The Temple Bar: Oh you mad 'cause I'm stylin' on ya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
April - when you were in the bars in NYC, did you notice now and then the bartenders wouldn't charge for some of the drinks - probably not in BB Kings, but in the regular bars.

I tried to explain this to snow and her friend, that in NY roughly every 4th beer is free - we call it a buyback. They didn't believe me. I think they thought I was being cheap. :(

unfortunatly unless you know the bartender buybacks are few and far between on st. patrick's day no matter where you go :sad:

some douchebag on the third floor of connolly's gave me a pint of guinness that was obviously from a shook keg... all white foam... and wouldn't take it back, giving me the "have ya ever been to new york on st. patty's day?" line like i'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he's gauging prices to take advantage of the day. i left it there, ate the money, went over to the temporary bar by the window, got a bud lite, gagged on it's disgustingness, went downstairs back to where the guinness was actually flowing.

i only had one non-guinness the entire day... was quite proud of myself. green beer's for pussies.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

unfortunatly unless you know the bartender buybacks are few and far between on st. patrick's day no matter where you go :sad:

some douchebag on the third floor of connolly's gave me a pint of guinness that was obviously from a shook keg... all white foam... and wouldn't take it back, giving me the "have ya ever been to new york on st. patty's day?" line like i'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he's gauging prices to take advantage of the day. i left it there, ate the money, went over to the temporary bar by the window, got a bud lite, gagged on it's disgustingness, went downstairs back to where the guinness was actually flowing.

i only had one non-guinness the entire day... was quite proud of myself. green beer's for pussies.

We got a buy back round, but they insisted on paying for it. I think they did anyway - I stopped arguing when I thought I looked like a cheap ass and sort of zoned out.

I was going for a 100% Guinness event, but the first bar I stopped in didn't have any. I had a McSorelys, which I discovered I really do not like - I don't think the place (a dive on 9th) has ever cleaned their taps.

UberBeaver said:

We got a buy back round, but they insisted on paying for it. I think they did anyway - I stopped arguing when I thought I looked like a cheap ass and sort of zoned out.

I was going for a 100% Guinness event, but the first bar I stopped in didn't have any. I had a McSorelys, which I discovered I really do not like - I don't think the place (a dive on 9th) has ever cleaned their taps.

a legendary dive at that... oldest bar in the city.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Drink buybacks...:drool:

Beav being cheap...:hi5:

:lol:

NOO! I wasn't being cheap! I was trying to be helpful. :(

Headache in a Suitcase said:

a legendary dive at that... oldest bar in the city.

Really? It's awful in there. The bar was patched with large peices of plywood. The bartender and some customer were getting all into dental talk. No me gusta the oldest bar in the Manhattan.

UberBeaver said:
Really? It's awful in there. The bar was patched with large peices of plywood. The bartender and some customer were getting all into dental talk. No me gusta the oldest bar in the Manhattan.

really really...

edited... feck it... just copy and paste 'cause interference won't friggin show the link as is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McSorley's_Old_Ale_House

Last edited:
:drool: I'm just glad that someone backed up the exiustance of buybacks.

Headache - that's not the place I was in. This was a bar with just some stools, real narrow, no room for tables. It was on 9th and 40th or so.

:sigh:

The full extent of how broke this trip made me is really hitting home today...I have exactly $5.73 left to my name, and I still owe someone $140. :huh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

There you go. :up:

Would you be willing to share any of the perks? :drunk:

I love nsw's first posts.

Nah, you don't want any Labatt's.

Keith's is where it's at :drool:

*is dreading having to finish his paper tonight*

What about dolts, Beav? I think they're sort of lovable. Fools, though, make me sort of sick.

Dave's obsession with alcohol is now carrying over into his professional life. I love it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I've never had a Keith's. :hmm:

I have to read whatever I didn't read of Catcher in the Rye on the train this week, which is, oh, about 200 pages. :p

Did you read it in High School, or is this your first time reading it?

Back
Top Bottom