The Temple Bar : Now With Improved Flavour .. UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

ya lazy shit :tsk:

good one lila but I think for it to count it has to be a service others would actually want and value.

I'm assuming this is for school, how many hours do you need?

and Beav is correct, it happened much like that. Tibet hasn't been the same since :heart: and that commenced my obsession with rock formations. I could probably design my own canonization ceremony, and it would still involve lots of alcohol (me) and lots of licking (of me). NJ I gotta think of everything around here.

When I say leave home, I don't literally mean it, I mean I don't have to go to some area AWAY from home and stay there for days at a hotel or something. I can leave home, I just want to come back later that day.

My parents have suggested leaving home for the week to do something, and I vehemently don't want to spend 1 of 8 weeks off next summer in the Appalachian Mountains. I'm cool with volunteer work, just not like that.

You're in Philly. Find a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter. In high school and college I worked at a children's hospital, a homeless shelter for families and a nursing home.

The children's hospital was crazy shit, man. So sad - but a lot of the kids were real happy too. Damn, those kids are teenagers now. Holy shit. :ohmy:

The homeless shelter was allright. Mostly we just played football with the kids and gave the parents some time to do what they could. The families were mostly just normal people that hit some bad luck and ended losing everything.

The nursing home was meh. Everyone was pissed off there, the patients, the staff. I didnt like that joint. We had fill water bottles and fill out menus. Kind of dumb work.

UberBeaver said:
That's awesome. :drool:

They nailed the drums and the guitar solo. Even the piano part they did well - with no piano. Damn.

oh the piano is there... he's hiding

568065520_b3cadf7ce8.jpg

pearl jam's unofficial 6th member, boom gasper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_Gasper

If eddie really loved his people he'd stop whoring himself around and just come and play at my house. what's a girl gotta do to get eddie vedder in her living room :mad:

philly, do you want to just put hours in or actually meet people and help them personally.

and yeah sorry, the alcohol and licking is my thing to be done to me...I didn't put all the effort into thinking it up (like hours and hours) to have other people get in on it :D

snowbunny00774 said:
If eddie really loved his people he'd stop whoring himself around and just come and play at my house. what's a girl gotta do to get eddie vedder in her living room :mad:

philly, do you want to just put hours in or actually meet people and help them personally.

and yeah sorry, the alcohol and licking is my thing to be done to me...I didn't put all the effort into thinking it up (like hours and hours) to have other people get in on it :D

:sad:

hey p-fa i've got some awesome franciscan buddies that run a fabulous soup kitchen in philly. it is real fancy like too! they dont want it to seem like a "soup kitchen" it is a nice classy place to show people some dignity. if you're interested hit me up.

Back
Top Bottom