The Temple Bar - Not Like Everybody Says ... Like Dumb ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:
There are specific members of PLEBA I really like, and specific members I really dislike. The ones I dislike are the ones I want to see fly off the deep end.

:lol: Fair enough, and, agreed.

But then for me, that holds true for all areas of the board.

It's mostly the people who leave PLEBA and go to EYKIW and police people's U2 jokes (i.e.: U2girl).

VintagePunk said:

:lol: Fair enough, and, agreed.

But then for me, that holds true for all areas of the board.

My take, not that anyone cares:

Pleba is a silly place, but, as VP says, harmless. You do not like the area, do not got there. So, I do not want it to blow up, but I'll always poke fun at it now and then.

PFan, it's no better or worse than FYM. Some of the people in FYM actually make me sick, whereas the worst of plebans just make me laugh.

phillyfan26 said:
It's mostly the people who leave PLEBA and go to EYKIW and police people's U2 jokes (i.e.: U2girl).

Is she a Pleban? I have no idea. Honestly, the only time I ever go to the picture threads is when someone points out drama occurring there.

When I say blow up, I don't mean like cease to exist. I just mean fifty PLEBAns completely flipping out and getting crazy defensive. The unintentional comedy is quite high.

I'm with you 100% on FYM, NSW.

phillyfan26 said:
When I say blow up, I don't mean like cease to exist. I just mean fifty PLEBAns completely flipping out and getting crazy defensive. The unintentional comedy is quite high.

I'm with you 100% on FYM, NSW.

Oh, okay. I've seen that happen in one or two pleban threads, and it makes me wonder if they have a sense of humor. It's also one reason why (except for chat threads) I don't go to pleban threads as much as I used to.

FYM is an interesting place. It can get frustrating as hell. All us regulars are very stubborn, put us all together arguing different points and everything just goes in circles.

My favorite frustrating moment is that anytime I make a legitimate argument to Diamond, he goes "Ha, look at this:" and posts that I'm on his ignore list.

I swear if he does it one more time, I'm going on a profanity-laced tirade that results in me getting warned/suspended from FYM.

U2democrat said:
FYM is an interesting place. It can get frustrating as hell. All us regulars are very stubborn, put us all together arguing different points and everything just goes in circles.

That's why I often say "The wheels in FYM go round and round.

It's not about being stubborn, it's more about everyone feels how they feel, and a flat screen is not going to often convince anyone to change their mind. Also, some in FYM are a tad too condescending for my tastes....being smart or informed does not give one license to piss all over other people's stances.

phillyfan26 said:
My favorite frustrating moment is that anytime I make a legitimate argument to Diamond, he goes "Ha, look at this:" and posts that I'm on his ignore list.

I swear if he does it one more time, I'm going on a profanity-laced tirade that results in me getting warned/suspended from FYM.

Don't let that clown impact you like that. He's a lost fucking cause..not because of his beliefs, but because of the levels he stoops to.

No spoken words said:

That's why I often say "The wheels in FYM go round and round.

It's not about being stubborn, it's more about everyone feels how they feel, and a flat screen is not going to often convince anyone to change their mind. Also, some in FYM are a tad too condescending for my tastes....being smart or informed does not give one license to piss all over other people's stances.

Too true. There's one particular poster who shall go unnamed who always seems to have mia and I in her sights.

U2democrat said:

Too true. There's one particular poster who shall go unnamed who always seems to have mia and I in her sights.

I know who you mean. I have actually been encouraged, lately, to see this person posting outside of FYM and actually showing a sense of humor.

I don't notice the in-battles like that as much.

I loved when Snowlock posted "Who the hell is unico and why is she here?"

Under - fucking - pants!

garment.jpg

U2democrat said:
everything just goes in circles.

Although I do read most of what's posted, that's why I rarely post in there. Pretty much only when a subject comes up that's unique and interests me. You can predict how certain people will respond to the usual topics, and it's almost always the same points restated over and over. :crack:

I use FYM as practice for real life debates. It does go in circles, but I try to use that to refine and perfect my clarity.

VintagePunk said:

Although I do read most of what's posted, that's why I rarely post in there. Pretty much only when a subject comes up that's unique and interests me. You can predict how certain people will respond to the usual topics, and it's almost always the same points restated over and over. :crack:

:yes:

I lurk there a lot, the only place I do lurk. I sometimes post. Not a lot.

unico said:
i've stopped talking to him. i grew tired of driving into brick walls.

laura - is there a hurricane or something i didn't know about?

Hurricane Obama! ba-dum tish! :wink:

Seriously though there's a front going through. The temperature's supposed to drop 20 degrees.

I feel like it's so obvious who this person is and I can't put my finger on it.

Back
Top Bottom