The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beav, it'd be about a 4 - 5 hour drive from Toronto to Ottawa. And Leafs and Canadiens seel out fast, too. Not too sure about Senators.

I don't sound like that. :angry:

April, the weekend I went to Tiger Stadium, it was me and two American guys from Cleveland. We stayed in Windsor and drove back and forth for two games. The one guy had a friend living in Detroit, and he met up with us for a game. My friend was in the shower, and the Detroit guy called our room to make plans. I answered the phone and talked to him for a few minutes. Within five seconds, he said "you're Canadian."

Wtf? :huh: He was like five minutes from me, albeit we were in different countries at the time. So my pattern of speech is that distinctly different from someone five minutes away, that it's recognizable??

VintagePunk said:
Beav, it'd be about a 4 - 5 hour drive from Toronto to Ottawa. And Leafs and Canadiens seel out fast, too. Not too sure about Senators.

I don't sound like that. :angry:

April, the weekend I went to Tiger Stadium, it was me and two American guys from Cleveland. We stayed in Windsor and drove back and forth for two games. The one guy had a friend living in Detroit, and he met up with us for a game. My friend was in the shower, and the Detroit guy called our room to make plans. I answered the phone and talked to him for a few minutes. Within five seconds, he said "you're Canadian."

Wtf? :huh: He was like five minutes from me, albeit we were in different countries at the time. So my pattern of speech is that distinctly different from someone five minutes away, that it's recognizable??

Yeah, but you're in a different country with a different dialect. It's no different than say France and Belgium, they speak completely different languages, right?

Plus, obviously, this guy had something for hot, well endowed Canadians...:shifty:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Yeah, but you're in a different country with a different dialect. It's no different than say France and Belgium, they speak completely different languages, right?

Plus, obviously, this guy had something for hot, well endowed Canadians...:shifty:

You just reminded me of something! Detroit guy and my one Cleveland friend were in one car, and me and the other Cleveland guy were in his truck. My friend in the car later told me that Detroit guy asked him "so who's the girl with the boobs?" :lmao:

VintagePunk said:
Hey Thora! :hug: How's your day going?

Not too bad, thanks. I have to do a lot of driving tonight. My mom needs some help getting herself out of a huge jam, so I'll be driving across Vancouver and back tonight to do some things for her. I'm not so thrilled about it, but thankfully a friend of mine is coming along, and we'll also go out for dinner. That will make the evening more enjoyable.

How about you?

ThoraSEB said:

Not too bad, thanks. I have to do a lot of driving tonight. My mom needs some help getting herself out of a huge jam, so I'll be driving across Vancouver and back tonight to do some things for her. I'm not so thrilled about it, but thankfully a friend of mine is coming along, and we'll also go out for dinner. That will make the evening more enjoyable.

How about you?

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Me, I didn't get much sleep last night, and have been running errands since I got up, practically, haven't even had time to eat yet. So tonight, I'm going to pick up Sarah from her class at 7, make a frozen rising crust pizza, and then park myself in front of the tv to watch House and GG...and then hopefully a bit of reading and an early bedtime. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

So tonight, I'm going to pick up Sarah from her class at 7, make a frozen rising crust pizza, and then park myself in front of the tv to watch House and GG...and then hopefully a bit of reading and an early bedtime. :drool:

It just occurred to me that a night like this sounding so appealing to me might be the very reason I'm no longer having exciting escapades, gallivanting to other countries to hang out with men, watch baseball, and drink.

:sad: : pathetic:

I need some fun, dammit. :madwife:

VintagePunk said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Me, I didn't get much sleep last night, and have been running errands since I got up, practically, haven't even had time to eat yet. So tonight, I'm going to pick up Sarah from her class at 7, make a frozen rising crust pizza, and then park myself in front of the tv to watch House and GG...and then hopefully a bit of reading and an early bedtime. :drool:

Nope, it's nothing too serious. I just have to meet one of her co-workers, pick up a few documents, then take them to an office that's right by where I work. One of my mom's co-workers is in my area of town this week, and this woman was supposed to bring the stuff with her, but she forgot it. Their deadline is tomorrow, so that's where I come in. I don't mind too much. I'm just lazy, that's all. :D

Your evening sounds really great. :drool: I'm having a friend tape GG for me, since I probably won't get home in time to watch.

ThoraSEB said:

Nope, it's nothing too serious. I just have to meet one of her co-workers, pick up a few documents, then take them to an office that's right by where I work. One of my mom's co-workers is in my area of town this week, and this woman was supposed to bring the stuff with her, but she forgot it. Their deadline is tomorrow, so that's where I come in. I don't mind too much. I'm just lazy, that's all. :D

Your evening sounds really great. :drool: I'm having a friend tape GG for me, since I probably won't get home in time to watch.

Oh, okay. I was wondering if it were something illicit or illegal that you had been assigned to "fix" for her. :shifty: Like you had been called upon to whack someone, or something, to get her out of this "jam." :yikes:

:lol:

VintagePunk said:

Oh, okay. I was wondering if it were something illicit or illegal that you had been assigned to "fix" for her. :shifty: Like you had been called upon to whack someone, or something, to get her out of this "jam." :yikes:

:lol:

:lmao:

No, my mom would never tell me if she were up to something like that. I really can't see her ever doing that. She's such a tiny, cute little woman. :laugh: Although that could be really fun! :hmm:

ThoraSEB said:

:lmao:

No, my mom would never tell me if she were up to something like that. I really can't see her ever doing that. She's such a tiny, cute little woman. :laugh: Although that could be really fun! :hmm:

You should have just replied with a :shifty: and been all mysterious about it. :lol:

Hi Ashley :wave:

I was just looking at that 'which celebrity do you look like?' thread. :lmao:

Sarah put a picture of me into one of those, and one of the ones it came up with was Keith Urban. :lol: I was flattered. He's kinda pretty. :wink:

See you Reg, Thora :wave:

Back
Top Bottom