The Temple Bar: Oh you mad 'cause I'm stylin' on ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
It just seemed to good to be true - really - a free fourth drink? I still don't understand why they would give you a free beer. Next time we're there, I guarantee I'll be all over that deal though :yes:

Cause they rip you off on the first three!

How was the drive home?

Long. :wrecked:

Actually not too bad though - 6 hrs to the border and then if we hadn't had to drop the rental off at the airport in TO we would have been 7 -7.5

I only got one speeding ticket :happy:

NY. I was 23 over the limit - how much is that? I have to plead guilty or some nonsense first before I get the fine.

We put 1600 ks on the rental - it looked destroyed when we gave it back :drool:

does this look familiar?

2.gif

geez snow that sucks. You had a rough trip.

< I think delta has one employee, flying answering phones.... when they're done unloading the luggage I bet they'll try to book me on the next available flight :happy: :mad: :|

Snow did you get a refund on your flight?

redkat said:

< I think delta has one employee, flying answering phones.... when they're done unloading the luggage I bet they'll try to book me on the next available flight :happy: :mad: :|

That would be Fred. When I used to work for delta there 2 of us. I quit, left poor Fred all alone. He was a douche though, I don't feel bad. I think I made my feelings on douche bags clear earlier.

UberBeaver said:

That would be Fred. When I used to work for delta there 2 of us. I quit, left poor Fred all alone. He was a douche though, I don't feel bad. I think I made my feelings on douche bags clear earlier.

If you hadn't quit I wouldn't have spent all these hours on hold :mad:

just wait till Fred answers :madwife:

redkat said:

If you hadn't quit I wouldn't have spent all these hours on hold :mad:

just wait till Fred answers :madwife:

Actually, I wasn't much use. I used to hang up callers so when they'd call back and be all, "You hung up on me!" I'd be like, "No, that was Fred, he's a douche bag." And then they'd write complaint letters about Fred. And oh how I'd laugh as I read them.

I can't believe it's taking you this long Kat, that sucks.

The limit was 65 at the time - hopefully it's not too much.

Yeah - full refund. It was rough that's for sure. Hour drive to the airport. 3 cancelled flights before we got the car, 4 hrs in a whiteout, lost in the middle of nowhere. Found a hotel, up the next day, get on the wrong highway (worked out better in the end) drive to PR. Dropped the car off in Pearl River, hour long bus to the city. I was absolutely destroyed and the alcohol hit me faster than it has in a long time when we finally started drinking.

We're pretty stubborn :D

Kat - I think you need to come to SF instead :drool:

It sucked because of work, mostly. I'm leaving shortly, though, and so the day will start to improve greatly. I keep reminding myself that I'm off to Florida in a few days, and even though it's business, I'll spend a day at Spring Training, which will be awesome.

My main thing is to visit our affiliate out in Orlando....then, on Saturday, a few of us are driving down to the Marlin's facility, they host a day every Spring Training for their media partners and guests, should be fun, we get to go out on the field before their game and fuck around.

ETA - Beav, I'm a Yankee fan so if I ever went as a fan, it'd be to Legends Field down in Tampa.

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:

I only got one speeding ticket :happy:

I got a ticket on the Triborough Bridge for trying to pay the toll with Canadian money! :laugh:

They actually want me to mail them a cheque for $4.50 now. :coocoo:

DaveC said:

I got a ticket on the Triborough Bridge for trying to pay the toll with Canadian money! :laugh:

They actually want me to mail them a cheque for $4.50 now. :coocoo:

lol - that sucks. How much driving did you end up doing?

I'm sure you've already mailed it to them right? :wink:

snowbunny00774 said:

lol - that sucks. How much driving did you end up doing?

I'm sure you've already mailed it to them right? :wink:

Of course, I'm a law-abiding citizen and I don't want them to extradite me to prosecute me for non-payment. Come to think of it, not paying might get me a free trip back to New York... :hmm:

I ended up driving from Boston to New York on Friday because they cancelled everything from Logan to LGA for the rest of the day at about 2:00 pm. What's supposedly normally a 4-5 hour drive took me 9 hours and included rear-ending someone (verrrrry lightly) in Providence and nearly spinning into the divider outside New Haven, thanks to having all-season tires in a snowstorm :yikes:

But I took the opportunity to spit on enemy territory when driving through Foxboro :wink:

Back
Top Bottom