The Temple Bar - Not Like Everybody Says ... Like Dumb ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
They wondered if they should get the gym teacher for me when my leg was hanging out but I knew it'd pop back in eventually.

:lol:

It still hurts now and then, especially when it rains. That makes me sound old I know but i have f'ed up joints.

When I was 4 I dislocated my elbow, which is the most excruciating pain I've ever been in, and in 8th grade I dislocated my right shoulder. Naturally I'm right handed, so to this day there's a lot I can't do without being in pain. :sigh: Stupid joints.

What the hell do you do for all these injuries? :huh:

The only notable injuries of mine are my constant right foot problems and my broken-for-ten-years right pinky finger.

I can do physical therapy to build up the muscles around my joints, my shoulder in particular. Though I'm often lazy and neglect to do my exercises. I ought to take up daily pushups again.

U2democrat said:

When I was 4 I dislocated my elbow, which is the most excruciating pain I've ever been in

That happened to me when I was 3! One of my earliest memories - screaming till we got to the doctor's office, and he put it back in place, and then it was instant relief!

How did you do yours? My mom pulled mine out. I was about to run out on the road and a car was coming, and she yanked me back...she feels awful to this day.

Good luck to your sister, I was just wondering a while ago if your family had their new addition yet. :)

U2democrat said:
My mom did a c-section with me.

Why do more women opt to do natural birth? It seems to me that c-sections are so much simpler or is there more to it than that?

I had complications with anaesthetic for my c-section, and I remember it being quite painful while recovering. I wouldn't recommend it unless it were necessary, but that's just me.

VintagePunk said:

That happened to me when I was 3! One of my earliest memories - screaming till we got to the doctor's office, and he put it back in place, and then it was instant relief!

How did you do yours? My mom pulled mine out. I was about to run out on the road and a car was coming, and she yanked me back...she feels awful to this day.

Good luck to your sister, I was just wondering a while ago if your family had their new addition yet. :)

I was lying on the floor watching TV, SOMEHOW getting up when my mom called me to dinner it popped out of place :shrug: I'm still mad at my parents though, they didn't take me to the doctor until the next morning despite my staying up all night long whimpering.

But, we went to the doctor, he barely twisted my arm, it popped into place and the pain was gone! Craziness.

My brother broke his collarbone playing football while we were on vacation at the Jersey shore. My parents waited two days to even consider it might be broken (my brothers have a tendency to exxagerate).

His arm was in a sling for three or four weeks.

phillyfan26 said:
A little rhyme of mine from FYM:

I tried to rhyme Obama but only managed Barack
I laughed when unico said "Two rats fucking in a sock"
Then I went out in the yard to walk my pet rock
Couldn't return inside, needed to key for the door to unlock

:lol: awesome.

I've seen all 3 Godfathers. It's been awhile though. I was a wee lass back then. I remember seeing the 3rd one in theaters. I don't remember them well enough to quote though. Images stick with me better than words. I still to this day have a habit of checking the back seat of my car before going in.

unico said:

:lol: awesome.

I've seen all 3 Godfathers. It's been awhile though. I was a wee lass back then. I remember seeing the 3rd one in theaters. I don't remember them well enough to quote though. Images stick with me better than words. I still to this day have a habit of checking the back seat of my car before going in.

You should make it a point to watch them every once in a while. :yes:

I'm procrastinating on a 3 page paper right now! :hi5:

(One sentence done in five hours.)

C-Sections are considered major surgery I do believe. The doctors would rather one do it naturally than C-Section. Then of course there are those that have to be c-section, since the baby is breach (feet down instead of head down). And I think it takes a bit longer to recuperate. Both of my sister's kids were C-Section. I can't remember if the first was breach and the second was because she was developing toximia. That was like on a Monday, and Tuesday they had her in to deliver

BonoManiac said:

You should make it a point to watch them every once in a while. :yes:

:hmm:

Pfan - I used to be, now that I think of it. I think I'm more of a lyric quoter though.

Laura - good luck on the paper. Post here or text me so I can post here when the baby is here!

Lila64 said:
C-Sections are considered major surgery I do believe. The doctors would rather one do it naturally than C-Section. Then of course there are those that have to be c-section, since the baby is breach (feet down instead of head down). And I think it takes a bit longer to recuperate. Both of my sister's kids were C-Section. I can't remember if the first was breach and the second was because she was developing toximia. That was like on a Monday, and Tuesday they had her in to deliver

Ah ok. I just hear all these horror stories about these grueling labors, C-section sounds so much easier I was just wondering why they weren't more frequent. But that makes sense.

All I know is the prospect of pregnancy scares the crap outta me :yikes:

Lila64 said:
C-Sections are considered major surgery I do believe.

:yes: I remember being wheeled out of the operating room and throwing up, and the doctor, who was walking out beside us said "vomiting is very common after having someone cut into your abdomen and move your intestines around."

:happy:

It was a great experience. :|

sorry that happened to you VP :hug:

And U2Dem - it really isn't all that bad. Then again, I never had morning sickness or anything like that either. I remember going to the hospital around 6-7:00pm, and I was all smiling/happy. They said I couldn't be in labor cuz I was too happy :lol: I became more serious as the night went along, but still. I was only 3-4 cm dialated when I checked in

3:25am

I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl beforehand. Everyone thought I was having a boy by the way I was carrying. So when the baby came out, I asked the doctor 'what is it', and he said 'human'. I was not laughing then between hyperventillating and releasing the bowling ball, I mean baby from my womb.

I keep doing research and staring at the blinking line on a blank Word document but I have NO idea what to write for this stupid paper.

On a good note, on TCM they're showing Vertigo now and Rear Window at 10:15...:combust: James Stewart + Hitchcock = :love:

No I got that done.

Write a two-page response to the question “Should private, for-profit corporations be allowed to run U.S. prisons?” Please research the history of private companies taking over specific agency operations that have previously been owned and operated by the government. Present a logical and reasoned argument either for or against this practice.

unico said:

I've only seen III once. And I'm fine with that. I don't really remember liking it all that much.

Back
Top Bottom