The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #391
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Hi Reg, if you're still here.

I tried to say hello right away, but the site died or something.

Anyways, hello!
__________________

__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #392
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Beav, it'd be about a 4 - 5 hour drive from Toronto to Ottawa. And Leafs and Canadiens seel out fast, too. Not too sure about Senators.

I don't sound like that.


April, the weekend I went to Tiger Stadium, it was me and two American guys from Cleveland. We stayed in Windsor and drove back and forth for two games. The one guy had a friend living in Detroit, and he met up with us for a game. My friend was in the shower, and the Detroit guy called our room to make plans. I answered the phone and talked to him for a few minutes. Within five seconds, he said "you're Canadian."

Wtf? He was like five minutes from me, albeit we were in different countries at the time. So my pattern of speech is that distinctly different from someone five minutes away, that it's recognizable??
__________________

__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Beav, it'd be about a 4 - 5 hour drive from Toronto to Ottawa. And Leafs and Canadiens seel out fast, too. Not too sure about Senators.

I don't sound like that.


April, the weekend I went to Tiger Stadium, it was me and two American guys from Cleveland. We stayed in Windsor and drove back and forth for two games. The one guy had a friend living in Detroit, and he met up with us for a game. My friend was in the shower, and the Detroit guy called our room to make plans. I answered the phone and talked to him for a few minutes. Within five seconds, he said "you're Canadian."

Wtf? He was like five minutes from me, albeit we were in different countries at the time. So my pattern of speech is that distinctly different from someone five minutes away, that it's recognizable??
Yeah, but you're in a different country with a different dialect. It's no different than say France and Belgium, they speak completely different languages, right?

Plus, obviously, this guy had something for hot, well endowed Canadians...
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #394
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog


Yeah, but you're in a different country with a different dialect. It's no different than say France and Belgium, they speak completely different languages, right?

Plus, obviously, this guy had something for hot, well endowed Canadians...
You just reminded me of something! Detroit guy and my one Cleveland friend were in one car, and me and the other Cleveland guy were in his truck. My friend in the car later told me that Detroit guy asked him "so who's the girl with the boobs?"
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #395
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Me and a bunch of guys, and baseball, and booze aplenty. Good times.

Man, I could use a weekend like that, about now.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #396
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 06:42 AM
That sounds really good, VP!

Hi!
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #397
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Hey Thora! How's your day going?
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


My friend in the car later told me that Detroit guy asked him "so who's the girl with the boobs?"

If you're friend was smart (Like me) he would have said "which one"...

Don't most girls have boobs?
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #399
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog



If you're friend was smart
(Like me) he would have said "which one"...

Don't most girls have boobs?
Mine were apparently outstanding enough for him to mention.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #400
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Hey Thora! How's your day going?
Not too bad, thanks. I have to do a lot of driving tonight. My mom needs some help getting herself out of a huge jam, so I'll be driving across Vancouver and back tonight to do some things for her. I'm not so thrilled about it, but thankfully a friend of mine is coming along, and we'll also go out for dinner. That will make the evening more enjoyable.

How about you?
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #401
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Omg, another thing I could do on the weekend of July 14/15. I just got presale info for Barenaked Ladies in Detroit.


__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #402
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB


Not too bad, thanks. I have to do a lot of driving tonight. My mom needs some help getting herself out of a huge jam, so I'll be driving across Vancouver and back tonight to do some things for her. I'm not so thrilled about it, but thankfully a friend of mine is coming along, and we'll also go out for dinner. That will make the evening more enjoyable.

How about you?
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Me, I didn't get much sleep last night, and have been running errands since I got up, practically, haven't even had time to eat yet. So tonight, I'm going to pick up Sarah from her class at 7, make a frozen rising crust pizza, and then park myself in front of the tv to watch House and GG...and then hopefully a bit of reading and an early bedtime.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


So tonight, I'm going to pick up Sarah from her class at 7, make a frozen rising crust pizza, and then park myself in front of the tv to watch House and GG...and then hopefully a bit of reading and an early bedtime.
It just occurred to me that a night like this sounding so appealing to me might be the very reason I'm no longer having exciting escapades, gallivanting to other countries to hang out with men, watch baseball, and drink.

: pathetic:


I need some fun, dammit.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Me, I didn't get much sleep last night, and have been running errands since I got up, practically, haven't even had time to eat yet. So tonight, I'm going to pick up Sarah from her class at 7, make a frozen rising crust pizza, and then park myself in front of the tv to watch House and GG...and then hopefully a bit of reading and an early bedtime.
Nope, it's nothing too serious. I just have to meet one of her co-workers, pick up a few documents, then take them to an office that's right by where I work. One of my mom's co-workers is in my area of town this week, and this woman was supposed to bring the stuff with her, but she forgot it. Their deadline is tomorrow, so that's where I come in. I don't mind too much. I'm just lazy, that's all.

Your evening sounds really great. I'm having a friend tape GG for me, since I probably won't get home in time to watch.
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #405
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk


Mine were apparently outstanding enough for him to mention.
They're real...and they're spectacular...not that I'd know or anything...
__________________

__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com