The Temple Bar - Not Like Everybody Says ... Like Dumb ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G-dfather lines run through my head all the time at work....plus, my boss is a big fan, so he loves it.

I think the most prevalent one in my head is "You straightened my brother out?". I don't know why. I think it's the look on his face when he says it.

I've probably earned a number of technical fouls, though I've never had one called.

I got one foul called on me tonight by a ref who I've made clear I'm not a big fan of, and I angrily went, "Yeah, THAT could not have been more ball I got there, huh?"

I'm pretty sure I'm a contender for my grammar schools leading spot for game ejections. I either fouled out, got T-d up, or just ejected from a good amount of games. That was my trademark, you know? Jordan leaped from the foul line - I talked a lot of stupid shit to refs and umps. My father was a ref and an ump - and my basketball coach. I bet Freud would have some theories on that. Mother fuck Freud, man. You ain't my dad.

I am a ref, so I don't feel I have to respect them for "doing something harder than it looks" because I already do it.

My family belonged to a very middle class beach club from my infancy to about age 13. The place was amazing for young kids...huge pool, basketball courts, tennis courts, raquetball, softball fields, and it was vast....anyway, the staff there had organized leagues, for different age groups. I captained a softball team 2 years in a row, when I was 11 and 12, with my friends filling out the roster. So, my first year as captain, we make it to the Championship game, after winning 2 other playoff games. It's on a weekday, so my Dad takes off from work to come watch. The ump, who was also a counselor, calls the 2 captains to home plate, for the coin toss to determine the home team. He says "The only new ground rule is no cursing allowed, at all. First curse I hear, I eject that person. Understand???" We both nod yes. He looks at me and says "you call the toss". He tosses it, I say "heads", he catches it and says "tails it is", I say "fuck!" and he tosses me right out. My Dad comes running down, asks what happened, the ump tells him, my Dad looks at me and just laughs/shakes his head.

I go coach 3B for my team and we win.

I'm tempted to start blaming mishaps in the forum on "the guy who types with his nipples."

It's time for me to get to bed! :yawn: :wave:

bedtime.gif

Back
Top Bottom