The Temple Bar: NYC Get Ready For Those Buybacks - UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just found out that my buddy got 8 tickets right behind the dugout for the Phils-Braves game Wednesday night. Look for me there if you watch the game.

Interesting question.

You could DVR it, and then photograph a paused shot of right behind the Phillies dugout, upload it here, and ask me if I'm in the shot.

It's on ESPN.

I know I'm generic. I can't help that. I'm just a bit too stubborn to post my photo.

OK, I'll watch if I can and I'll be sure to scream out, "I might sorta kinda know that kid." and when people say, "Which one?" I'll say, "Uhhhhh, dunno. One of those dudes over there."

You should dress up like 1986 David Bowie in Labyrinth.

I've been to two at CBP, but I went on a short trip following the team to Washington and Pittsburgh for four games, so a total of six, this one coming up being number seven.

This is the first in range of TV camera viewing, though. Really nice seats, I don't know how he got them.

phillyfan26 said:
I've been to two at CBP, but I went on a short trip following the team to Washington and Pittsburgh for four games, so a total of six, this one coming up being number seven.

This is the first in range of TV camera viewing, though. Really nice seats, I don't know how he got them.

ya know i totally forgot that this weekend was going to be the last time the nats played at that stadium. i'm so out of it i didn't even realize they already started building the other one.

it is going to be high traffic. the only way into anacostia is on the bridge. no matter where the hell i try to go in dc when i take 395 i always fuckin ended up getting lost in anacostia. maybe next time i get lost i'll end up at the new stadium.

phillyfan26 said:

Holding up a sign saying, "That's pretty freaky, isn't it Major Tom Gordon?"

YES! Do that! Or if someone hits a home run hold up a "That's pretty far out, man" sign.

It would be awesome if you could get someone on the Braves dugout to hold a sign that says, "Can you hear me out there, man?" and you reply with a sign that says, "I hear you loud and clear man." And then both of you, in unison hold up, "OOOH yeah man!" signs.

Oh, right. The Labyrinth hotel. That seemed like a nice place.

UberBeaver said:
YES! Do that! Or if someone hits a home run hold up a "That's pretty far out, man" sign.

It would be awesome if you could get someone on the Braves dugout to hold a sign that says, "Can you hear me out there, man?" and you reply with a sign that says, "I hear you loud and clear man." And then both of you, in unison hold up, "OOOH yeah man!" signs.

This might replace my original pair - "CHASE UTLEY IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN" sign if they start winning and "FUCK YOU CHARLIE MANUEL" sign I was going to bring in case they start getting killed.

phillyfan26 said:
And quite frankly, that will still be better than RFK. It's worse than the Vet.

you're right about that. i know rfk was shite. it's been there forever though, it is a piece of history. there was a lot of controversy with this new stadium though. the majority of the residents of DC did NOT want it. they closed down lots of social programs offices and housing b/c they were located where they wanted the stadium. and the river is already garbage. it will just make it worse.

I think RFK is the first ever stadium to be left without any nostalgia factor, as it was a dump AND they had only been there three years. At least for Nats fans.

phillyfan26 said:
I think RFK is the first ever stadium to be left without any nostalgia factor, as it was a dump AND they had only been there three years. At least for Nats fans.

rfk is where i went to my first football game, went to my first big concert, saw nsync (shutup), freddy had his big debut.... :sigh:

but you're right though. it had no character. now, you wanna talk about sexy stadiums...camden yards... :drool:

i'm not the biggest baseball fan, but i love going to O's games for the atmosphere especially. they offered us hokies free tix to games this summer. i never made it out though.

Last edited:
I think pf26 should just bring some signs, any signs. Then we'll know how to find him on camera. Perhaps a Space Moon­™ sign as well

...and zoney, I posted that Target info in The Office thread. We picked up a few things on Saturday too. Stress ball, magnetic board, notepad,... can't go wrong for $1! :D

^ cool...Thanks!

ha...

Five trips to CBP this summer...and my name doesn't have "Phillyfan" in it! ;)

I have seen:
five games in Philly
one in Cincy
Two in Chicago (one at each stadium)
One in NY (Shea)
and a handful in Minor league parks (Indy and Bingampton NY)

I am going to the Red Sox/Twins game on Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom