The Temple Bar : Now With Improved Flavour .. UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not very long, probably.

Steelers dominating, nice start, but, to be expected against a team so bad that they switch QB's in the first half of the first game of the year.

no doubt.

lol, I don't have cable so I have to opine that nfl gameday online is waaaayyyyyy better than the mlb.

mia, what time you leaving on the sunday?

Angry because:

A - I can watch games and you cannot?
B - I have no cable or satellite at home
C - I am at work
D - I just generally piss you off

My guess is D with a splash of one of the others.

Andy Reid makes me want to punch a whole through the wall Andy Bernard style.

don't flatter yourself, it was none of those things :)

broncos had just gotten a touchdown. and of course I go out for a bit and when I come back both my jays and bills have managed to fuck themselves. bring on hockey :happy: ...fuckin leafs :mad:

scuse the language, just pissed at my inability to follow any decent bloody teams.

I may be there till monday mia, having trouble getting a flight home on the sunday :insertanotherfbombandthrilledsmileyhere:

ah okay. i wish i could stay later, but i don't think work is going to let me take off for another day. i might be able to take a later train though. just not too late. apparently the schedules lie. although it said i'd get home at 7, i didn't get home til 9 last time :angry:

I just bought 2 tickets to see Mute Math and 2 tickets to see Bruce next month.

Just learned that Eisley are opening for Mute Math. I like them, so, I'm pleased.

That's pretty cool, think.

Oh, and I'm seeing Genesis in October, too, which should be decent as well.

Last edited:
I was seriously tempted to try to get last minute tickets to the Genesis show here in TO on Fri night but I resisted - heard the show was pretty good :)

Question: Are a bunch of you guys getting together for something soon? I've really sort of bypassed those posts in hope that I could figure it out, but I haven't.

A few of us will be in NYC 9/20-9/21. I was heading home for that weekend to begin with, and was thrilled to find out that LMPA, Snow, Unico and I think a few others will be there as well. Beav lives on the Island, so he'll be participating, too. There's a U2 cover band show on Friday night, I think. I'm gonna skip that, Beav likely will too, but I'm hoping to meet up with everyone before the show for dinner or something.

Ok so I watched a little bit of the Lions game this afternoon. I'm attempting to broaden my horizons by trying to get into football. Don't think I'm going to root for the Lions, either, people.

I know no one asked but I'm leaving the 23rd around 9:30 so I think I'll just stay up all night that Saturday. :rockstar:

nsw shouldn't you get cable for like, free or something? :hmm:

snow for the last weekend were you planning on the entire weekend or just sat? btw I forgot that you freaked over the seafood that was going to be at SF1 so why I told you we had to get sushi is beyond me :d'oh: so we can go somewhere else for dinner. Dearborn = tons of restaurants :drool:

LMPA, I get a satellite package through my job, for DirecTV.

However, I was planning on buying an HDTV, which requires an HD receiver, which I do not own. I did not want to get the TV until my apartment was furnished. Now I've decided to hold off on the HDTV, and since most of my furniture is here, I will start getting DirecTV service on Tuesday, or at least I'm supposed to.

Ha, watching football to broaden your horizons??? I love sports, but you might be narrowing your horizons doing that.

Oh, speaking of broadening one's horizons, a coworker (the same one you predicted would be dating me in a month, FYI) :)..... and I are taking a digital photography class together, starting this Tuesday. It meets each Tuesday night for 10 nights, 3 hours a class. There is also lab time, etc. I'm looking forward to it, since I love taking photos but have no clue what I'm doing.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok so I watched a little bit of the Lions game this afternoon. I'm attempting to broaden my horizons by trying to get into football. Don't think I'm going to root for the Lions, either, people.

I know no one asked but I'm leaving the 23rd around 9:30 so I think I'll just stay up all night that Saturday. :rockstar:

nsw shouldn't you get cable for like, free or something? :hmm:

snow for the last weekend were you planning on the entire weekend or just sat? btw I forgot that you freaked over the seafood that was going to be at SF1 so why I told you we had to get sushi is beyond me :d'oh: so we can go somewhere else for dinner. Dearborn = tons of restaurants :drool:

Become an Eagles fan. I'd award you 50 Schrute bucks.

Haha, well - my reasonings is because I know when they play the games (generally) and baseball is good only if you're at the games, I have no interest really in basketball and I think I'm iover hockey. Knowing me I'll lose interest by week 3. Or is it week 3 already? Kidding. ;)

Photography class can always lead to more. :winkwinknudgenudge: At least you're going out and doing things with the opposite sex. I have 3 nights to myself per week until mid-October that don't revolve around school and let's just say the opposite sex isn't exactly clamboring to hang with me. :wink:

PS - When I leave the state of MI I get in a better mood immediately so I'll be at least 25% less sarcastic than I'm being right now. :D

Become an Eagles fan and know the taste of failure on an annual basis. Join the ranks of the disgruntled and bitter Eagles (Phils, Flyers and 76'er's too) fans, a jolly lot who would boo their own Mother if the opportunity presented itself.

:)

Back
Top Bottom