The Temple Bar: Now at 332 Lafayette St, Greenwich Village

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Dawgfather is back on campus! :hyper:

It's the first really sunny, warm day we've had this year, and when it's nice, the Dawgfather brings his hot dog stand on to campus - I'm not exaggerating when I say he makes the best hot dogs and sausages I've ever eaten, and it's cheap too :drool:

He even gives you food for free when you're broke and hungry :up:

This is like seeing the first robin of spring for Dalhousie students! :lol:

DaveC said:
The Dawgfather is back on campus! :hyper:

It's the first really sunny, warm day we've had this year, and when it's nice, the Dawgfather brings his hot dog stand on to campus - I'm not exaggerating when I say he makes the best hot dogs and sausages I've ever eaten, and it's cheap too :drool:

He even gives you food for free when you're broke and hungry :up:

This is like seeing the first robin of spring for Dalhousie students! :lol:

Yeah, you're just a little excited about it. :lol:

This reminds me, I haven't even had so much as coffee this morning. :hungry:

gabrielvox said:
:drool: Dalhousie chicks in spring :drool:

ps - work your sc over man!! I wanna play there again!!

I'll send them a note, as long as you do the same. That'd work a bit better, I think. I'll show the band a good ol' Halifax time if you do end up coming out here :up:

I wonder if I could ship a Dawgfather phat boy (that's what he calls his hot dogs - they're HUGE) across international borders. What do you want on it? :hmm::lol:

We Canucks gotta stick together!

DaveC you ever been to the TO? There was a dog guy right at Bay and Queen for like 40 years, he was 'the best in North America' and he would do this little shtick of verbally abusing you 'whaddya want?' 'a sausage' 'whaddya mean you want a sausage, dont come to me for a sausage you come to me for the best in north america' - and dont even think about asking him for a soda, he'd tell you to get it your self...I was addicted to his sausages...he died a year or so ago, believe me, it was a day of mourning for the downtown business crowd....at Nathan Phillips there are probably 10 or more stands on any given day...and his would have a 10 minute lineup, while the rest stood empty..the other stands used to send people over to his line to try and lure you out to their stand instead "no wait, no wait"

Damn I miss that guy!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just got the yellow line of death under my PM box. :sad:

Can't Elvis make our PM boxes bottomless or something? :angry:

lol - I think I'm about 5000 PMs away from that happening :sigh:

I probably shouldn't answer your last PM so the line doesn't go red :wink:

UberBeaver said:
Dave - It's Friday during lent - no hotdogs. Unless, of course, you're a blasphemous heathen and you don't mind burning in Hell for eternity. In that case, enjoy your hot dog, sinner.

Sinners :drool:

I've never been to Toronto, other than Pearson Airport, and that's enough for me.

Yesterday in Journalism class we were talking about propaganda and stereotyping and how to avoid them in your writing - we definitely had some fun with the "Rich Toronto Girl" stereotypes :laugh:

:mad:

Typical Scotian bias...nevermind pal, I'm from Halifax and PEI and I say Toronto rocks

...but only in the spring and fall, for me. In summer it's way too hot and in winter it's way too cold...my favorite time to be in Toronto is spring and fall...in the winter I head south, and in the summer, you guessed it, east to PEI.

:drool: PEI and Cape Breton in august :drool:

DaveC said:

I've never been to Toronto, other than Pearson Airport, and that's enough for me.

Yesterday in Journalism class we were talking about propaganda and stereotyping and how to avoid them in your writing - we definitely had some fun with the "Rich Toronto Girl" stereotypes :laugh:

I don't get how you can hate/dislike it if you've never been there. That would be like me randomly saying "I hate Calgary." :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I don't get how you can hate/dislike it if you've never been there. That would be like me randomly saying "I hate Calgary." :lol:

I'm from Nova Scotia. You wouldn't understand unless you live here.

And yes, we are starting to get a hate on for Calgary/Alberta in general now, too.

It's a cultural thing, not a personal thing.

Back
Top Bottom