The Temple Bar - Not Like Everybody Says ... Like Dumb ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RavenBlue said:
Have you tried taking him to the vet? To see if something is irritating him?

We're making an appointment tomorrow to ask the vet for advice and to find out if there may be something wrong with him physically that could be causing behavioral changes. He's eating fine, and looks OK to me, but you never know about these things. He's never really been a healthy dog anyway.

unico said:
what provoked the bite? did it happen out of nowhere?

Lately, he's been, well, obsessed with our other dog. I'm not really sure why. But I started playing with the dog and wrestling with him, and out of nowhere he came over and bit my thigh. Maybe to protect him? I dunno.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the best. I have been bitten at least 5 times in my life my dogs, so it wasn't traumatic for me or anything :wink: but I just hope nothing terrible comes of this. That dog has had a hell of a life.

Whatever happens, trust me, it'll be humane. My father is one of the kindest people you can meet when it comes to animals. Hell, he'd rather let an insect outside than squash it. :lol:

LemonMelon said:
My dog bit me tonight. :huh: (the American Eskimo, not the Beagle)

He's been really aggressive lately. He has a history of biting, but he's getting dangerous. I'm not really sure what should be done. It's easy to just say "put him down" (he's almost 10 years old), but I dunno...it's a life, you know? We may put him down, we may give him to a shelter, we may have to just keep him fenced up outside all the time. I really don't know.
If he has a history of biting, I'd say it was inevitable he(especially since he's male) would only get worse. I wouldn't ever say put him down, unless the vet finds an actual neurological abnormality causing the aggression. I'd seek the advice of a legit dog behaviouralist. Someone who really understands dog behaviour and has a lot of experience handling aggressive animals. In fact I have a close friend who is just that, I can run the question by her if you like :shrug: She knows her stuff. Anyway, good luck with that :yes:

kafrun said:

If he has a history of biting, I'd say it was inevitable he(especially since he's male) would only get worse. I wouldn't ever say put him down, unless the vet finds an actual neurological abnormality causing the aggression. I'd seek the advice of a legit dog behaviouralist. Someone who really understands dog behaviour and has a lot of experience handling aggressive animals. In fact I have a close friend who is just that, I can run the question by her if you like :shrug: She knows her stuff. Anyway, good luck with that :yes:

I'd appreciate it if you did, Kaf. We barely have civilization out here, let alone professional canine psychoanalysts. :wink:

:lol: Will do.

I'm amazed you're able to communicate with us from way out there. Do they have to bring you teh internets on horse and buggy?

It cracks me up watching the local stations out here, especially when they show commercials about high-speed internet access. There are all these shots of telephone poles and railroad tracks...not exactly the wave of the future. :wink:

kafrun said:

You're nice to him but me you threaten. Tsk.

LM, sorry about your dog....I hope that you're able to find out the problem and solve it.

^ I thought we bonded over violence :hug:

LemonMelon said:
It cracks me up watching the local stations out here, especially when they show commercials about high-speed internet access. There are all these shots of telephone poles and railroad tracks...not exactly the wave of the future. :wink:
It's practically like Canada out there, eh? :cute:

LemonMelon said:

*snerk*

Violence.
fryingpan.gif
:heart:

^ I'm just good like that.

LemonMelon said:

:cute: Canada is fun (comparatively speaking). Been there a couple of times.

French television programs :drool:
French Canadian televesion :crazy: French Canadians :coocoo: No wait, I'm half french :uhoh:

kafrun said:

French Canadian televesion :crazy: French Canadians :coocoo: No wait, I'm half french :uhoh:

:hug: Don't feel too bad, I'm 60% German and hate most everything German. The food, the language, the national flag, etc.

LemonMelon said:
:hug: Don't feel too bad, I'm 60% German and hate most everything German. The food, the language, etc.

:ohmy: :sad:

I'm 0% German and I love the language, culture... use of cities like Berlin in movies like Bourne Supremacy... the whole deal!

I wish I were British. Now, I love pretty much everything about that culture, taxing and dental care notwithstanding.

No spoken words said:
I'm a bit of an Anglophile myself....went to London for a week and it was simply amazing.

I would love to do something like that. Only another year of school left...perhaps it would be a good idea to do a bit of traveling afterwards. :drool:

LemonMelon said:

I would love to do something like that. Only another year of school left...perhaps it would be a good idea to do a bit of traveling afterwards. :drool:

I love travel, but for whatever reason, never took time off to do it...I still secretly hope to get fired one day, so I can take off for a few months.

So, be it after HS or College, whatever, I hope you do some roaming.

Back
Top Bottom