The Temple Bar: NYC Get Ready For Those Buybacks - UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a heads up to those headed into new york this weekend...

the weather? looks to be faaaantastic.

but i do recomend some studying of the subway system before you come... the opening of the new UN General Assembly is this week, thus then all the big wigs are coming into town.. bush, chavez, ahmenidadididawallawallabingbangjad, etc. etc... so there could be random gridlock at times in the city (although most of it should be out of the way by friday afternoon).

it's no big deal, happens every year... but taxi drivers tend to try to hose unknowing customers by getting caught in the gridlock and then trying to play it off that they had no idea, thus sending the rates up up and away.

so just avoid it all together and take the subways and do a little walking... which of course is easy enough as it is.

from LGA... yea either see if your hotel has a shuttle, take a city bus into manhattan or you could even take a bus to the shea stadium station and hop either the 7 train or the LIRR into midtown, depending on how you time it out... so you've got a few options to look into

last i checked it was a 40 dollar flat rate from the airports to manhattan via taxi... probably has gone up since then with gas prices and all. so avoid taxi's at all costs.

LGA's probably the toughest of the 3 airports to get in and out of, but it's not hard at all... it's just not as shit simple as JFK and Newark, so you actually have to put a chimp's worth of thought into it.

from weather.com
Sep 20 Thursday
Morning clouds followed by afternoon sun. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sep 21 Friday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 60s.
Sep 22 Saturday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sep 23 Sunday
Sunshine. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
from LGA... yea either see if your hotel has a shuttle, take a city bus into manhattan or you could even take a bus to the shea stadium station and hop either the 7 train or the LIRR into midtown, depending on how you time it out... so you've got a few options to look into

last i checked it was a 40 dollar flat rate from the airports to manhattan via taxi... probably has gone up since then with gas prices and all. so avoid taxi's at all costs.

LGA's probably the toughest of the 3 airports to get in and out of, but it's not hard at all... it's just not as shit simple as JFK and Newark, so you actually have to put a chimp's worth of thought into it.

from weather.com
Sep 20 Thursday
Morning clouds followed by afternoon sun. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sep 21 Friday
Sep 22 Saturday
Sep 23 Sunday

what's your excuse for not coming? :angry:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

from weather.com
Sep 20 Thursday
Sep 21 Friday
Sep 22 Saturday
Sep 23 Sunday

Ha, everytime I've come to NY I've flown into LGA, so I should be good. :yes:

Mia you're taking the train, right? That sucks about Chicago. :slant:

The weather forecast is so beautiful it's making me weep. :sad:

Yep April, I :love: taking the train! I think it is my favorite form of transportation :rockon: And I like penn station, it is pretty easy for me to figure out. I think the best thing ever is that it is RIGHT NEXT to MSG. Now that I know that I'll be more inclined to go to an nyc show!

Thanks about Chicago. I whaddafuxupwitdat? How do you just not call someone for an interview? I sent an e-mail. I'm hoping I messed up the time or something and the mistake was on my end. Otherwise, that doesn't look so good for them!

Hey elfa :wave:

Yeah if it's on their end that makes them look pretty damn incompetent. :scratch: Hopefully whatever it is, it's just a misunderstanding.

If you don't have a long way to go, the train is cool. I like taking it to Chicago, but I will never take it from NY again. 15 hours :crack: My back hurt like crazy from having that small space to attempt to sleep in overnight.

unico said:
what's your excuse for not coming? :angry:

well, the wise thing to do, considering that every last penny i make seems to be going right out the door to either nissan or progressive, would be to stay home and not spend a dime...

but, alas, who said i wasn't coming anyways? :evil:

unico said:
And I like penn station, it is pretty easy for me to figure out. I think the best thing ever is that it is RIGHT NEXT to MSG. Now that I know that I'll be more inclined to go to an nyc show!

correction... penn station is right below MSG. one can take the train in, go to a game/concert, hop back on the train and never once step outside.

What happened to Fall fucking weather?

I'm flying into White Plains. Trust me when I tell you that it's a pleasure to fly into that airport. A few airlines fly from Chicago to White Plains, so it's great. My folks live in The Bronx, on the Westchester border, so it's not too bad of a drive for my Dad to pick me up.

Mia, could they have scheduled the interview thinking Central Time, but you're thinking Eastern Time?

unico said:

ooooh i didn't know that! my bad. when i was outside i saw msg was attached to penn.

yea they tore down the old penn station building to build MSG, moving everything underground... now they're in talks to move penn across the street to the old post office building.

old

Penn%20Old.jpg

current

0608-Madison%20Square%20Garden.jpg

new?

20060427-penn_station_02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom