The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mandy1973 said:

Um...well..I think today its meant to be about 28C, blue skyes...will be up to about 36C by friday. I definately can't complain

mad.jpg

This morning it felt like was 2F. That's like -123C. Or something.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:love:

Ok, I will get some cold and flu drinks on my way home tonight.

Fuck, I have knitting tonight. I missed last week because of leaky faucet so I really have to go tonight. :rant:

I seriously feel like I could go on a rage blackout right now. :mad: I need to either embrace it or get all zen.

Omg, I saw the pictures of your knitting. :cute: :lol:

People who make cryptic phone calls :killintheface:

UberBeaver said:

*My grandmother was half French Canadian, and I always wondered why she wasn't either French or Canadian. Which side am I supposed to be ashamed of? She was also half Irish so my father used to say she was Irish.

Ahh, the French Canadians. :lol: My brain isn't functioning at top speed this morning (not enough coffee yet), but I went to wikipedia in hopes that they might explain it better than I can right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadian

Also have a look at Québécois - that explains it a bit more.

Good morning/afternoon all, by the way.

VintagePunk said:

I seriously feel like I could go on a rage blackout right now. :mad: I need to either embrace it or get all zen.

Omg, I saw the pictures of your knitting. :cute: :lol:

People who make cryptic phone calls :killintheface:

For one class that's not too bad! :mad: :reject: :lol:

Grrrr, cryptic phone calls. :rant:

Cryptic anything, for that matter. :down: :hug:

Sorry, Shannon, can't help you there.

U2's about as Irish as my music collection gets. :hides:

You changed your avatar. :sad: But I likes the new one.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so who's got some nice irish folk music for me? other than the normal dubliners, clancy brothers (which i'm listening to right now :drool: )

hook a brotha up

Ever heard of Great Big Sea? I have a ton of their music. They're not Irish, they're from eastern Canada, which pretty much amounts to the same thing - celtic music.

ThoraSEB said:

Ahh, the French Canadians. :lol: My brain isn't functioning at top speed this morning (not enough coffee yet), but I went to wikipedia in hopes that they might explain it better than I can right now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadian

Yep, that was her. Her family moved to New England in the late 1800s or so. After reading all that I understad why my father just said she was Irish.

Thanks!

For one class that's not too bad! :mad: :reject: :lol:

I don't understand how you could end up with more than you cast on. I haven't knit for years, did a lot of it in my teens (I was a cool kid who knit. Really :shifty: ). I wish I could watch you, and help. I'm sure you'll get it soon, though. :up:

i'm sure the old one will return at some point.

:hyper:

VintagePunk said:

I don't understand how you could end up with more than you cast on. I haven't knit for years, did a lot of it in my teens (I was a cool kid who knit. Really :shifty: ). I wish I could watch you, and help. I'm sure you'll get it soon, though. :up:

I'm knitting-impaired. :der:

I'm getting better, but this just further proves I am not, nor will I ever be, Ms Suzy Homemaker.

Not that that makes me sad, just saying. :wink:

UberBeaver said:

Yep, that was her. Her family moved to New England in the late 1800s or so. After reading all that I understad why my father just said she was Irish.

Thanks!

No problem.

I don't have much Celtic-type music either. I need to change that.

I'm knitting-impaired. :der:

I'm getting better, but this just further proves I am not, nor will I ever be, Ms Suzy Homemaker.

Not that that makes me sad, just saying. :wink:

My grandma taught me when I was really young, maybe about 7 or 8. Just the basics, though, knit, purl. In my late teens I picked it up again, and knit a baby sweater, hat and booties set for a friend. I though I'd only done the one, but when I was cleaning out my old closet at my mom's a few months ago, I found another sweater that was finished. I was impressed. I don't think I'd be able to do it now, though.

Hey thora :wave:

so who's got some nice irish folk music for me? other than the normal dubliners, clancy brothers (which i'm listening to right now :drool: )

hook a brotha up

I was going to send out a playlist before st.pats but then my laptop died. I need to start ripping.

oh and I got my laptop back :( it's so sad.It's like she has amnesia she doesnt' even recognize me.

Back
Top Bottom