The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

Yeah, sure, mock my sensitive side. I'll never open up again!

:)

Snow, you need to subscribe to Mikeflix.

:)

If it wasn't international and a ridiculous cost for postage I would. Thanks for the offer though!

I suppose it someone called me a "Californian" I might not cop to it. Depends on the context. I only live here, after all. :)

Forgive me for not knowing this, but, are you actually from Ireland? I know you are Irish, but figured you meant of Irish descent.

No spoken words said:
I suppose it someone called me a "Californian" I might not cop to it. Depends on the context. I only live here, after all. :)

Forgive me for not knowing this, but, are you actually from Ireland? I know you are Irish, but figured you meant of Irish descent.

I'm actually from there. I wouldn't say I wasn't Canadian if I was wasn't actually from somewhere else. :)

RedrocksU2 said:
I love playing that sport.
There is something about catching that ball with your kid........it reminds me of the final scene from "The Natural"

the_natural.jpg

Just like in Field of Dreams, "hey dad...you wanna have a catch?" oh man. :sad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
one can only hope that some day they can release a DVD of the greatest rock and roll hall of fame performances for whatever charity they can think of... maybe save the music or whatever.

:yes:

Prince indeed rocks. I need to get some of his stuff next time I go CD shopping. :hmm:

Hey VP :wave:

I have no favorite baseball movie. Go figure. :tongue:

Is that the "if you build it they will come" one?

My favorite sports movie has and always will be Slap Shot. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Oh, and I remember liking A League of Their Own when it came out, but that qualifies more as a chick flick, doesn't it? Besides, I was 13 and Madonna was in it. :shh:

Field of Dreams I find tough to watch. I guess I'm not man enough to cry. I haven't seen the Natural since I was a kid, but I remember thinking it was kind of boring, but I hear it's a good one. Major League is funny, Bull Durham too. Major League 2, not so funny.

Prince :up:

I remember listening to a comedy routine by Chris Rock saying; "Remember when we used to wonder who is better, Michael Jackson or Prince?...........................Prince won"
:lol:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:drool: x 100

How old is that - I'd never seen it. Too bad about all the stupid fucking comments below. Honestly that shit drives me nuts, even on here. Why can't people just appreciate something for what it is and move the fuck on. The comparing and bickering half the time about hypothetical stuff depresses the hell out of me. /rant

I want that on my ipod :(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Is that the "if you build it they will come" one?

My favorite sports movie has and always will be Slap Shot. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Oh, and I remember liking A League of Their Own when it came out, but that qualifies more as a chick flick, doesn't it? Besides, I was 13 and Madonna was in it. :shh:

Yes, "if you build it..." :(

Slap Shot rules. I actually watched some of it the other night - the French Canadian* goalie in the first scene - classic. :lmao:

*My grandmother was half French Canadian, and I always wondered why she wasn't either French or Canadian. Which side am I supposed to be ashamed of? She was also half Irish so my father used to say she was Irish.

snowbunny00774 said:

:drool: x 100

How old is that - I'd never seen it. Too bad about all the stupid fucking comments below. Honestly that shit drives me nuts, even on here. Why can't people just appreciate something for what it is and move the fuck on. The comparing and bickering half the time about hypothetical stuff depresses the hell out of me. /rant

I want that on my ipod :(

That's just a couple of years old, three I think.

Yeah, I read all those comments below and it's a shame people can't just appreciate. :down:

Back
Top Bottom