The Temple Bar: NYC Get Ready For Those Buybacks - UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question to the Bar:

I went out with a girl named Tracy this weekend, an old friend from high school who went to flight school in another province. I had a thing for her back then, but I had no idea what the hell I was doing in Grade 11, and nothing came of it - her slightly-hotter friend hung out with us when we went out, I couldn't choose, and stupidly told Tracy that I thought her friend was cute, not realizing that at the time Tracy liked me...anyways that's way in the past. Tracy came back from flight school over the summer, and her and I got together last week for a date. She asked me out, which may or may not be an important factor.

We were at first supposed to go out Thursday night to dinner and a movie, but she had a job interview with Air Canada so we rescheduled for Saturday.

We went to the Elevation show, had a blast, went to a dance club and ran into a couple of her friends from school who we hung out with for the rest of the evening. Nothing happened, since I wasn't trying to hook up with her, I was angling for a second date instead. Things went really well, we got along great.

So I'm pulling the standard "wait-a-couple-days" rule, and find out yesterday that she got the job with Air Canada, and is moving to Montreal on Monday, which puts me way out in the cold in terms of dating this girl.

So here's my question: now that dating her's out of the question, if I ask her to do something this weekend/later this week, is that tantamount to asking her for a goodbye lay before she goes? I mean, it's not like we'd be going out with an eye to date #3...is she going to assume that I'm trying to get laid before she leaves? Should I ask anyways?

:scratch:

DaveC said:

So here's my question: now that dating her's out of the question, if I ask her to do something this weekend/later this week, is that tantamount to asking her for a goodbye lay before she goes? I mean, it's not like we'd be going out with an eye to date #3...is she going to assume that I'm trying to get laid before she leaves? Should I ask anyways?

:scratch:

You are missing a VERY key point here, young Davidson.

SHE IS GETTING A JOB WITH AN AIRLINE!

She can come up your way anytime she wants, AND can buddy-pass you down to Montreal. That is if SHE wants it to work.

Continue on...do not trash it.

I have worked for the airline (two actually) now for just over five years. I have dated three different woman "long distance" (not at the same time). I even dated a Canadian.

Now I am engaged to one of the former long distancers......

zoney! said:

She can come up your way anytime she wants, AND can buddy-pass you down to Montreal. That is if SHE wants it to work.

That's true, but she's running cargo, not passenger flights. I don't know about how that works in terms of "buddy-passes"...

zoney = voice of reason

zoney! said:

I have worked for the airline (two actually) now for just over five years. I have dated three different woman "long distance" (not at the same time). I even dated a Canadian.

Now I am engaged to one of the former long distancers......

~BrightestStar~ said:
That month of yours, was this when the Beavers named you leader of their clan?

They never made me their leader. They just laughed at me. :(

Dave - This is a delemnia of Seinfeldian proportions. You sound like George. :hi5:. Sucks that she's moving but ask her for the 2nd date anyway. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that women assume men are trying to get laid everytime we ask them out. :shifty: Right?

Meh. Why not? See what happens. You can tell her all about your internal struggle with the decision to ask her for the second date in light of recent events. Tell her you always wanted to be architect.

DaveC said:

That's true, but she's running cargo, not passenger flights. I don't know about how that works in terms of "buddy-passes"...

That shouldn't matter. If she's a regular Air Canada employee they should all get the same benefits. Unless she said "uhhh....well, we uh, Cargo people don't get benefits...so sorry." That's a bad sign, Dave. She didn't say that, did she?

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

Dave - This is a delemnia of Seinfeldian proportions. You sound like George. :hi5:. Sucks that she's moving but ask her for the 2nd date anyway. I think it's a fairly safe assumption that women assume men are trying to get laid everytime we ask them out. :shifty: Right?

Meh. Why not? See what happens. You can tell her all about your internal struggle with the decision to ask her for the second date in light of recent events. Tell her you always wanted to be architect.

I think I'd rather be a Marine Biologist. :hi5:

ETA: I wonder if mile-high club points count for extra if it's the pilot...? :hmm:

UberBeaver said:

Or he could tell her he's got an interview with the Montreal division of Vandelay Industries. :hmm:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Isn't there? It's so sweet. :cute:

We just need love and peace, love and peace Pokey.
Or, for you to GFY.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm rooting for you to, for once, STFU, but my hopes are not too high, sadly.

I need to pull a George and do the opposite of everything I'd normally do....at least for a day or two.

"Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie! And if I have to tell you again, we're gonna take it outside and I'm gonna show you what it's like! You understand me? Now, shut your mouths or I'll shut 'em for ya, and if you think I'm kidding, just try me. Try me. Because I would LOVE it!"

Back
Top Bottom