The Temple Bar: Now at 332 Lafayette St, Greenwich Village

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ThoraSEB said:

Gastown, it's pretty good. SkyTrain is kinda meh. It's a good form of transportation, but nothing too fascinating. You should definitely go to Stanley Park, Granville Island (there's a fabulous brewery there)... there will probably be some sort of festival or something going on in the city that weekend.

Yeah - I just want to say I was on the sky train more than anything. Local brewery? and random festival or set annual one?

I've heard of Stanley park - why?

snowbunny00774 said:

Yeah - I just want to say I was on the sky train more than anything. Local brewery? and random festival or set annual one?

I've heard of Stanley park - why?

Brewery is Granville Island Brewery - they make one of my favourite beers. :drool:

I honestly don't know about the festivals/parties or whatever, but in the summer months it seems like there's always something interesting going on. You're coming at the end of June/beginning of July, right?

Stanley Park is the biggest park in Vancouver, and it's beautiful. When we we had those awful storms in Nov/Dec, tons of the really old trees there were damaged. It was in the news a lot.

No mercy? :mad:

Take that!
INBedPillowFightHL.gif

ThoraSEB said:
Go for the rum & coke, snow.

I'll be having wine with my dinner shortly, and will eventually turn to the rum & coke's, I'm sure.

I was thinking more cocktails - what can we think up?

I made a drink last year - I wonder if I still have the recipe :hmm:
we called it The Lizard :drool

ThoraSEB said:

Brewery is Granville Island Brewery - they make one of my favourite beers. :drool:

I honestly don't know about the festivals/parties or whatever, but in the summer months it seems like there's always something interesting going on. You're coming at the end of June/beginning of July, right?

Stanley Park is the biggest park in Vancouver, and it's beautiful. When we we had those awful storms in Nov/Dec, tons of the really old trees there were damaged. It was in the news a lot.

That sucks:( hopefully the park recovers. We'll be there for July 1st so I'm sure there will be lots going on for that!

snowbunny00774 said:

I was thinking more cocktails - what can we think up?

I made a drink last year - I wonder if I still have the recipe :hmm:
we called it The Lizard :drool

That sucks:( hopefully the park recovers. We'll be there for July 1st so I'm sure there will be lots going on for that!

Mmm... cocktails. :drool: What kind of booze do you have? :hmm:

Definitely - there's always a good party on July 1. :D

That sounds good, snow.

i'm outta here for a couple of hours. we just had a fire. i'm okay and our house is okay, but it's a mess. i'm slightly freaked out, and in need of a huge-ass drink. gotta clean for a little bit.

Hope everything is alright Thora!

I don't know if I can drink alcohol while on my medication. :grumpy: Not that we have anything here. Probably just some cheap beer, if any at all. And 150+ proof rum :shifty:

ThoraSEB said:
That sounds good, snow.

i'm outta here for a couple of hours. we just had a fire. i'm okay and our house is okay, but it's a mess. i'm slightly freaked out, and in need of a huge-ass drink. gotta clean for a little bit.

Glad you are okay Thora - wow - I hope everything else is okay too - bad year for you - water issues and now fire :hug:

Lila - I'll be right there :D
Did you not get the handout with the meds? It's the first thing I check for - I'm that sad :(

Thanks for your concern. Everything is going to be okay. A couple of things in my kitchen were permanently damaged, but for the most part everything's okay.

It was centred in the kitchen, and with more cleaning, all should be back to normal. God that was stressful and awful.

I'm taking a little break right now to have some dinner and try and calm down.

Lila64 said:

I don't have the patience to read the insert snowbunny. Call me lazy.

See, for me that's beyond a lazy thing - it's a need to know, and if it's a no, how far can I stretch it....

Last edited:
I'm back, snow.

I've done a lot of cleanup, but I just can't do any more tonight. The worst of it is all cleaned up, but I'll save the rest for tomorrow.

It was an electrical fire. I was toasting something in the toaster, and the cord caught on fire. The toaster and the stove went up in flames. The smoke was really thick and black, and covered everything. I managed to get it outside, and my landlord came running since he heard the smoke alarms going nuts. It was so frightening. I've never seen anything like that before.

He helped me put the fire out, and get all the windows open. I cleared most of the kitchen, but I'm tired, and it's acceptable looking, so I'm going to do the rest tomorrow.

I have to say - I mostly :love: my dad - we just spent an hour on the phone and I was laughing hysterically most of the time and then my accent came back. Sometimes he is soooo awesome :bow:

He is such a poser & totally admits it. He asked where I wanted to go for my bros bday dinner on sunday and gave me two choices. One is okay the other is totally a posers paradise. When I mentioned that he said " I'm all about being pretentious, but it's XXXX's day, I can go to the other place". and he absolutely meant that. Poser dad :cute:

ThoraSEB said:
It was an electrical fire. I was toasting something in the toaster, and the cord caught on fire. The toaster and the stove went up in flames. The smoke was really thick and black, and covered everything. I managed to get it outside, and my landlord came running since he heard the smoke alarms going nuts. It was so frightening. I've never seen anything like that before.

He helped me put the fire out, and get all the windows open. I cleared most of the kitchen, but I'm tired, and it's acceptable looking, so I'm going to do the rest tomorrow.

Oh Thora:hug:

How awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thank God it got sorted. I've had that happen before - nothing scarier :(

snowbunny00774 said:

Oh Thora:hug:

How awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thank God it got sorted. I've had that happen before - nothing scarier :(

Thanks. :hug: The toaster is toast (hee hee), and the stove should be okay. There were a couple plates and silverware that were ruined, but the damage was minimal, thank god.

I totally freaked out afterwards, but am a lot calmer now.

Hey Thora,That would be scary,but i`ll tell you one thing that happend to me a couple of years ago...We had a golfcart just for driving around,and I had had it since I was 11,so it was pretty old,but any way I drove down to my Grandpa`s house with it ad talked with him for a good 30 minutes,and so I left and drove back home.parked it and went inside,and just two or three seconds after we herd a pop,and looked out the window and my golfcart was up in smoke and it melted the entire sideing of our house but it didn`t burn down thank God...:|

That's no fun, tre. Weekends are meant for sleeping in.

That's crazy, FB. It's scary how things like this happen.

I totally wasn't paying attention to the toaster, and all of a sudden my smoke alarm goes off, I run into the kitchen, and there are flames and smoke everywhere. If the alarms hadn't worked, it probably would have been worse.

ThoraSEB said:
That's no fun, tre. Weekends are meant for sleeping in.

That's crazy, FB. It's scary how things like this happen.

I totally wasn't paying attention to the toaster, and all of a sudden my smoke alarm goes off, I run into the kitchen, and there are flames and smoke everywhere. If the alarms hadn't worked, it probably would have been worse.

no kidding.:mad:

i will achieve that goal on sunday :drool:

was your toast done? :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom