true.

UberBeaver said:

Awesome, congrats.

I just found out I won an award at work. That made me lolz a lot, cause at work, I'm sort of like I am here, which is to say an idiot, yet I won this award which includes a "gala" event presentation @ the Waldorf Astoria. I'm embarrassed that when people I work with find out they're gonna be like, "Are you fucking kidding me? He flings rubber bands at people! He comes in late and leaves early everyday. He disappears for an hour every day (I walk to the malls)! His standard answer is 'Uuuuh, I dunno, I'll find out', and of course he never follows through. And you're giving him an award?" And I really couldn't disagree with them, cause it's all true.

That's the spirit :up:

Congrats on the award.

UberBeaver said:

Awesome, congrats.

It's like The Office :love:

Congrats!

This week at work is gonna suck. LOTS of people retiring unwillingly, including a couple of good friends. Downside of living in Detroit, it's all auto related practically.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

It's like The Office :love:

Congrats!

This week at work is gonna suck. LOTS of people retiring unwillingly, including a couple of good friends. Downside of living in Detroit, it's all auto related practically.

I thought you left already... :hmm:

Not that I'm suggesting you should go anywhere...:sexywink:

This place is going right now like the old Octagon used to, right before Philly! :)

UberBeaver said:

Awesome, congrats.

Awesome Beav :applaud:

So you're saying it wasn't a coworker award? lol

DaveC said:

I thought you left already... :hmm:

Not that I'm suggesting you should go anywhere...:sexywink:

This place is going right now like the old Octagon used to, right before Philly! :)

I might not be able to hang to the end, though. I'm falling asleep here. :yawn:

Indeed, right before Philly. Then, after all of those people met, it kinda all fell apart.

But that won't happen to the Temple, oh no. We're stronger than that.

Besides, quite a few of us have already met, haven't we?

UberBeaver said:

What happened in Philly that killed the Octagon? And why are there two different bars? Is there a rivalry? The Octagon doesn't move too often.

Do tell - I had no idea of this stuff...I just stumbled in here one night and never left.

We are stronger :up:

I don't know. The Octagon was an idea of Tim's. Before Philly, it was moving along like this, but the summer afterwards a lot of people stopped posting regularly, or even entirely, for various reasons. I think the Temple Bar was started up around that time and those of us who were still posting regularly just decided to come over here. :shrug:

snowbunny00774 said:

Awesome Beav :applaud:

So you're saying it wasn't a coworker award? lol

HAHA, no. Definitely not. I think people like me well enough, but I'm not exactly Joe Company. And I'm not a source of knowledge either. I kind of stumbled into my current position, and I like it, so I stayed, but I never really learned what was going on around me.

The award is for an independent type project thing.

redkat said:
a lot of us have met :heart:

Congrats beav

will you give a speech? :hyper:

Oh, I so wish I was, but I don't think so. I was discussing my speech with my wife, and it would have been awesome, but I think there's a lot of people that win. I doubt they'll let us talk. But I'll have something prepared, just in case.

DaveC said:
starsforu2, the guy who started up the Octagon Bar threads.

I don't think I even know that name. There's whole sections of this place I don't know about. It's like the ocean, every once in a while a new species of fish shows up, you know? That's how I see this place. The whole Blue Room and Pleba, it's a foreign land for me.

Back
Top Bottom