The Temple Bar: Oh you mad 'cause I'm stylin' on ya - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #151
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses,USA
Posts: 17,056
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Ashley
*bites lip*
__________________

__________________
flybabe is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #152
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,456
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
April - when you were in the bars in NYC, did you notice now and then the bartenders wouldn't charge for some of the drinks - probably not in BB Kings, but in the regular bars.

I tried to explain this to snow and her friend, that in NY roughly every 4th beer is free - we call it a buyback. They didn't believe me. I think they thought I was being cheap.
unfortunatly unless you know the bartender buybacks are few and far between on st. patrick's day no matter where you go

some douchebag on the third floor of connolly's gave me a pint of guinness that was obviously from a shook keg... all white foam... and wouldn't take it back, giving me the "have ya ever been to new york on st. patty's day?" line like i'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he's gauging prices to take advantage of the day. i left it there, ate the money, went over to the temporary bar by the window, got a bud lite, gagged on it's disgustingness, went downstairs back to where the guinness was actually flowing.

i only had one non-guinness the entire day... was quite proud of myself. green beer's for pussies.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 03-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #153
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


unfortunatly unless you know the bartender buybacks are few and far between on st. patrick's day no matter where you go

some douchebag on the third floor of connolly's gave me a pint of guinness that was obviously from a shook keg... all white foam... and wouldn't take it back, giving me the "have ya ever been to new york on st. patty's day?" line like i'm supposed to feel sorry for him because he's gauging prices to take advantage of the day. i left it there, ate the money, went over to the temporary bar by the window, got a bud lite, gagged on it's disgustingness, went downstairs back to where the guinness was actually flowing.

i only had one non-guinness the entire day... was quite proud of myself. green beer's for pussies.
We got a buy back round, but they insisted on paying for it. I think they did anyway - I stopped arguing when I thought I looked like a cheap ass and sort of zoned out.

I was going for a 100% Guinness event, but the first bar I stopped in didn't have any. I had a McSorelys, which I discovered I really do not like - I don't think the place (a dive on 9th) has ever cleaned their taps.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Drink buybacks...

Beav being cheap...


__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,456
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver


We got a buy back round, but they insisted on paying for it. I think they did anyway - I stopped arguing when I thought I looked like a cheap ass and sort of zoned out.

I was going for a 100% Guinness event, but the first bar I stopped in didn't have any. I had a McSorelys, which I discovered I really do not like - I don't think the place (a dive on 9th) has ever cleaned their taps.
a legendary dive at that... oldest bar in the city.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #156
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
Drink buybacks...

Beav being cheap...


NOO! I wasn't being cheap! I was trying to be helpful.

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


a legendary dive at that... oldest bar in the city.
Really? It's awful in there. The bar was patched with large peices of plywood. The bartender and some customer were getting all into dental talk. No me gusta the oldest bar in the Manhattan.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by flybabe
Hey Red


It's Carlos, FB.

__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2




It's Carlos, FB.

Hey Rocks!!!



__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 08:06 PM
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #160
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,456
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
Really? It's awful in there. The bar was patched with large peices of plywood. The bartender and some customer were getting all into dental talk. No me gusta the oldest bar in the Manhattan.
really really...

edited... feck it... just copy and paste 'cause interference won't friggin show the link as is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McSorley's_Old_Ale_House
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 10:06 PM
I'm guessing he's super serial.

Honestly, Beav, I had four Guinnesses total Saturday, and none were buyback rounds.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,456
Local Time: 10:06 PM
we coulda gotten some buybacks if we had ever made it to flannery's

perhaps next new york trip
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #163
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
we coulda gotten some buybacks if we had ever made it to flannery's

perhaps next new york trip
Summer New York trip
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #164
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 10:06 PM
I'm just glad that someone backed up the exiustance of buybacks.

Headache - that's not the place I was in. This was a bar with just some stools, real narrow, no room for tables. It was on 9th and 40th or so.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #165
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


Summer New York trip


Slutfest
__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com